Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - Glutton

Artorias_Siff

Personally, I saw Revenant, and the first thing I thought was, "Wow! He looks a lot like... Limbo... and Equinox. And every other frame." I feel like the Warframes are losing their personalities, like people are running out of ideas. So, the first idea that popped into my head was to change the body sizes. I like to think back to Smough from Dark Souls. He was proof that if anyone deserves to be a warrior, it is most likely the heavier people. Basically, Sumo wrestlers.

Introducing Glutton, the Devourer:

He might be sluggish, but Glutton is a nightmare, devouring all in his path. None can escape his gaping jaws.

Abilities:

1. Hunger

Glutton's appetite cannot be sated. His movement speed is increased in order to catch his prey.

2. Excess Fat

Glutton's skin becomes plump and fat, increasing his resistances and armor.

3. Inhale

Glutton's jaws open wide, sucking his prey into his stomach, dealing damage over time as he digests them. Survivors will be regurgitated within a short amount of time.

4. Regurgitate

If Glutton still has prey within his stomach before the timer runs out for Inhale, he can vomit them back up early, spreading his stomach acid on those around him. Corrosive puddles will remain in the area, dealing damage over time, with or without enemies being inhaled.

Passive:

Glutton feeds as he kills, gaining health with each enemy slain.

Let me know what you guys think of him. I kinda put this together in like 20 minutes, so I didn't bother with numbers or anything. But I really am tired of the normal, skinny frames. I miss frames like Chroma and Rhino, so Glutton, when polished, could very well be the next heavy-set frame.

Edited by Artorias_Siff

I have had a smilar idea in my head but less gluttonus more black hole with a side order of borderline unkillable with it being the slowest arframe fullstop.

1 showed be inhale

2 should be more creating moble snowglobe like Shield giveing it and its allies Shields pluse acting as a barror to incomeing armsfire

hunger and Regurgitate would have to be change to something else thought if you think my idea is any good.

Well when I saw “Glutton” it made me think of abilities like:

Being able to devour enemies to gain energy and health. 

Being able to suck all enemies in his path towards him including their bullets and can only be hurt by those outside his vision.

Being able to enlarge himself due to all the eating he’s been doing, and gains reduced damage plus power strength.

Don’t know why, but I’m visualizing him being able to bounce like a ball whenever he jumps high or falls. Similar to rhino except he bounces back up and if times right he could go much higher if you press the jump button at the moment of landing. 

After all, the grineer and all others are obviously glutton for punishment. Lol. 

The problem with this os DE doesnt want actual moving mouths.

Because of this id suggest some sort vaporizing then consuming the enemy. What im talking about is simular to what happens when we capture targets in warframe capture missions. The capture target turning into some sort of energy as it goes into your hand except this will not be done with your hand but through little whole in were a normal person's mouth would be.

As for his 4th ability id say that should just be apart of his third. 

Last problem i see with his 3rd tho is the same problem that happened with hydroid. Hydroid use to be able to turn into a pool and take enemies under water causing his teammates to be unable to damage the drowning enemies. If your able to eat an enemy but not immediately kill them this will cause the same issue to arise again with gluttons teammates being unable to attack dying enemies in gluttons stomach

Another fix to this i think would be instant kills. In a wide but shortish cone infront of him he can consume all enemies within that range, instantly killing them. Once done a timer starts which will grant him some sort of buff that will increase in power depending on how many enemies he ate (gluttony cannot trigger this ability again while the buff timer is active). The buff will reset once the timer goes out.

As for his passive id say change to: when glutton feeds he gains health regeneration per enemy ate for X amount of seconds and gains a some sort of stack for each enemy consumed

Now the 4th could instead cause him to puke up the waste of the enemies he consumed along with acid. The acid will remain on the ground for like 30 seconds, causing enemies who walk on to it to take damage that goes up depending on how many stacks glutton had. He loses all stacks when he expels the waste.

