The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Settings all reset after power outage

Puppyboy4

I was just grinding endo and my streets power went out (sadly it does this alot) and when i log back in the next day, EVERY SINGLE SETTING IS RESET (Edit: except my key bindings, they stayed.)
My sensitivity, UI scale, Graphics, im not sure if this is a problem that can be fixed but i'd like some closure, Thanks!

Edited by Puppyboy4

• 5 years later...
7 часов назад, Voltage сказал:

I just had this same issue. Curious why it did that, and Google brought me here.

No mystery here. The power outage happened at bad moment, when the game was trying to write something into its config files. Due to power outage the file was corrupted. And the next time you've started the game it defaulted all the settings by creating a new config file to replace the corrupted one. No bug here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

No mystery here. The power outage happened at bad moment, when the game was trying to write something into its config files. Due to power outage the file was corrupted. And the next time you've started the game it defaulted all the settings by creating a new config file to replace the corrupted one. No bug here.

I was just sitting in the orbiter.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

I just had this same issue. Curious why it did that, and Google brought me here.

Like Tesla said, it must've been writing to the file and only completed a partial write, or it became corrupted somehow (I've no idea what it would be doing while sitting in orbiter tbf). If you're curious, this post goes into a little more detail about where the specific graphics & auxiliary settings are (everything but key bindings I believe, which is the EE.cfg file): 

10 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Even if you don't do anything it doesn't mean nothing happens in your PC at that time.

9 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Like Tesla said, it must've been writing to the file and only completed a partial write, or it became corrupted somehow (I've no idea what it would be doing while sitting in orbiter tbf). If you're curious, this post goes into a little more detail about where the specific graphics & auxiliary settings are (everything but key bindings I believe, which is the EE.cfg file):

-snip-

I'm aware of how it happened, I just wanted to update this very old thread to show it's still an ongoing issue and a flaw with the way your settings as a configuration file are stored and updated. I could 100% understand having this issue if I was tinkering with settings at the exact moment of power failure, but just sitting in my ship should not risk configuration file corruption.

When I mentioned "I'm curious why it did that", it wasn't because I didn't know it corrupted the file and defaulted, I'm curious why this is even set up this way, especially with my idle gameplay activity.

Warframe config files have all sorts of anomalies, like losing settings when you change your username, or carrying Glyphs between logins.

Anyways, cheers for including some detail for other people potentially viewing the thread. :)

• Like 1

Get a UPS for your setup. Even a cheap one that will only keep your PC and monitor up for 5-10 minutes would give you enough time to save, quit, and shutdown if the power doesn't come back immediately. They also protect your stuff way better than just a surge strip so you don't have a power glitch blow something up.