Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalipurr Has Matured Into Excalikill'em'all 0_O

Bouldershoulder

Well, you could replace you equilibrium with Rage, and henceforth get rid of Redirection and replace that with Quick Thinking. I mean, you're in an ability that runs on energy that you can Life Strike your health back with. You're getting damaged constantly so that instantly negates your loss of energy by giving you energy for your health, which you then Life Strike back.

You could Get rid of Transient Fortitude and Intensify and just use Blind Rage, which gives a bigger bonus than the both of them.

But that's just what I saw. A better Excalibro Tenno probably has a much more efficient build than I do. Maybe one'll come around. ^-^

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Any arguments? Go to cimulacrum and find better. I've spent the whole previous evening to find what mods contribute to the highest damage.

I sense  a disturbing lack of pressure point

Edit: Excalibur got a massive armor buff and you do not have steel fiber. Add steel fiber, maybe remove redirection, add rage, remove equilibrium, and add more strength or efficiency maybe. 

As said above, rage restores energy upon having damaged health, and lifestrike restores health for energy. Throw on top the damage reduction from the armor for a nice set up

Edited by Surtur

I have to agree that's one of the weaker builds I've seen so far.

Going 175% efficiency is a must.

You really only need a max Vitality as a defensive mod paired with lifestrike on your melee. Going with 3 defensive mods on the frame takes way too much precious space.

You do not need 200% strength at all. Surging Dash is always a better choice over intensify and will net you more damage.

Do not underestimate extra range on Excal as it improves both slash dash and radial blind which are crucial by quite a bit.

Oh and your melee build just hurts my eyes Oo. How can you even think not using pressure point is an option?? and since you are using the skana Bright Purity on it is a straight up must.. Really if you want to build it right you have 2 maybe 3 90% ele mods on there no more.

So yeah that's my 2 cents. Oh and these are tips to get excal past 40 minutes on T4 survival without any problems btw.

Edited by Tessai117

Numbers can be greater by at least 1/3 (+99% power strength) and even more with mire and toxic blight instead of virulent scourge (+40% additional toxic damage).

I doubt using the Mire is gonna increase your damage. Exalted Blade does not benefit from weapon damage. The energy waves of Exalted Blade dont benefit from mods that increase base damag, only mods that adds a damage percentage based on the base damage will affect the energy waves. The Mire is a weapon, not a mod.

If the Mire does indeed increase the damage on the energy waves because of its elemental damage then it must be a bug.

Edited by Ory_Hara

175% efficiency is a must? I have 105% and I never run out of energy. For what do you need full efficiency + quick thinking on excalibur? EB only drains 2.5 energy per sec.

You need the max efficiency if you want to constantly use slash dash and radial blind to control the battlefield which is required when doing high level content. I use a rank 9 primed flow and still sometimes find myself reaching 100-150 energy (with a nearly 400 max) encouraging me to go energy orb hunting a bit more consciously at those moments. Oh and I very much dislike quick thinking I never use it.

Edited by Tessai117

here is the deal, Crimson Dervish will not do anything good to you as stances do not transfer,

go for base damage first instead of elementals when building stuff.

scrap faction mod for a base damage mod

if you are using: Dual Cleavers, Skana, or Mire use the syndicate mod to gain even more base damage

do not be afraid of spoiled strike, attack speed does not carry over to the ability

as for the excalibro

i have seen worse builds, but hey not all of us have sense for modding right away, it takes time

the only aspect of his abilities dependent on duration is the blind, so scrap any duration mods

use overextended, range is important, BUT also do negate the negative power strength, but since hurting efficiency is bad use transient fortitude + intensify (or a r3 blind rage, no more than that)

QT + Rage + Vitality combo is required, you are using life strike already

scrap redirection, only high shield frames use it, that is rhino/volt/mag/frost, others have no use for it

do not use equilibrium, it is a waste of modding space on non-support type frames (vauban is support frame, so he can, but not excalibur)

scrap flow, you need efficiency over capacity, why you ask? cuz with good efficiency you can start blending enemies into blobs of meat the moment you get 1 energy orb, meaning less time searching for them

yet again, scrap duration mods, and for the love of god, when possible, remove ANY POLARITY for aura slot, excalibur is made to be compatible with both steel charge and energy siphon for a good reason, flexibility

now if possible, read this over a few times and think why your CRITS after blinding enemies with radial blind are STILL LOWER than regular dmg of a properly modded excalibur + any melee set

here is the deal, Crimson Dervish will not do anything good to you as stances do not transfer,

go for base damage first instead of elementals when building stuff.

