Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intergration Of The Dojo And Map [Now With Dedicated Servers]

theGreatZamboni

I have a few ideas (it's all text right now sorry, but read through anyway) in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105218-mapinventoryfoundryarsenal-should-be-available-in-dojo/

I like the idea of making the map (and the arsenal and foundry/inventory) available in the dojo. Makes the dojo more functional to combine things like that. It also provides a lot more context as to where the tenno are and why they're kneeling around a holo-map. For players without a clan it could be in a small ship (about the size as that little round grineer room with the glowing green generator thing that sits just off a corridor. usually just has some containers and lockers inside) with some windows, what looks like a pilot seat and controls, the map in the middle, warframe chamber, weapon bay, foundry and training room all in or adjacent to this little control room. in dojos this would all be scaled much bigger/be in separate rooms.

That is basically exactly what I suggested...what is the point of making another post. I am not saying I am the only one to think of this; but why derail the effort for your own personal recognition?

Edited by theGreatZamboni

Here, take my bump. But please, please show me a relation between your idea and idea of retractable hook device? 

(for bump sake!)

Ok so the holo-wrist device would be visible on Tenno, so while it is there, might as well give it more function. The current zip-line animation is akward and allowing the wrist device to have a retractable hook could alleviate the awkwardness. An idea that is not pressing, just for bump's sake.

zgek.jpg

I really like this idea; it would tie the metagame of building your clan's dojo back to the actual game in a nice way.

Pretty much every reason I like the idea has already been laid out in the OP, so I guess I'm just bumping the thread at this point.

(bump!)

• 4 weeks later...

Great idea, but must be doable. I've thought about the map room also. Wishing it could be accessed through the dojo instead of leaving the dojo just to access it...not only the solar map but maybe the arsenal, some sort of auction house/market deal and foundry. I hope they look through this idea of yours and pick something out

• 2 weeks later...

If you've ever played the old space combat game "StarLancer" you'll understand the concept behind using the dojo as your headquarters, in SL all you do before after and in between missions takes place on your carrier ship, it's a bit heavy handed in places where it'll run really long videos of you navigating the ship (skippable luckily) but it sets up the atmosphere of you actually being on a ship, if the star view in WF had a subtle edge around it showing that you're actually sitting in a room in the dojo, or an animation showing the map appear in the room and fill your field of view that'd make the dojo feel more like home, than a place you visit when you need to use the labs every so often when DE adds something to them.

I had this idea for a while and looks like it has been sitting here and even has been noted by rebecca. I still want to add up with my own ideas and maybe offer alternatives possibly with sketches to visualize that, just because I should practice more and I have tools for that. Are you okay with that?

Edited by Aure7

• 2 weeks later...

I see only one problem in all of this, a problem that will, offcurse, not take away my +1 for you.

This is all a logistical NIGHTMARE... Basically this is not a simple task, this is a pretty heavy overhaul of the current interface. It needs to be done, but i'm still expecting an update that will be more about this and less about stupid warframes and void keys. And this will be only like Update 20 or something. Hell, starting up inside a warframe actually playing the game engine instead of inside a boring map screen might only come with Update 16 in 2015...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the latest explicit mention of "making the Dojo's more functional" involves the future of trading as a Dojo-specific feature and moving mastery tests as practice rooms. This particular idea would be very fun and immersive and has been noted. Thanks!

I would like to point out now that trading has been implemented, it has not fixed the issue. Due to host migrations and the nature of the new chat system; staying in the dojo just to trade becomes difficult. Because the dojo is considered an instance, and since the new chat box behaves poorly in instances and different than it does in the main menu; staying in the dojo to trade or monitor the trade chat for the sake of convenience has become just the opposite. Because the only reason people come to the dojo is to get blueprints or trade, players come and go frequently. Meaning host migration has become a rampant issue. It causes trades to end abruptly. Since the dojo is hosted P2P, the new beautifully done research rooms are rendered incorrectly. I know Scott is aware of this, but all these issues could be avoided with dedicated servers for dojos.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

Stalker on the stealth test? Oh the humanity.

I agree that the dojo needs to be more than just a dedicated research factory. As it stands my clan, which consists of myself and three friends, is never used outside of queuing research and copying blueprints to the foundry. Almost every MMO on the planet has a dedicated area for crafting, another for skill training, another for mount breeding, etc. If the dojo had a physical foundry that you had to access to craft items it would increase immersion immensely. For new players who aren't yet in a dojo the Orokin Towers referenced on Mercury could be their "starter dojo". It would only contain basic amenities (foundry, mastery test room, map room). Upon joining or creating a player clan they would gain access to the Labs, trading posts, etc.

In the words of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, "Make it so!"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...