Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler For Second Dream] Weapon Idea.

DangerDaddy

First Came War, But Reason, Peace, And Others Followed...

added a few new weapons

War is a powerful weapon, first of it's kind in the field, but that doesn't mean that others cannot follow. Weapons created in a similar fashion and used against the Tenno's enemies would be incredible tools.

If we cannot ask our enemies to see reason, we must for force them to.

Reason is a slim semi automatic shotgun that fires several energy bolts into the enemy. Reason comes equipped with a magazine and fire rate similar to the Latron, this shotgun has a larger than average range for a shotgun, with a tight spread but is punished for this with a larger recoil and reload speed. When you hold your weapon proudly, the envoys will be sure to see Reason.

When they brought war to our doors, be brought Peace to their corpses.

Peace is a Massive shield with elegant designs along the top, and cruel spikes serrating the bottom and sides. Peace is a great weapon for playing defensively, but does not hold back in the offensive side either. With damage split evenly between Impact-attacking with the hard shield, and Penetration-attacking with the sharp base of the shield Peace has become inevitable .

One cannot easily handle the Truth.

Truth is a penetration based sniper that has several different levels of scoping, from 2x, to 6x and finishing at 10x. This Penetration based energy sniper rifle has a charge mechanic similar to the stug that stacks multiple rounds into a single shot, adding the damage punch-through of each shot into a single deception piercing beam. You may not seek out the Truth, but the Truth will always find you.

As a staple, Revenge is best served cold.

Revenge is a pair of long, dark red, evil looking daggers. The fury through which these blades fly belie the cold core these weapons contain. With cold and penetration damage as the modes of damage, Revenge will have no issue finding their targets throat.

Like a falcon in flight, Retribution will be swift.

I'm aware of the anti-melee Retribution mod, the name is up for replacement if something fitting comes along

Retribution is a devastating bow where the powerful energy "string" that throws the bolts of energy that this bow uses as arrows at a very high speed, trading reload speed for extremely high flight speed. This electricity and penetration based weapon leaves no room for question: wrong me and receive retribution.

Redid the introduction as it seems to be a consensus that War is not Orokin or Sentient in nature as Orokin weapons are Primes, and items like the Braton, whereas the Sentients do not themselves use weapons.

Just a note, I may add more weapons, and I would like to create concept pictures for each weapon (although I'm not the most skilled with 3d models)

I'm working with the free Sculptris Alpha 6, which means I cannot create holes within the item I'm working with, so these models really will be low quality in shape and colour.

Edited by MagiTwister

Reason is a railgun in a rotary cannon configuration which fires depleted uranium flechettes. It is mounted to a large, wheeled ammunition box and is equipped with a harness for user comfort, a nuclear battery pack, and a water-cooled heat exchanger. The weapon, created by Ng, was still in beta testing, and suffers a software crash during a battle. Hiro is later able to apply a firmware update, and uses it until its ammunition supply is depleted. It bears, in inscription on its nameplate, the Latin phrase Ultima Ratio Regum, "the last argument of kings".

if you haven't read snow crash... you should.

Edited by xethier

There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for sentient weapons to exist. Sentient drones are THEMSELVES the weapons. Why would they make detachable armaments?

War is a sword made out of sentient bone not technically a sentient weapon . 

Fair, well then how about Orokin weapons instead? It's because the Sentient Hunhow used the weapon War as a lens to hold his being that I considered War, and therefor this string of weapons to be Sentient in nature

I realize that War was made from Orokin bones, but it was from fighting the Sentients (and the Stalker directly, acting in their steed) that we received the weapon

Another reason I considered them Sentient weapons was because the "Prime" weapons are considered Orokin in nature, and their golden sleek brilliance is a far stretch from War, which has a similar architecture to the Battlalysts and conculysts.

