The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Forma nonesense

MageSkeleton

With the number of weapons, warframes, and sentinals/companions increasing with the continual evolution of WARFRAME especially with now the certain frames with "Exalted weapons" can now build the Warframe weapon to a specific build when that power is activated (which is a very welcomed change) we need to address one of the main problems of the game.

Forma's are a main component to help fit more and higher end mods on EVERYTHING. And i did not see anyone else addressing this particular topic of discussion and hopefully i'm not stepping on anyone's toes by pointing out that BUILDING A FORMA requires you to wait TWENTY FOUR HOURS. This is assuming you have all the materials and honestly, with that kind of building time it really feels like DE is literally telling you to just buy the forma with Platinum. I get it though, this is a free to play where they get money only when someone buys platinum currency regardless of what they spend it on. But again, with how many things are on this game, is that 24 hour period waiting for a forma to be built really necessary anymore?

Let's look at a few ways you can get forma (fully built and ready to use on something) without having to purchase any with platinum:

Orokin Rare Containers: Derelict, Void, and Lua.

Lua "simon says" memory puzzle room where you also need to do the puzzle to get Octavia's Chassis BP.

special events such as "Plague Star" which happens what? once or twice a year? if that? perhaps at DE's discretion?

Reward from completing sorties (once a day) FORMA - 2.50%

End of my knowledge of locations.

The build time for a FORMA should be TEN hours at a time. People will still want to purchase FORMA if they are so impatient but this change would make the game more "engaging" and feel more rewarding than having to slog through missions with sub optimal builds or otherwise waiting for the FORMA so you can make a new weapon your wanting to enjoy optimal so you would feel it's better than your Grakata you thought putting 7 FORMA's into would be. At the current state of the game, the only thing really slowing players down from really having everything available "building" or ready to claim from foundry is smart limitation of MR requirements, which even then you can raise your MR faster than you can get FORMA's without platinum usage.

FORMA is the most important part of WARFRAME and waiting 24 hours to claim a FORMA even with everything you can do in this game makes it feel like a chore to play. At least washing dishes means i have clean dishware to eat food with.

Edited by MageSkeleton

Build them whenever you get them and stockpile them till theyre needed, been doing it for a long time and im sure others have too. Use plat if you need it sped up, wait till its done if you dont want to spend plat.

Edited by Hooride

as someone who plays the game over 3 year i never really had problems with forma, always did a few relic run for a few blueprint, then crafted them, when i really needed some just bought them, theyre cheap, like really cheap, just by doing a few relic run you should be able to get enough plat to buy a 3 forma bundle, also, you can rarely get a forma from sorties aswell (2.5% chance i think, not sure) and i think if you not planning to put around 6 forma in everything you have, then you should be fine, but obviously if you do plan putting 6 forma (or more) in every single weapon/frame you get/have, then yeah, the amount of forma you will need going to get increased significantly, and then when you reach the point where you have everything like a lot of us do, and you just dont need forma for anything apart from rarely putting 1-2 forma into the new weapons/frames they add, you just going to pile them up untill youre sitting on 30+ and you have no idea what to do with them, same goes for the exilus adapter, you only need it untill you get all the frames the nyou pile them up, sitting on enough exilus for the next 3 year

1 hour ago, MageSkeleton said:

I get it though, this is a free to play where they get money only when someone buys platinum currency regardless of what they spend it on.

I feel like people who use this line don't actually get that this game is entirely free, though.

I get that this game requires literally nothing to download or play, but why does this thing exist that makes people feel the need to pay money for it?

i did forget about the Sortie's having that chance for the FORMA reward, added that in the list. And this whole debate is about that "needed" patience.

23 hours ago, Phatose said:

In a thousand hours, the build time will be forgotten.  Patience.

Once you have been playing this game for a long period of time, yes, it's rewarding and you have the means to enjoy what you have to either wait for the forma or to just not bother until you feel you need more. And the problem is not really a matter of patience, but is the long build time necessary?

22 hours ago, vid23 said:

as someone who plays the game over 3 year i never really had problems with forma, always did a few relic run for a few blueprint, then crafted them, when i really needed some just bought them, theyre cheap, like really cheap, just by doing a few relic run you should be able to get enough plat to buy a 3 forma bundle

It's more the principle of the matter that to get FORMA from the market you need platinum which requires spending that time or just buying, or waiting for 24 hour time periods... if you even get back to claim then build another forma bp. As i said already, with everything available to play with and do in this game is the 24 hour time crutch really necessary? And especially with your point you made it feels like putting money into Warframe is the only way to even enjoy it.

A friend of mine likes calling WARFRAME a "Freemium" game, though he's also the type of person who feels he should be able to "purchase" the game and be able to enjoy everything of the game within hours, which really gave me the curiosity to find out what others have to say on just the topic of the long forma build time.

Seems most people who stay playing this game are really patient people, or crazy. Literally one extreme to the next. Luckily it seems mostly patient people.

Edited by MageSkeleton

2 minutes ago, MageSkeleton said:

i did forget about the Sortie's having that chance for the FORMA reward, added that in the list. And this whole debate is about that "needed" patience.

Once you have been playing this game for a long period of time, yes, it's rewarding and you have the means to enjoy what you have to either wait for the forma or to just not bother until you feel you need more. And the problem is not really a matter of patience, but is the long build time necessary?

It's more the principle of the matter that to get FORMA from the market you need platinum which requires spending that time or just buying, or waiting for 24 hour time periods... if you even get back to claim then build another forma bp. As i said already, with everything available to play with and do in this game is the 24 hour time crutch really necessary? And especially with your point you made it feels like putting money into Warframe is the only way to even enjoy it.

A friend of mine likes called WARFRAME a "Freemium" game, though he's also the type of person who feels he should be able to "purchase" the game and be able to enjoy everything of the game within hours, which really gave me the curiosity to find out what others have to say on just the topic of the long forma build time.

Seems most people who stay playing this game are really patient people, or crazy. Literally one extreme to the next. Luckily it seems mostly patient people.

First off, the game is far more rewarding as a new player, as you get new stuff far more frequently. New mods, new weapons, new warframes.

Now to the point of the thread, the formas. Warframe is a free to play game, which means there's mechanics in place to have you spend money now and again. One of those mechanics is the crafting on formas, it takes a long time to build one, so if you get a frame or weapon you really like, you'll be tempted to spend a little money getting it formad and leveled a little faster. It's not an unreasonable mechanic either, as you can be patient and skip it or stockpile formas. Formas are even cheaper to rush now than they used to be.