Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade And Gun Challenge: Popular Science

DE_Adam

This week's challenge puts Tenno tweaked weapons and Cephalon technology to the test.  Season three of Blade and Gun Challenge is on, and you can get all the details on our most recent Champion and brand new Challenge right here.

As an update to our Blade and Gun Champions, next week we'll formally announce the winners of our Champion Challenge and the 1000p prize!

Good luck, Tenno!

-DE_Adam

Now, I DEFINITELY think the Dera Vandal should've been a reward for the current event...

Edited for submission:

Loadout:

hZ5CqQm.jpg

Submission 1:

Valkyr will NEVER BE TESTED ON AGAIN!!!

SFHtwGL.jpg

Submission 2:

6HnLOEn.jpg

Edited by Wingdude100

Alright tryin my hand at this again.....im actually kinda upset that all of the honorable mentions have ui in them but i understand the value of being able to verify multiple kills...oh well i dont control (or even know) what is judged on so i cant be too mad at it.

loadout

ATxTIfY.jpg

Submissions

Eo0EhFp.jpg

3ERk6JH.jpg

the second one was kinda hard to setup considering i had to wait for the quanta's secondary to explode then time my strike right with the prova. total kills in the shot is 3 from what i can tell. 1 prod crewman front and center. 1 crewman faceplanted into his cover and 1 crewman behind the stairs revealed by his resource drop. There could have been more but those are the three actually visable in some way.

EDIT: Kills confirmed if its brought into question THIS IS NOT A SUBMISSION BUT IS A SUPLEMENT TO MY SUBMISSION TWO should it be called into question this is proof of at least 3 kills being in frame. i was still in the mission i got the second one while i submited so i went to look at the spot

QSZWnGI.jpg

as you can plainly see there are two ammo drops here and all other kills were elsewhere in the room. now this possibly confirms 3 kills in addition to the prod crewman but i know for a fact that enemies can drop both an ammo and resource at the same time but cant drop two ammo drops without a nekros or hydroid and i was solo. can provide post mission results if i need to but im not sure what good itll do cause those can be faked....you guys at DE have the tools needed to confirm i was alone on venus at approx. the time i edited this last.

EDIT2: just now looking back at it i spotted a purple sniper ammo as well and in screenshot two you can see it hadnt settled yet in the shot so kills in shot (though admittedly only truly 2 would count) is now 4

EDIT2: in spoiler for suplement i noticed another sniper ammo. confirmed kills via quanta 3 and 1 via prova.

Edited by Caobie

Okay I am a little bit upset about the outcome of the last Gun & Blade decisions, since I put lots of time into it and for me it looks like the simpler it looks the better the rating. I am not sure how you guys rate the pictures, I was aiming for a more action like approach but all the top spots looked like simple bow kills. So we shouldn't try to get creative with our weapons? Or shouldn't try to get the fanciest shot out of our builds ? I am just not sure what is asked of us ^^
I mean these shots are good nothing to say about that but wasn't the challenge to do something else than the usual arrow to the face move ? ^^
There were lots of good and creative guys out there.
I am not mad about not winning its just I would like to have some feedback^^

At least i tried.

Loadout

MgvsQch.jpg

Submission

4B0oOUZ.jpg

AND

g4HOu70.jpg

Just quick question to DE: Gammacor and Synoid Gammacor is secondary why did you put both of them in primary? is this allowed to used in challenge as secondary weapons?

Edited by Shafilp

Loadout:

HhVwwyr.jpg

Submission 1:

CdxJwCl.jpg

I had made it quite far into their base, yet the alarms had remained silent. These two were going to pay with their life - or robotic existence - for that.

I jumped off the stairs and into the room, right between them. My Prova Vandal hit the ground first. Sparks flew in all directions. They were dead at once.

Submission 2:

OiMFcnS.jpg

Elite Crewmen had never been my favourites. Even less so now. My shields had taken heavy damage, but my armour was still intact. If things were to stay that way, the last of these Elite Crewmen might not have to die in agony, to a channeling attack.

Edited to fix a broken image tag.

Edited by Cythphn

It's time to show the Corpus that their inventions are far from perfect. There's always room for improvement.

ONLY the following Primary weapons can be used in this challenge:

· Simulor

· Gammacor

· Synoid Gammacor

· Braton Vandal

· Dera Vandal

· Quanta Vandal

· Snipetron Vandal

· Braton Vandal

Err ... what? (Synoid) Gammacor is a secondary, Dera Vandal isn't even out yet, and neither Simulor nor Gammacor or Braton are Corpus weapons. Unless this is a hint that the Cephalons were designed by the Corpus ...

Also: Double Braton :D

Edited by Bibliothekar

Only problems are that Braton Vandal is up twice, Gammacors needa be moved to secondary. But for those talking about Braton/Lato being Tenno, and the Cephalon weapons not being Corpus, If you read it it says "Tenno tweaked weapons and Cephalon technology", meaning every weapon up there is spot-on. ^.^

Loadout

JTpspy2.jpg?1

Submissions

Sub1

i6MKz4j.jpg?1

Sub2

hRH3NS0.jpg?1

Edited by KaraOgata

And when 72+ cubes explode above 4 moas heads...beauty is revealed

Could you try and redo it without the HUD? :) I think that looks really awesome, but all those numbers are a little distracting (and don't look so nice on a wallpaper).

On a side-note, we could really use a "Toggle HUD" key ...

Edited by Bibliothekar

Loadout:

5GIBB1u.jpg

Beware the cubes: (Entry 1)

zb1Fqqb.jpg

Provas at dawn, Sergeant. (Entry 2)

pFaTJRf.jpg

Notes:

I'm sure others have noted that Gammacor/synoid should be in secondary.  It's painful how many good quanta shots were ruined by explosions taking up the entire screen.  I wish the Lecta was in this... oh how I wish...

Could you try and redo it without the HUD? :) I think that looks really awesome, but all those numbers are a little distracting (and don't look so nice on a wallpaper).

On a side-note, we could really use a "Toggle HUD" key ...

I will try the next time I can lol