Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo Bazaar Serves No Purpose

SonicSonedit

Since "Enable trade mode" is useless, Maroo Bazaar is no different from any normal relay.

Why is it useless? Well what's the point in standing in ready-to-trade mode if you still have to manually put items you want to sell in trade, more then this - you still have to use chat to tell people what you want to sell/buy.

What's the point in "Trade mode" if people around you don't know what you are selling/buying? It's better to just use Trade Channel.

This is how "Trade mode" should work:

After you click "Enable trade mode" a trade-like interface pops up. You select which items you want to sell and price for each one. You can also enable "Bulk sale" - in this case all the items you sell can only be bought all together for a fixed price (for selling sets). You can also select a lable that will be displayed above your head, for example "Keys, Cores".

When person interacts with you, instead of standart trade routine he will see a window where he can buy the items you put up for sale. You will have a notification message if someone bought something you put up for sale.

This is how it works since 2000s. Current "Trade mode" serves no purpose whatsever, and so Maroo Bazaar does.

Edited by SonicSonedit

useless?

lemme correct one thing ther.

it is very usefull for people that are new into the game, for tenno's without clan. or people that just want to go solo without clan stuff goin on. they have atleast the Maroo Bazaar

Edited by --MZez--

Eventually people WILL be standing about selling stuff all day instead of playing the game. Which is what some people want.

Not saying they are wrong, because that is just my opinion. But as it is, its not in it's finished state yet. Kind of cool, kind of not. Trade chat is just as insane there as it is anywhere else.

Kind of cool that Maroo is running it. Wonder how she will handle scammers?

As was said in the post above, it allows new players and people without clans to trade which can be a good thing or a bad one, depending. We will see how this plays out. (Pun intended)

Edited by Kalenath

useless?

lemme correct one thing ther.

it is very usefull for people that are new into the game, for tenno's without clan. or people that just want to go solo without clan stuff goin on. they have atleast the Maroo Bazaar

Did you ever seen a person saying "invite me to dojo so I can trade with someone"? Me neither. Because people who are new don't know/care about trade, and if they trade with someone, it's usually a person who has a dojo with kiosk.

New players don't trade with other new players, and everyone other have a dojo with kiosk.

But yeah Maroo is kinda cool.

Did you ever seen a person saying "invite me to dojo so I can trade with someone"? Me neither.

after my 3000hours of warframe and checking relay/region everytime yes i've seen that alot. People connections are bad sometimes not everyone has stable connection. Thats why they ask for a host. Edited by --MZez--

why use or build the bazaar when a new type of trading post in any relay or the trading post in any relay + the option scripted for those whom aren't in a clan/dojo could use just the same? it serves no purpose and is just another wasted time and resource function added to the game.

This is needed. As it stands, there's no reason to do this over the old trading method. Players need to be able to act as a vendor if that relay is to see any use. Seriously, I just went there and only saw four people. Seems like it's already unpopular.

I hope this is just an incomplete feature...

Eventually people WILL be standing about selling stuff all day instead of playing the game. Which is what some people want.

You seem to assuming that those same people don't already sit around in the trade chat all day instead of playing the game.

Edited by BaroqueWolf

How is this useless?

People with Strict NAT can't always join the one they're trying to trade with. Instead , they can tell the other person to go to the relay so they can trade there. The relay isn't hosted by a single individual like the dojo is.

If i'm wrong , please correct me.

I've written in other threads about how bad this is (worst garbage ever inserted into the game). I just went to check it out on the off chance that I was somehow mistaken and all of the flaws somehow magically combine to make a non-terrible experience.

Nope. It was pure garbage, plus a ton of lag I hadn't initially considered.

Way to drop the ball, DE. Please give us non-sucky trading in a future update. Feel free to roll Maroo's Bazaar into a ball and throw it in the trash immediately, though.

I know you intentionally designed this to be terrible because you think efficient trading will ruin the game. Well, congrats. You really outdid yourselves. 

Edited by Sevlessa

You seem to assuming that those same people don't already sit around in the trade chat all day instead of playing the game.

