Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Ninja Nerfed Or Bugging?

Pride

So pre u17 i was ticking for eh about 1k-22k depending on status procs crits and other factors vs the first 20 waves of ODD where that number would actually go up a bit in later waves but now im hitting 80-12k with 12k only happening when i crit on the physical impact on a target. my build hasnt changed any so i played around with other elemental combinations and they are all doing the same thing ticking for super low numbers anyone else notice this or is my game just freaking out?

I'm pretty sure I recall someone from DE claiming that they don't do ninja nerfs, so if you see something that could be one, it's a bug.

DE has pulled ninja nerfs numerous times.  The Kohm was changed completely without a single mention in the patch notes.  DE has -still- not acknowledged it.

do we have any explanation for these insanely low numbers its completely ruining the whole weapon might as well be tonkor spamming like this

They're supposed to be a bit low, The ticks are only supposed to be about 8% of the weapon's full damage per second (40 base toxin damage/tick).  Of course, in the case of that screenshot it's still around 900 damage, or about 1100 after you factor in flesh's vulnerability to toxic damage. And corpus aren't well-known for having high armor.

DE has pulled ninja nerfs numerous times. The Kohm was changed completely without a single mention in the patch notes. DE has -still- not acknowledged it.

They're supposed to be a bit low, The ticks are only supposed to be about 8% of the weapon's full damage per second (40 base toxin damage/tick). Of course, in the case of that screenshot it's still around 900 damage, or about 1100 after you factor in flesh's vulnerability to toxic damage. And corpus aren't well-known for having high armor.

That suggest my 20 damage ticks come from an unmodded torid as opposed to a 6 forma monster

Hold your horses there, cowboy. Did anyone actually report the bug? As in, used the bug report section? Bug fixes don't take a day.

i reported it a couple days ago shortly before 17.0.5 was released ill give it one more hotfix before assuming its going to be bugged for a while. honestly the numbers are so low i cant convince myself this is intentional i cant even one shot lv 10 enemies with a 6 forma build.

I am going to have to say maybe there is an anomalous reason you are experiencing reduced damage. Min has 16k corrosive on it, and I do 200-600 per tick against lvl 30 orokin enemies in the simulacrum. This seems correct to me.

with 16k damage 8% per tick would come out to 1280 before resistances and bonuses most orokin enemies dont have a 50%-75% reduction or corrosive its definitely affecting you as well just not to the extreme it is on my torid im only running like 11k viral due to a couple of utility mods

Then maybe we are looking at a bug. Many people are talking about hitboxes being messed up recently and getting worse with U17.

Maybe what is happening is the center gives top end damage and the farther from the center it gives weaker like other explosive weapons, and if that is the case maybe the threshold for "center" in the code is somehow messed up.

Having just tested this in Jupiter Dark Sector Survival, I can confirm this.

** Edit **

Torid Damage

9 120 Blast

8 360 Corrosive

Total is ~35x base damage of 500 Toxin, or if I take off Split Chamber = ~17.5x base damage

Upon testing with Corrupted Heavy Gunner in the simulation room:

DoT (after all the corrosive procs) = 961 per tick (non-critical) applied to Cloned Flesh directly (neutrally accepts damage)

Does this seem right?

961 / 40 = ~24x base damage (which doesn't make sense)

But at the same time, it feels really, really weak (initial ticks are very low), I don't know why.

Edited by Pate8

I haven't noticed much of a change honestly.

Its almost definitely a bug and I wish people would stop jumping at shadows everytime something like this happens.

DE has "stealth nerfed" maybe 5 times and a majority of those times it was confirmed it was accidentally left out of the patch notes.

Does anyone really think DE is silly enough to continually deliberately stealth nerf when they know how childish and thorough this community can be?

They know someone will find just about any inconsistency almost instantly, so its not in DE's interests at all to constantly stealth nerf. 

Thats what I love about stealth nerf threads, 90% of the time its a bug (sometimes known bug) or they didn't read the patch notes properly.

Lets not jump on the stealth nerf bandwagon instantly every single time, plz?

pls DE why do you hate torid? this is ridiculous. the ammo nerf nearly destroyed it why do you wanna grave such a beautiful piece of equipment?

I think I've run out of ammo in the torid maybe twice since the change.

The ammo nerf didn't really change much at all.

As a lover of the Torid as well, I can confirm it kills things at a much slower rate than previously.

I'm sure it's probably intentional.

With the Tonkor and Kulstar out, DE probably wanted to give players incentive to use the new guns.

So they nerfed the old popular ones.

I see more Torids than Ogris or Pentas or Angstrums. I'm sure DE does as well.

So it's the one that gets to hang by a noose.

RIP Torid. You used to be the worst gun. Then you became one of the best. Now you're just ok again.

I appreciate the attention this is getting i feel it will help get the bug to DE's attention sooner and i dont think its a stealth nerf this would be way overkill for a nerf. Frankely this is one of those bugs that kills it for me i LOVE playing torid mirage i feel like im unstoppable when i can completely deny access to a hallway like that and i already REALLY miss this weapon.

my newfound love of tigris is easing the pain but that can only carry me so far -holding out for a hotfix-

As a lover of the Torid as well, I can confirm it kills things at a much slower rate than previously.

I'm sure it's probably intentional.

With the Tonkor and Kulstar out, DE probably wanted to give players incentive to use the new guns.

So they nerfed the old popular ones.

I see more Torids than Ogris or Pentas or Angstrums. I'm sure DE does as well.

So it's the one that gets to hang by a noose.

RIP Torid. You used to be the worst gun. Then you became one of the best. Now you're just ok again.

Is this even a real post.