You probably can think of something better as i just thought of a different way his abilities could work that fit your design better but yea, theres my comments lol

3 hours ago, (PS4)SLAYERFAMLY said:

I like this idea but would DE ever allow a fat Warframes or even one with a large gut? (Kinda like a beer belly) 

Theyre all about respect and such and there is a new kind of protest from a certain group of large people. So it may make a certain group of people not feel so left out. 😂 

Of course people would want to make their Tenno fat too, probably. “I’m not fat, I’m just filled with a lot of Void energy”.

On 2018-08-27 at 2:40 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Theyre all about respect and such and there is a new kind of protest from a certain group of large people. So it may make a certain group of people not feel so left out. 😂 

Of course people would want to make their Tenno fat too, probably. “I’m not fat, I’m just filled with a lot of Void energy”.

See, I understand that they wouldn't want to include an overweight Warframe, but that's my point. All of them are the exact same build, almost, and I'm tired of it. So I figure Glutton could be one of the first to actually appear... fat!

On 2018-08-27 at 7:16 AM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

The problem with this os DE doesnt want actual moving mouths.

Because of this id suggest some sort vaporizing then consuming the enemy. What im talking about is simular to what happens when we capture targets in warframe capture missions. The capture target turning into some sort of energy as it goes into your hand except this will not be done with your hand but through little whole in were a normal person's mouth would be.

As for his 4th ability id say that should just be apart of his third. 

Last problem i see with his 3rd tho is the same problem that happened with hydroid. Hydroid use to be able to turn into a pool and take enemies under water causing his teammates to be unable to damage the drowning enemies. If your able to eat an enemy but not immediately kill them this will cause the same issue to arise again with gluttons teammates being unable to attack dying enemies in gluttons stomach

Another fix to this i think would be instant kills. In a wide but shortish cone infront of him he can consume all enemies within that range, instantly killing them. Once done a timer starts which will grant him some sort of buff that will increase in power depending on how many enemies he ate (gluttony cannot trigger this ability again while the buff timer is active). The buff will reset once the timer goes out.

As for his passive id say change to: when glutton feeds he gains health regeneration per enemy ate for X amount of seconds and gains a some sort of stack for each enemy consumed

Now the 4th could instead cause him to puke up the waste of the enemies he consumed along with acid. The acid will remain on the ground for like 30 seconds, causing enemies who walk on to it to take damage that goes up depending on how many stacks glutton had. He loses all stacks when he expels the waste.

You probably can think of something better as i just thought of a different way his abilities could work that fit your design better but yea, theres my comments lol

See, I know that he is imperfect, especially with how his Inhale and Regurgitate. But I also know that no Warframe in history has ever had an "instakill" attack. Each attack deals a certain amount of damage to varying types of enemies. It would be no different for Glutton. However, I do like that Regurgitate could be a part of Inhale. Perhaps he could Inhale the enemies in front of him and deal damage to them over time. The enemies would stay in Glutton's stomach for a set amount of time, then be regurgitated when the timer runs out. Maybe for each enemy killed within his stomach, it would provide Glutton with a small amount of energy. However, that would leave an opening for his fourth ability.

On 2018-09-01 at 10:12 PM, Artorias_Siff said:

I know that he is imperfect, especially with how his Inhale and Regurgitate. But I also know that no Warframe in history has ever had an "instakill" attack.

This is why one should be added. Each warframe bringing something new into the game breathes a little more excitement to the game rather than with same frame that does the same thing only slightly different.

The enemies would stay in Glutton's stomach for a set amount of time, then be regurgitated when the timer runs out.

Would be cool but it would have to be a short timer cause as i said hydroid had a simular ability that drowned enemies and damaged them over time. Players were upset with this as they couldnt attack the drowned enemies. Same thing with limbo preventing people from attacking enemies. Now you wish to add an ability that does the same thing that DE decided to remove and a lot of the warframe community didnt like. Only reason i was suggesting to change it.

See, I know that he is imperfect, especially with how his Inhale and Regurgitate

Nothings perfect. But things do become better than they were before. Im not making suggestions the frame to make it perfect, im making them in hopes to make it better and possibly seen in some way in the game 1 day because i really would like a warframe thats about eating enemies. Really would be an extremely satisfying warframe