I am not assuming a thing. I know some people want to be shopkeepers instead of warrior gods.

What I am saying is that is WILL get worse.

Edited by Kalenath

Since "Enable trade mode" is useless, Maroo Bazaar is no different from any normal relay.

Why is it useless? Well what's the point in standing in ready-to-trade mode if you still have to manually put items you want to sell in trade, more then this - you still have to use chat to tell people what you want to sell/buy.

What's the point in "Trade mode" if people around you don't know what you are selling/buying? It's better to just use Trade Channel.

After you click "Enable trade mode" a trade-like interface pops up. You select which items you want to sell and price for each one. You can also enable "Bulk sale" - in this case all the items you sell can only be bought all together for a fixed price (for selling sets). You can also select a lable that will be displayed above your head, for example "Keys, Cores".

When person interacts with you, instead of standart trade routine he will see a window where he can buy the items you put up for sale. You will have a notification message if someone bought something you put up for sale.

This is how it works since 2000s. Current "Trade mode" serves no purpose whatsever, and so Maroo Bazaar does.

It isn't quite useless. It's just not as useful as it could be.

First, it fixes the issue of you setting up a trade, then that person being unable to connect to your dojo. It happens, and it sucks when it does. Now you can just go to the Bazaar (hosted by DE) and trade there.

Second, you can now chill ready to trade in the Bazaar while you use trade chat, ready to invite or possibly set up trades quicker with anyone. Contrast that to sitting in your Liset, then loading into your dojo, then inviting them.

That being said there are still three essential improvements that need to be made:

1) Anyone that you invite, or that is in your squad, automatically enters the same instance of the Bazaar that you are in. Currently some of the functions I've mentioned above fall flat when you invite someone and they end up in a different instance.

2) The ability to switch instances at will, by way of an elevator or something like it. Being able to potentially browse through what everyone is selling when they add the ability to offer in trade mode.

3) The ability to see your mod collection. Currently you can click on the menu item but it does nothing. Being able to check your inventory is essential if people want to use this as a place to idle while trading instead of their Liset.

Edited by Ashnal

At least if we had an auction house there would be a trading method that doesn't require you to stand around not actually playing the game to do your trading. I like to play this game -  I want to spend as little time as possible in my ship, and as much time as possible in-mission.

In other games I can put my goods on the market, go and do my quests or whatever, and the wheels will turn as I play. Best of all, I don't have to deal with a chat that moves a million miles an hour, I don't get 12 PMs and have to tell 11 of them that I already made a deal, and I don't have to roll the dice on being able to connect to the person I'm trading with at all.

It works.

Instead of having whole maroo bazaar de could just simply implement another option.

You right click on nick and you click trade.

Way simpler than this. Solves problem with new players. Solves problems with clanless. Solves problem with strict nat.]

This addition is indeed pointless and poorly thought.

Edited by Davoodoo

Honestly, I found this to be incredibly disappointing.

Rather than merely turn ourselves in to the same trading posts we have in clans, I kinda figured we'd turn ourselves in to actual stores. Where we can set up a limited number of items to sell, set their prices, and let people browse and buy if they like what they see.

I toatally agree with this post.Not only is the bazaar more or less useless,it prevents you from deploying extractors in Earth :< And yes,it isn't completely useless,but some changes,related to how you trade could be made....like much more easier interfaces to put up the things you want to sell/buy(what Sonic said)....it would be much easier to trade then...oh,and did anyone notice that Maroo's lips don't seem to move when she talks? 0_0

Edited by Avionspirited

It would have been nice if DE had just set up some options to place items on the market and be able to browse said market by going through our marketplace menu. The store could have been added to the marketplace as a section right between bundles and prime access. It'd also give players a bit more incentive to buy plat seeing as how they're right in the marketplace .

I understand wanting to help out the clanless players and giving them a area to trade, but why not just invest time into a better system?

Edited by ACRavenXA26483

It's useless now. But at least there's a trading relay that can become a base for normal trading system instead of godawful trade chat. Maybe they will add auction house and stuff like that. I'd prefer it to go to already existing relays, but I'm not a developer to choose.