Update 9.7

[DE]Megan

OMG Does puncture work on Lanka now!!!??

That's what I'd like to know. The quote below is kind of deflating:

Did some testing, Lanka with max Shred mod cannot penetrate 2 containers nor 2 infested (4 leg types). Kinda disappointed, but will test more tomorrow.

Hope there will be some more adjustments to Puncture on Lanka.

Edited by Adianoeta

Puncture definitely works on the Lanka now. After some testing in the void I managed to kill 2 heavy gunners lined up with one shot. It goes through the collapsible cover without a problem (not the square type), doors, corners of a wall, glass... The only thing is that there is a noticeable deviation in the bullet flight path after it goes through something. It tends to hit slightly high and far right after passing through an object.

The mod value description on the wiki also seems incorrect. With a value of 1.2 the projectile will puncture 1.2m and keep flying, not fly 1.2m through an object and then magically stop.

Changes:
  • Miter – increased fire rate, higher charge damage. Charged shots fire through targets.

Fixes:

• Fixed Puncture Mods not working as intended on projectile weapons.

Miter changes - DE please consider doing this to the Glaive and Kestrel, I really like the look and feel of the weapon, right until it bounces off the first target and spazzes around the room doing nothing til it comes home.

Puncture - How was it initially broken, how does it work as intended now?

Keep up the stellar work!

<3

BRING BACK saryn awesome venom! Nerfing this will make nova the only one who can deal damage in very high content.

Seriously, no one ever said that venom could use a nerf. All we ask is a bit of tuniong for the FX. WHat are you thinking DE?????

Agreed. Venom is not as effective as before. Why wasn't this stated in patch notes??

At least mention such drastic changes to Saryn's Venom in the patch notes, don't just say it's a "performance fix" when you straight up nerfed it.

If it was an unintentional programming error, then yes, I can sympathize. But if it's not, I guess the patch notes are useless now, seeing as they hide actual changes to gameplay. 

Edited by BlindAnybody

But if it's not, I guess the patch notes are useless now, seeing as they hide actual changes to gameplay. 

To be fair, the patch notes have rarely been an effective measure of the magnitude of content changed. It got to the point in the past that people started writing underground patch note logs, recording anecdotally what had changed.