Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orvius and Condition Overload

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone

I found the orvius a real funny (and high damage!!) weapon, and the fact you can dual wield with Zakti, a secondary i love too, is a good thing. When i found a good riven mod i started using this build.
VTOyFsZ.jpg

(Riven is Orvius Visition: +221% melee damage, +110,6% electricity, -45,7% critical damage)

The only real problem i found with this weapon is i can auto-kill myself if something pass in front of my while i'm throwing the orvius 😄
and i'm talking about Nidus or Frost Prime, not silly warframe 😄 (when i use it with Chroma for self-power Vex Armor, i had to remove riven mod and reduce damage or i insta-kill myself...)

However, now i found Condition Overload and i would try a CO build (also because Zakti is gas and status weapon so it could be a good choice. The problem is... what can i remove to put CO inside?

Ty for your help :)

ps. i found an old post on reddit saying Power Throw is useless for Orvius. But i found a lot of build using it anyways... so... is it good or i need to remove it? if i remove it (and i suppose also Quick Return) what can i put then?

Edited by Kelpie77

7 answers to this question

The Orvius explodes on all enemies when it explodes innately. Power throw doesn't really add much since you should be latching to an enemy and not hitting an object

Equally gladiator vice seems a little out of place as you're not going for a crit build

7 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Equally gladiator vice seems a little out of place as you're not going for a crit build

If you have to choose between Gladiator Vice and (regular) Fury always go for the former. Even low boost is better than no boost.

Edited by Kialandi

6 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

If you have to choose between Gladiator Vice and (regular) Fury always go for the former. Even low boost is better than no boost.

No one said to put regular fury there, but it's a debatable slot when you have -45% crit damage (I manage to use primed fury successfully, but some people hate the timing). Primed Reach and Jagged Edge are also debatable, but at the end of the day if they want to throw on CO, something has to go.

Power Throw would be my first choice, then Jagged Edge then Vice or Reach.

TY for your advices :)

Gladiator Vice is becuase got the same bonus than Fury, plus the added special bonus. Probably when/if i level up Primed Fury i'll switch them. If i can, i try always using a +speed mod because i use a lot of melee attack and hate slow melee...
Reach is because it will increase also explosion radius and throw distance, AFAIK, so in the end is a good advantage
Jagged Edge probably is the one i'll remove. With a couple of status on the target, CO bonus will be more than Jagged Edge's one.
As for Power Throw i'm sorry but don't understand why is something to remove... i was thinking is supposed make the weapon explode at the end of the last bounce (and that is the only one 'cause of Quick Return), right? so why is useless on Orvius? Just asking to understand :)

Edited by Kelpie77

12 hours ago, Kelpie77 said:

ps. i found an old post on reddit saying Power Throw is useless for Orvius. But i found a lot of build using it anyways... so... is it good or i need to remove it? if i remove it (and i suppose also Quick Return) what can i put then?

Drop Power Throw, Reach, and Jagged Edge.  Those are the three mods you have equipped on the Orvius that either aren't needed or don't offer enough of an advantage at the cost of the mod slot.  I will explain in detail below.

10 hours ago, Kelpie77 said:

Reach is because it will increase also explosion radius and throw distance, AFAIK, so in the end is a good advantage

Reach doesn't increase the throw distance of thrown melee.  It only effects the in-hand melee range which isn't much of an increase for any of the thrown melee. 

As for Power Throw i'm sorry but don't understand why is something to remove... i was thinking is supposed make the weapon explode at the end of the last

Power Throw just adds punchthru to the Orvius.  This might seem like a good thing at first, but it actually causes problems with how it behaves (especially in regards to Navigator). 

Jagged Edge probably is the one i'll remove. With a couple of status on the target, CO bonus will be more than Jagged Edge's one.

Jagged Edge is only increasing the Slash weight of status procs.  It's not really effecting the damage.  Since the Orvius is already slash heavy, increasing the status chance would make it work better with Condition Overload. 

Here's my old Orvius build

hiR3fuo.jpg I've made a few recent changes to it, but no pictures of the newer build.  It's still Gas/Slash

21 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

Oh ok thank you 🙂

so long, if i remove Power Throw i need also to remove the Quick return, right?

Quick Return is another of that sacrifices a mod slot for only slight gains.  Because or the Orvius' auto-tracking, it's actually pretty fast in both going to targets and returning quickly.  

Basically, that mod slot can be used for something else.