Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone please explain to me kindly why "Nezha is a trap" gets you a chat suspension?

TheAlmightyPickle

Question

So, recently (AKA within the last hour) I posted the comment "Nezha is a trap" in Region chat and was so generously rewarded with a chat suspension.

A: Why?

This utterly harmless comment shouldn't result in a suspension.

B: Was this really necessary?

No, it wasn't. Harmless bullS#&$tery like that shouldn't cause a completely unnecessary suspension.

C: Does this violate any conditions or terms or anything like that related to what moderators can do?

I really have no clue. 

I welcome kind and logical explanations. Please keep politics out of this conversation as best as possible.

5 minutes ago, Calistin said:

That said I wasn't talking about the word Nehzra but the word trap, it was a follow up to the person I quoted so I dunno how you got that mixed up?

Because this is a discussion revolving around the fact that when both are used in the same sentence that you get a kick.

Trap is fine.

Edited by DeMonkey

14 hours ago, TheAlmightyPickle said:

So, recently (AKA within the last hour) I posted the comment "Nezha is a trap" in Region chat and was so generously rewarded with a chat suspension.

A: Why?

This utterly harmless comment shouldn't result in a suspension.

B: Was this really necessary?

No, it wasn't. Harmless bullS#&$tery like that shouldn't cause a completely unnecessary suspension.

😄 Does this violate any conditions or terms or anything like that related to what moderators can do?

I really have no clue. 

I welcome kind and logical explanations. Please keep politics out of this conversation as best as possible.

Play dumb game win dumb prizes 

Look mate to put it blunt it may be harmless to you but DE doesn't want it in their game just accept it and move on and don't do it again we get a thread about this i wanna say a dime a dozen requesting politics stay out of it is like requesting water to not be wet and kind and logical is requesting fire not to burn you but hey i'm just speaking form experience with this topic i'm open to be proven wrong. I'm pretty sure DE banned the phrase because it got everyone into big hostile arguments now all the phrase is used for is to trick people who don't know it bans you to get banned or what ever other reason that would warrant them doing it. Also does this violate anything a mod can do? No its a automated system to put it simple kickbot is just that a robot given a list of words and phrases you cant say within context that is regularly monitored by DE why some people get harder punishments when telling the bot to quote "F-off."  The word trap isn't banned how ever the context of it depends you can say Vauban can make a lot of traps but if you say Vauban is a trap you get suspended for 7 days because it falls under a derogatory term an now that alone is why people cant keep politics out of it. We did try to have a feedback thread about the kickbot about how to better improve it and fix its false positives but it became uncivil when people started arguing politics and fighting or demanding some mods be removed even after multiple time being told to keep things civil i might generalizing that but it got nasty pretty quick is what i'm saying. its not a meme, it isn't funny, and some people find it hurtful some don't can we please move on with more meaningful importance? like people getting banned for false positives? 

A - It's an overused, over-spammed, and also derogatory meme. Mainly because it's derogatory.

B - Yes, it was. If you demonstrate that you cannot use the chat in a responsible, mature and respectful manner, your chat privileges will be revoked.

C - Posting derogatory, racist or sexist comments violates not only the chat rules, but the EULA of the game. Although you were chat banned by the automatic moderation system known as Kickbot, a chat moderator would be well within their rights to ban you from chat were kickbot not operating.

Locking.