Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spearguns Are Too Clunky: QoL Proposal + Buffs

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi all!

So, Spearguns have been around for quite some time. Currently, we have three and while they're not weak by any means, they may be a tad unwieldy as two of them have a dreaded charge-discharge fire mode and the other one feels slow. So, here are my following suggestions:

Javlok: You can now hold the charge (and realease it at your leisure) to consume additional ammo for extra power and range. Currently, the Javlok has a 1m AoE and a 6 round mag. A fully powered molten slug would deal more damage (obviously) and have an explosive range of 6m + Heat proc + knockdown. Also, PLEASE make the projectile's color customizable. 

Ferrox: I like this one, not a fan of the aesthetic, but I enjoy the feeling of it. For the Ferrox, I suggest making it semi-auto (albeit a relatively slow firing semi-auto, to balance out its high damage). And for the secondary fire, make the damage + proc chance scale with the amount of enemies tethered.

Scourge: I love this one (except the fact that it lacks metallics). The aesthetic screams Sentient, neat. For the Scourge, I suggest a base fire-rate and projectile speed increase, as I feel it's very slow as it is.

Infested Speargun: Let me take the opportunity to suggest an Infested speargun. Currently, we have a charge fire mode (Javlok), semi-auto (Ferrox) and auto (Scourge). So, let's make the Infested spear gun a continous weapon. It would launch a constant stream of Viral pus that has a bit of arcing and creates a small AoE when it impacts a surface. Alt-fire launches the Infested Speargun and, when it impacts a surface, it will create a puddle that deals heavy Viral damage. Enemies that die in the puddle are consumed by it in order to fortify the damage over time. 

Thank you for reading, Tenno! :]

I’d like to see the Javlok’s alt-fire actually made viable for a start. It doesn’t do nearly as much as it should considering you lose usage of the weapon, and are forced to reload once you re-obtain it. The Ferrox’s alt-fire is similarly underwhelming, as it doesn’t do an even decent job of containing enemies within the field let alone dealing damage.

I like your idea for the infested speargun, we could always use more infested weapons in this game.

Here's some more seriously useful quality of life for the spearguns:

Recall feature -> Pressing the weaponswap button (default; Tap F) when a speargun has been thrown out and landed in the environment, recalls the weapon into your hands along with equipping it as well. This consumes some of your speargun's ammoreserves though.
Note: Since the primary-secondary weaponswap button does nothing when you have the speargun thrown, I felt this would be the best button on which to implement the recall feature.

Punchthrough -> No longer works for the altfire throw (removing a bunch of problems which that causes)

Multishot -> Altfire now is affected by multishot, but by multiplying its EFFECTS (such as causing 2 explosion for Javlok, for example), rather than multiplying the speargun itself.

Tactical Reload -> This can now be equipped on all Spearguns, once again, allowing them to reload their magazine while remaining in the environment.

Max ammo -> There must DEFINITELY have been a screwup when DE changed the max ammo values of these weapons. Javlok to 300 ammo was fine. But Ferrox remains at standard 540 (despite being the slowest and most ammo-efficient), while the Scourge was nerfed too 100 spare ammo, despite being the least ammo efficient of the bunch.
In short; Swap max ammo of Ferrox and Scourge so they make more sense.