scrap faction mod for a base damage mod

if you are using: Dual Cleavers, Skana, or Mire use the syndicate mod to gain even more base damage

do not be afraid of spoiled strike, attack speed does not carry over to the ability

If the build he is using is made to optimize the energy waves of Exalted Blade then your suggestions wont help a thing. Base damage mods do not affect the energy waves but additive damage mods does. Rather than faction damage however i would put on a Killing Blow mod. Channeling boost the damage on the energy wave but will not drain energy when it hits a enemy and Killing Blow gives far more damage than the faction damage mods.

Dude. At least be sure of what you are saying. Any melee mod will affect EB. that includes fury, berserker and spoiled strike. all 3 affect EB's attack speed. And scrapping all duration mods is not a good idea. You need to keep duration somewhat close to 80-100%. Thats just how important radial blind is. And in Excal's case focussing on EB, surging dash is at all times better than intensify as all his damage scales with the melee combo counter. Now we are entering personal preference territory but primed flow is extremely good on Excal if you want to play him very actively (required on high level)

A-ha-ha! Now all of you (well, most), guys, go to simulacrum and test the hell out of Excalibur. Pressure point does not affect wave damage, Steel charge does not affect wave damage, Bright Purity does not affect wave damage, channeling does not increase wave damage. Only power strength, elemental, physical mods, and faction mods, affect wave damage (well, combo counter as well, but that's another matter). 30% from faction mod literally multiplies each equipped elemental mod by 1,3 (as well as the base damage), so 1 faction and 3 elemental mods give more damage than 4 elemental mods.

Why should I switch flow and equilibrium for rage and quick thinking when my enemies are blinded on sight, and I have a constant supply of energy, which I can convert to health? I almost don't receive any damage (only when I revive someone). Blind rage will deplete my energy faster and I will need to compensate it with fleeting expertise, which will reduce my blind duration drastically.

Why should I stick my nose into a crowd with unreliable Slash Dash, when I can send a wave which will do massive x4 blinded damage, proccing several aoe Gas Clouds and Electric stuns on the way, which will do additional insane damage? Slash Dash for me is only situational and I don't like to rely on a fleeting combo counter. I can send waves from behind covers and even through thick walls, remaining perfectly safe.

Why should I not equip Crimson Dervish, when it has a matching polarity with the weapon and provides more mod capacity?

On Mire I can put Toxic Blight which adds 100% toxin damage (and it also has 10% innate toxin damage),

DtNyvc5.jpg

and replace with it the Volcanic Edge. It will be 60% less status, but 50% more damage (or i can go for status and just replace fever strike for +20% damage,10% innate). And it will also proc Blight with aoe virus, which will again halve everything's health and restore 25 energy to me.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

A-ha-ha! Now all of you (well, most), guys, go to simulacrum and test the hell out of Excalibur. Pressure point does not affect wave damage, Steel charge does not affect wave damage, Bright Purity does not affect wave damage, channeling does not increase wave damage. Only power strength, elemental, physical mods, and faction mods, affect wave damage (well, combo counter as well, but that's another matter). 30% from faction mod literally multiplies each equipped elemental mod by 1,3 (as well as the base damage), so 1 faction and 3 elemental mods give more damage than 4 elemental mods.

You can go to the Simulacrum. Channeling was supposed to increase the wave damage.but it was bugged for some people which has now been hofixed.

Changes:

• Re-enabled Physics optimizations for dual-core systems.
  • Made several small optimizations for long-running missions with lots of loot.

Fixes:

• Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy waves not receiving a boost from damage Mods when used by Clients.
  • Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy wave not benefiting from channeling buffs.
  • Fixed Clients using Exalted Blade not gaining benefits from Syndicate Mods.
  • Fixed the Proto Glaive skin causing Exalted Blade to not appear properly in Excalibur’s hand.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/479235-hotfix-1694/?p=5338902#entry5338902

Edited by Ory_Hara