Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WOW x2

(PSN)jockhotty

On PS4, doubling mining rewards made mining so much more FUN and closer to fishing fun, that it should be that way all the time. It had been bothering that no matter the mining tweeks they made since launch, mining just could not keep up with fishing fun, and the cost benefit for the time to mine now even feels right. It also doesnt seem to be too overpowering to throw balancing off with other resources? ANy thoughts on this?

You sound like you been in the sun to long.....

Nyth/Sentirum need to be alot more frequent and drop in alot higher quantities.

Some noob was trying to figure out how to buy a pet rat/bird from cetus today and I had to go there and look at what it took so I could be very specific and a pet rat costs a bunch of refined minerals lmao.   Thats insane....  

But my biggest complaint with mining is that there is a Blueprint to convert small sentient cores into medium sentient cores... but it takes freaking sentirum or heart nyth.   That is so stupid its not even funny.   You get bazillions of small sentient cores with any kind of effort @ PoE but you get those minerals very rarely lol and it takes 3 just to refine them....  What a joke.   That blueprint should take a VERY SMALL amount of the refined minerals you get when you FAIL to get nyth/sentirum from blue veins...  whatever is common...make it that...   

Then people would be out there mininig their butt off to convert sentient cores and as a by product they would run across alot more nyth/sentirum.   

GASP or maybe they could add other recipes so we could take crappy small sentient cores and convert them all the way up to full on eidolon shards that we could turn in for focus.  Going from X to Eidolon shard would be worthy of taking nyth/sentirum but only 1.  Or how about instead using cetus wisps.  Anyone can get 4-6 of those a night. 

-------------

On one ofthe devstreams I think the one right after tennocon they acknowledged how bad the grind was in PoE and that they did it on purpose just see what it would mean for the game one way or another.(but they never went back and changed anything).  But with Fortuna having loose tie-ins with Cetus they were talking about how they were THINKING about doing stuff.   Atleast we get infinite archwing.   

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

GASP or maybe they could add other recipes so we could take crappy small sentient cores and convert them all the way up to full on eidolon shards that we could turn in for focus.  Going from X to Eidolon shard would be worthy of taking nyth/sentirum but only or freaking wisps.  Anyone can get 4-6 of those a night. 

or turn extra sentient cores into nyth/sentirum
now THATS a blueprint i want

Have only been a wanderer on the Plains for a relatively short while, though, in that time, I have harvested a fair quantity of various minerals / gems - of all sorts. Whenever chasing wisps, or have gone fishin' - that 'ringing' noise is never too far away; which, I might add, I find very annoying, as it is like tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and I hear it even when it's not there, and, even, when I'm not even playing WF (sometimes). 

The three* things I would like to see, which are* related to the a/m are:

1. Remove that 'ringing' tone (noise) - as it is not always accurate, which only adds to the frustration.

2. The triangular directional pointer could be improved greatly with a more familiar / traditional pointer, i.e., with an elongated tail and a more precise 'forward direction' tip, and, the tip of the spear being a different colour, e.g., electric green or similar; and if the current pointer can't/won't be changed, then a simple colour change will make it all the more efficient to use.

This will save many a 'spinning around' just to orientate oneself when mining and following those noise cues; and, whilst airborne, too. 

3. Eidolon Shards - as a mostly solo operator, to have to find teams to take down an eidolon to obtain shards to get a better operator zapper is faintly ridiculous, imho; they should be harvestable via exchanging fish/gems or be a tradable item - for those that farm eidolons. I have 'captured' an eidolon single-handed and obtained the fancy core item which never got used but sits in my inventory as it requires too-hard-to-waste precious gems to convert 2x regular cores, and that is simply not efficient from an economical- and/or common-sense perspective. And, as an eidolon hunter noob, which team has the patience/time to recruit such, even if I wanted to? Sure, there are some, but, not many...and not many in the time zone that I inhabit. Now, I am stuck at the Quill 'Observer' level, and can't advance and guild my zappers to better take-down eidolons, until I get the eidolon shards by  taking down eidolons; nor can I upgrade my arcane(s) - even though I don't plan on getting any more because they are just not cost-effective or useful; whatever, none of this makes any sense from a gamer's perspective. Also, am at 132,000 Ostron Standing - and what does that do for me? Nothing...that I am aware of. A serious reappraisal is called for, methinks.

Three* definite QoL improvements / suggestions that I would strongly advocate.

That's my 3* cents. YMMV

Cheers!

Edited by (PS4)PandaPapa146
* correction; and to add a third suggestion!

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

You sound like you been in the sun to long.....

Nyth/Sentirum need to be alot more frequent and drop in alot higher quantities.

Some noob was trying to figure out how to buy a pet rat/bird from cetus today and I had to go there and look at what it took so I could be very specific and a pet rat costs a bunch of refined minerals lmao.   Thats insane....  

But my biggest complaint with mining is that there is a Blueprint to convert small sentient cores into medium sentient cores... but it takes freaking sentirum or heart nyth.   That is so stupid its not even funny.   You get bazillions of small sentient cores with any kind of effort @ PoE but you get those minerals very rarely lol and it takes 3 just to refine them....  What a joke.   That blueprint should take a VERY SMALL amount of the refined minerals you get when you FAIL to get nyth/sentirum from blue veins...  whatever is common...make it that...   

Then people would be out there mininig their butt off to convert sentient cores and as a by product they would run across alot more nyth/sentirum.   

GASP or maybe they could add other recipes so we could take crappy small sentient cores and convert them all the way up to full on eidolon shards that we could turn in for focus.  Going from X to Eidolon shard would be worthy of taking nyth/sentirum but only 1.  Or how about instead using cetus wisps.  Anyone can get 4-6 of those a night. 

-------------

On one ofthe devstreams I think the one right after tennocon they acknowledged how bad the grind was in PoE and that they did it on purpose just see what it would mean for the game one way or another.(but they never went back and changed anything).  But with Fortuna having loose tie-ins with Cetus they were talking about how they were THINKING about doing stuff.   Atleast we get infinite archwing.   

I think that blueprint was only added in for a costly but possible method for players who couldn't team as readily to still rank up Quill, which is impossible for most otherwise.