Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Driver Bugs [Megathread]

Zaisha

Yep, yesterday I was playing 150-160 FPS with all the graphic options at maximum level. Now, it goes at a merely 30 FPS.

This is my rig:

Intel i7 quad-core (there are some numbers somewhere here)

Nvidia GeForce GTX970M 3 GB GDDR5

8 GB RAM DDR3

Windows 8 64 bit

I mean, are you for real?

OT: BTW, I couldn't log in on this forum from Google Chrome, I had to use Internet Explorer. Also, it seems that I can't link nor copy/paste anything here.

Great update... Yesterday the game ran at stabil 60 fps, today i've got a locked 20. And what is this forced Dx9 API BS?? Why the devs forced us to use that ancient, ineffective API over Dx11!? FYI i'M not mad or anything just kinda sad, because the last update made the game totally unplayable to me.

My rig:

Intel i7 920 @ 4,2 Ghz

12 Gb DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz

MSI R6970 2 GB

AMD Driver: 14.12 WHQL

Windows 7 64 bit

Edited by WaspHUN

Well DE is trying to fix a problem with AMD GPUs but in doing so pretty much borked the whole game for at least 40-50% of their player base.

Theyre pulling the over protective parent mode on us right now. "Oh, this has some problems with it, it won't kill you, but just to be safe were gonna put the child locks on it just to be sure you don't hurt yourself."

:/

Just patched the game, launcher updated directx and now my game runs on few fps.

I imagine this is going to be fixed, but seriously what is happening to the performance of the game, it seems as with each update we lose on the performance.

I used to run it in nice 60fps, then post Chroma update i experience some spikes to 40-45 depending on the tile sets, and now this...

Imo proper optimization should be a priority.

Edited by Sedihilos

On topic- you most likely have an AMD GPU, and due to issues DX10/11 have been disabled for people running certain drivers, afaik. Nothing you can do really, I'm personally taking a break until this tides over.

Off topic- this is not lag, this is performance/fps issues.

On topic (again)- I also personally noticed a drop in graphics quality, which is expectedly from the disabling of DX10/11.

Have you manually verified and optimized your files and download cache from the launcher?

Sometimes running those helps after updating. I make sure to run the optimization manually at least every two build updates.(i.e. 15.16 -->16.0, 16.2 --> 16.3, 16.3 --> 16.3.3.1(because of the DirectX stuff), ran optimization, etc. etc.)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Well, depending in the age of the PC in question there is something called tin whiskers, which are microscopic run filaments that grow off electric circuitry. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this other than buying a new PC. I'd google it if your interested in more info.

Ermahgerd 40 fps pls de stop everything and give me my 20 fps back pshhh i play with 24-40 fps and i barley complain

Just because you play it like that doesn't mean that's as the game should be, also this part of the forum is to report on pefrormance issues isn't it, so why shouldn't i post about it?

Now i honestly don't care too much about high fps, but 60 is what's expected nowadays and if my config meets or goes over the recommended specs it should run well. Spikes from 60 to 40 create massive lag and freezes and such poor optimization can stress your pc a lot.

Point being of the topic, the latest update really screwed the performance as i can barely move my cursor to exit the game... So it should be something to look at asap.

Edited by Sedihilos

Just going to post it here started warframe today and constant frame drops to 25fps from 60fps before the last update it was rare but sometimes it dropped to maybe 45fps (unnoticable). but today it's nearly unplayable (all fps numbers are with VSync on without I have 150fps with drops to 90fps)

btw. graphicscard is a EVGA GTX650 Ti

Edit: Changing to Fullscreen from borderless window fixed the drops for me (also my GPU was doing 2sec work and than 1sec pause which was funny to watch on the graph xD)

Edited by Fleyrion

Same here!

I am getting back normal performance before this last "QUALITY" update.

Now got AGAIN low fps and HUGE fps drops like - 20 and frequently -40 fps !!!!

I don't use AMD cards, but I got the same problem !

3 weeks to fix the previous performance issue, one week with good performance (the update done just before the 50th devstream fix the old fps problem for me) and NOW THIS ! This UPDATE broke FPS AGAIN !!!!

Overall isn't a hardware problem, it's clearly the game and for sure DX.

So DE please fix it ASAP!

My RIG
CPU: 4930k
8g ram
SLI NVidia 780TI EVGA Classified
Display: BENQ 2420T
Windows 7 64 bit pro

Edited by Rec7Armrud

Apparently people were having problems with their AMD graphic card so DE rolled back yesterday's update but it seems they have also  messed with something for intel graphic cards. When i first launched the game after this update it crashed. Then i tried a second time and i got in. I launched a mission loading took longer and my FPS dropped to 1 at some points while loading. While in mission it would at some points just freeze and then go. Is anyone else having these problems? 

EDIT: After restarting my computer and optimizing the game cache it has gotten better but still freezes at some points.

Edited by Ihavefallen

Hey, just wanted to mention that normally I run the game in DirectX 9, because it's pretty stable, but I decided to try the game out with 10, and then 11 turned on (from the Launcher). Both times I tried, while in my Liset, the game would occasionally stutter. Under 9, it's completely smooth, but 10 or 11, it's like it chugs or something, which is odd because it's a Geforce GTX 960. It shouldn't chug at all.

I initially turned DirectX 10 and 11 off, because the game was getting choppy at times, so yeah, something is going on.