Edited by MagiTwister

Fair, well then how about Orokin weapons instead? It's because the Sentient Hunhow used the weapon War as a lens to hold his being that I considered War, and therefor this string of weapons to be Sentient in nature

I realize that War was made from Orokin bones, but it was from fighting the Sentients (and the Stalker directly, acting in their steed) that we received the weapon

Orokin weapons: Braton Prime, Skana Prime, Hikou Prime, Bo Prime, Lato Prime, Latron Prime, Glaive Prime...

Orokin weapons: Braton Prime, Skana Prime, Hikou Prime, Bo Prime, Lato Prime, Latron Prime, Glaive Prime...

I'm aware of this, which is why i originally didn't consider it a Orokin weapon, especially since the design is completely alien to one another.

War is a sword made out of sentient bone not technically a sentient weapon . 

It's still undoubtedly a weapon. even if it's made out of Orokin* bones

War was made from a portion of a fallen sentient and Hunhow used it as a lens for his consciousness to control the Stalker, not Orokin bones. To top that off lets be realistic that the Orokin would never allow a weapon to be sentient in nature, the reason we wield War in both Broken and whole forms is because the Tenno use the weapons that work, we do not discriminate when it comes to what we use to kill, be it sentient, infested, corpus, grineer, tenno, or even orokin, if it does the job, we will use it.

If you've fought the sentient drones, you'll probably notice that they don't wield weapons. There's nothing for us Tenno to pick up and use. Also, the Void destroys the Sentients and their drones. Even if we had a sentient weapon, it probably wouldn't work in the void.

Edited by Rehtael7

I'm aware of this, which is why i originally didn't consider it a Orokin weapon, especially since the design is completely alien to one another.

It's still undoubtedly a weapon. even if it's made out of Orokin* bones

War is not made of Orokins' bones. It made from Sentients' bones. That's why it can house Hunhow's mind.

Orokin is just an advanced human race. I kinda wanted to see a human with bones as big as War, though...

Note that it could be A: Metaphorical, B: Means that sentients (as I said) were NOT using weapons. They were using their own bodies.

Or C: That the tenno took remnants from fallen Sentients in the old war and fashioned weapons from their bodies. You're right, they don't drop a weapon to use. But who ever said they have to? What's stopping the tenno, who obviously have an innate ability for weapon manufacturing, could use a Sentient's remains for a weapon. A being that, at its core, is literally a living weapon.

Or C: That the tenno took remnants from fallen Sentients in the old war and fashioned weapons from their bodies. You're right, they don't drop a weapon to use. But who ever said they have to? What's stopping the tenno, who obviously have an innate ability for weapon manufacturing, could use a Sentient's remains for a weapon. A being that, at its core, is literally a living weapon.

Also, the Void destroys the Sentients and their drones. Even if we had a sentient weapon, it probably wouldn't work in the void.

Reason is a railgun in a rotary cannon configuration which fires depleted uranium flechettes. It is mounted to a large, wheeled ammunition box and is equipped with a harness for user comfort, a nuclear battery pack, and a water-cooled heat exchanger. The weapon, created by Ng, was still in beta testing, and suffers a software crash during a battle. Hiro is later able to apply a firmware update, and uses it until its ammunition supply is depleted. It bears, in inscription on its nameplate, the Latin phrase Ultima Ratio Regum, "the last argument of kings".

if you haven't read snow crash... you should.

And then read The Diamond Age.

The first issue I have here is the obvious precedent of Sentients using themselves as weapons, and so far your created weapons are not used by them.

Second, as stated previously, void energy seems to be the Achilles heel of the Sentients, so wielding their energy weapon would be hard to explain away.

Thirdly, I like the ideas for the weapons out of context of them being Sentient in origin. One critique with that in mind, a spiked shield would do impact/puncture damage, not slash.

I'd like to see the concept art.

There is currently one single contradiction with the idea that a Sentient weapon wouldn't work in the void. And that's the fact that Shadow Stalker clearly brings War to the Moon while it is still in the void and can use it to its full effect. Also, Shadow Stalker invades Tower missions, with War in hand.

//Also, MagiTwister, you should probably put

in the name for this thread.

