Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pluto And Ambulas Rework [Phoenix Proxy]

That1Cactus

Pluto & Ambulas Rework Concept

---Tileset---

The idea for Pluto is that it could be a Corpus Mining Facility, and the tilesets could be in very huge and dark mining tunnels covered with catwalks, lights, and mining tracks/carts/equipment. The lighting can be interacted with to make parts of the tiles dark allowing for a very stealthy run against unfortunate Corpus crewman. It would also include new Corpus Miner units that are equipped with mining lights built into their helmets and various Corpus tools (Spectra, Quanta, etc.)

eBoMljv.jpg

----Quest: “Phoenix Proxy”----

Darvo recieves a distress call from an unknown character and asks him the Tenno to rescue them from the Corpus. Upon rescue it is revealed the character is Arn Etina, a Corpus scientist who was previously working on a stronger variation of MOA proxies. Arn says that his work had been "stolen” and requests the Tenno to retrieve what was formerly his.

While getting all his Data back it is revealed that another Corpus by the name of Ide Setos had claimed all of Arn’s work and equipment as their own. Arn Etina is angered by it and asks the Tenno to sabotage all tech related to the project on Pluto. In his words “If I can’t have it, no one can.”

After destroying most of the project, Ide Setos catches on to what has been happening and reveals that the project had already finished it’s first batch of prototypes and are named “Ambulas”. The Tenno’s new mission is to destroy these prototypes. The first prototypes take the appearance of normal MOA with a black paint job, fairly easy to kill off. The second prototypes are Bursa MOAs with a similar paint job, though after it is destroyed that Ide Setos had been luring the Tenno away from the real Ambulas which had reached it’s final design. (Nicknamed “Ambulas Carnotaurus”)

The finale is to fight this much stronger Ambulas and stop the project and Ide Setos in their tracks.

After the battle Ide Setos becomes furious about the Tenno's victory and vows to continue making more Ambulas proxies until the Tenno are destroyed. While Arn Etina thanks the Tenno for helping him put a halt on the project and rewards the Tenno with Ambulas Spectre Blueprint.

qpyzrbcl.jpg

---"Ambulas Carnotaurus"---

This boss fight is at a large open mining area, and is introduced by flying into the pit from above with fire trailing behind it. 

Ambulas has a variety of attacks. It’s standard attack is striding around the pit firing it’s dual Tetras. From long range it will launch large fire payloads that cluster on impact, or will attempt to charge at the Tenno like a bull (or carnotaurus). In short range Ambulas will either stomp creating a large fire blast to throw the Tenno away or lunge its head to knock down Tenno. From behind Ambulas will swing its tail while fire emits from it. When Ambulas takes massive damage it will call for it’s prototypes to assist in the fight.

The pit has many tools scattered around that can help take down Ambulas, including mining lasers (functioning like Ramparts), destructible pylons which can fall on top of Ambulas dealing an electric blast, and cranes than can drop explosive barrels into the pit as traps for Ambulas to walk onto.

0fYBuSVl.jpg

---Ide Setos---

Ide Setos is a Corpus Investor, who usually funds projects that are having trouble getting off the ground. Though in many cases when the projects are unable to keep up with profits she then claims ownership of them and discards the previous owners. In Phoenix Proxy she claims Arn Etina's "Ambulas" project and uses all of the data to her own gains. Ide Setos also remotely controls the Ambulas Carnotaurus and taunts both Arn and the Tenno about how much of a genius she is, despite all of the work was made by Arn Etina.

---Arn Etina---

Arn Etina was a Corpus Engineer. He had engineered many prototypes of proxies that would help against the Grineer, however his "Ambulas" project would then be taken by Ide Setos and become captured by Corpus who were hired by her. In Phoenix Proxy he would send a distress call to Darvo who would then tell the Tenno about the message.

Don't be afraid to give some feedback on this and give any ideas that can be added or changed~

─Zani
Edited by That1Cactus

This looks like a great idea for Pluto. I would really like to see this in game.

I really like the concept art for your Ambulas Carnotaurus, it reminds me of that really scary Carnotaur from "Dinosaur" that was spying on the main characters in the caves. :D (Was that your inspiration?) Also, the idea for how the battle should be approached and the use of objects around the boss room really makes it dynamic, I really like those ideas.

Very good idea, a great concept and super awesome visualizations going on in this brain over here. You have my thumbs up. :D

(Also, one last thing, I really like your pencil sketches, your art-style is very close to mine. I like to draw bold and proud, just sucks when I screw up... it leaves a mark, so to speak. That I can't erase... xD)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

• 1 month later...