Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Totally Random Oxigen Drops And Life Supports Aids

RyuhoTheDragon

I got 3 life suports in 8 minutes not 1 more in another 5 and the oxygenfrom mobs simply decides to drop whenever. Good event really poor planning. Its annoying to depend on luck to get to 20 minutes. The last 3 minutes of my last mission awarded me 3 oxygen drops its insane. Either increase oxygen, support frequency or the 5 by which support aid us

Edited by RyuhoTheDragon

My runs average at around 12 minutes, with my best at 16. It's pure luck by the looks of it: sometimes I get plenty of oxygen, sometimes I'm choking after eight minutes. After six runs it really seems luck of the roll has a little too much to do with it. Then again, we've got people who can manage 30 minutes and more, and a lucky streak can last only for so long. Can't make any sense of this.

Just did 21 minutes on my second try.

Team up with 1 friend with good gear.

Soon as you trigger the alarm, stay where the pod usually is.

One of you cover one way, the other cover the second way.

Only move away from the "pod area" to trigger the canisters, then go right back.

More enemies spawn if your near the "pod area" which means higher chances of oxygen droping.
The drops are gathered along the ramps for easy access.

Good luck Tenno.

Why so many QQ everywhere ? RNG is not new to this game and this is like the only event that poses some challenge that has ever happened.

What challenge it's RNG based ?

Well yes but that also means that like any other drop in this game these are no different and have a % drop chance.

If you just give it your best and try a few times you'll make it.

Just did 21 minutes on my second try.

Team up with 1 friend with good gear.

Soon as you trigger the alarm, stay where the pod usually is.

One of you cover one way, the other cover the second way.

Only move away from the "pod area" to trigger the canisters, then go right back.

More enemies spawn if your near the "pod area" which means higher chances of oxygen droping.

The drops are gathered along the ramps for easy access.

Good luck Tenno.

this, this is why the majority suck at kappa and cause less spawns and drops.  while doing it as he said allows the spawns to keep coming or at least better chances;  also did I say this is why most suck at kappa with their spawn camping attempts?

I failed at my first try at 15th minute cause game decided that i have enough oxygen already and next 100 mobs shouldnt drop anything, same thing at next try, but at least goal was made this time.

Getting 20 minute mark isnt any hard, but final result shouldnt be influenced by rng.

Edited by Davoodoo

Just did a random match with random people and we got to 30mins easily with no problems until levels outted us because it was 2 Nova's a Mag and a Nyx soo yeah, not sure where the problems coming in. If you find yourself having alot of issues stockpile them for when you get under 50%~ then pick them up. And the Supply Drops stop after 10mins so you really will have to pay attention to picking up Oxygen or not at times, but with the mob fixes since the Survivals release I've noticed the only times you will really have oxygen problems is when you just don't pick the things up. I can solo my same time still easily also (29~mins) So not sure what problem you're really running into, in the long run the mobs kill you not the oxygen imo.

My average is about 35 minutes, although I agree that this event has huge emphasis on RNG. The problem isn't at low levels, where provided you're killing at the maximum pace (best done by staying in a middle area and spamming ults), you will have no trouble, but rather that these results will essentially be given to you. After a certain point, enemies simply don't spawn quickly enough to keep up given the decreasing drop rate. The end eventually catches up with you as the chance of drops decrease, but your actual competence is mostly irrelevant, since the amount of skill required to kill enemies at maximum speed is comparatively low. Getting a top result, while it requires a certain high damage output, basically disregards player skill completely past that.

More simply put, this moves in entirely the opposite direction from the problems we suffer from in game currently. It emphasizes yet again that player input is relatively irrelevant past a certain point. Even the supposed, 'end game', of high wave defense requires nothing difficult of the player - instead relying on simple strategy in regards to picking warframes and weapons.

In solo I'm currently using a Gram, and doing nothing but Charge attack until the ancients show up, at which point I switch to boltor. I can reliably get to about 16 minutes if I remember to use Stomp often and don't pop the canisters prematurely - generally until all have have spawned concurrently.

13:44 on my first try solo, love the fact I get a chance to melee out! Only actually used the gun when I got to ancients.

Not sure it'd be so much fun against the Grineer, but infested are a slash-fest :D

If you want to carve up Grineer, get yourself the Fang, preferably on Loki or Ash - it chops Grineer up good on any frame, but with a cloak ability you essentially have a chainsaw in each hand.

On topic, I just got to around 22:30 with a full team. We stuck by the area furthest from the spawn, past the pod, with the two big doors east and north, and by 20:00 we still had an O2 tank remaining.

...and then a network error broke the session and my record now shows 18:00 from my last solo attempt.

I think I need a cup of tea and a sit down.

Edited by UnearthedArcana