There is currently one single contradiction with the idea that a Sentient weapon wouldn't work in the void. And that's the fact that Shadow Stalker clearly brings War to the Moon while it is still in the void and can use it to its full effect. Also, Shadow Stalker invades Tower missions, with War in hand.

It's possible that the War is simply an innate object that was ONCE a part of a Sentient. Unlike the drones which in their entirety are living fragments of Hunhow. And someone will have to check here, but to my knowledge, Hunhow can't speak through War until the moon is fully out of the Void.

Edited by Rehtael7

It's possible that the War is simply an innate object that was ONCE a part of a Sentient. Unlike the drones which in their entirety are living fragments of Hunhow. And someone will have to check here, but to my knowledge, Hunhow can't speak through War until the moon is fully out of the Void.

You can hear Hunhow speaking when watching at the Moon from the tower you enter to reach it.

Stalker seems to be able to use its new powers without problem no matter where you find him, and his powers are clearly of Sentient origin.

Is everyone sure that sentients don't carry any weapon? Their arms are swords and cannons, Sentient are weaponiced creatures, weapons could be adapted from them with ease by Tenno hands, even more with Lotus telling us how they work

Onto the topic now

I Like these weapons, maybe instead of a shotgun, I would think of it better as a handcannon or a laser bow. And the names, you could have a 4 horsemen reference there and instead use another 3 names with a faction that presented us War in a weapon. Sentients see no reason, they don't want any peace, they already discovered the truth, what they bring us is dread, despair, hate and war, they would bring us conquest, pestilence, famine and death if we allow them to.

Edited by Xolot

I renamed the thread, I totally didn't think of that. Good point.

And then read The Diamond Age.

The first issue I have here is the obvious precedent of Sentients using themselves as weapons, and so far your created weapons are not used by them.

Second, as stated previously, void energy seems to be the Achilles heel of the Sentients, so wielding their energy weapon would be hard to explain away.

Thirdly, I like the ideas for the weapons out of context of them being Sentient in origin. One critique with that in mind, a spiked shield would do impact/puncture damage, not slash.

I'd like to see the concept art.

Noted for the shield, I was thinking more of slashing action than punching, but when you have the shield attached to the arm, a punch-stab is probably far more effective than a karate-chopping-slash attack.

You can hear Hunhow speaking when watching at the Moon from the tower you enter to reach it.

Stalker seems to be able to use its new powers without problem no matter where you find him, and his powers are clearly of Sentient origin.

Is everyone sure that sentients don't carry any weapon? Their arms are swords and cannons, Sentient are weaponiced creatures, weapons could be adapted from them with ease by Tenno hands, even more with Lotus telling us how they work

Onto the topic now

I Like these weapons, maybe instead of a shotgun, I would think of it better as a handcannon or a laser bow. And the names, you could have a 4 horsemen reference there and instead use another 3 names with a faction that presented us War in a weapon. Sentients see no reason, they don't want any peace, they already discovered the truth, what they bring us is dread, despair, hate and war, they would bring us conquest, pestilence, famine and death if we allow them to.

I called the weapon Peace as it's a massive shield: a literal counter to War  in every aspect.

I also wanted to call the weapons Peace, and Reason because I feel like the idea of naming the weapons after powerful aspects. But I can understand your idea of keeping the names in the more savage side of the aspects, but there is plenty more opportunities for names, so a handcannon names Famine isn't outside of the lines of what I was hoping for.

more dual Daggers plss

There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for sentient weapons to exist. Sentient drones are THEMSELVES the weapons. Why would they make detachable armaments?

maybe theyre weapons Tenno created out of Sentient material, War is the first weapon to have a semi on/off mode with it depowering when not used

more dual Daggers plss

maybe theyre weapons Tenno created out of Sentient material, War is the first weapon to have a semi on/off mode with it depowering when not used

I've already reworded it so that I'm not really mentioning the Sentients or Orokin any more, just the idea that the weapon series will follow after the architecture and design of the sword Broken War and the heavy sword War