Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Got Rewards For Each Phase; Grineer, Infested And Corpus

DeadlyNerd

The mod ain't that useful, except maybe exclusive to this event. Strun Wraith may look cool, but I really wish there was more.

At least more mods. Without the collective community effort it kinda feels pointless to repeat these alerts, unless you want a gold statue, which only appears in the clan hall.

I'm not feeling entitled to anything, just saying, there could be more here.

there could be more. but you're missing the key point here. 

this has been their best event yet. i think them figuring out how to do events well is a reward in and of itself because it means they wont suck as much in the future. besides this event is actually fun. its better then MD ED and w/e else because there is no interruption in the combat.

this has been their best event yet. i think them figuring out how to do events well is a reward in and of itself because it means they wont suck as much in the future. besides this event is actually fun. its better then MD ED and w/e else because there is no interruption in the combat.

I actually appreciated more collective community events. There was a sense of accomplishment after the event was over.

True, adhering to the whiny solo crowd is obviously a way of decreasing the amount of QQ after each event when people don't get their items, but not everyone is a whiny little *@##$.

I actually appreciated more collective community events. There was a sense of accomplishment after the event was over.

True, adhering to the whiny solo crowd is obviously a way of decreasing the amount of QQ after each event when people don't get their items, but not everyone is a whiny little $#*(@.

Seems like you are being one right now.

Best event ever and you complain you can't farm good enough rewards.

What about the 10 or so Orokin Cells and free experience? Or the 20k salvage alongside 2k plastids or 10 morphics?

That aint enough? Don't play.

10+ Cells 25+ Morphics just a highlight of Day1/2 first runs. The ability to farm MASSES of fusion cores for a shorter duration than a decent Xini. The fact you only need 20minutes to qualify for all rewards from the weekend.

Only bad thing is bad hosts.

I much rather prefer this type of even where there is no community progression bar.

Why?  It means that I can play at my own pace without worrying about the event finishing well before its scheduled to.  I dont feel rushed to play it non-stop and can take breaks at my own leisure with it.

This is by far the best event DE has ran yet.

The problem with this event is that you can play an event map once and be done with it, and get all the rewards. There is no other incentive to keep playing unless you really, really enjoy this gamemode, or to get the statue. It does add a bit of strategy and not wasting your oxygen drops. But to me, this is basically a Defence mission without a timer. It's not different enough to make me keep playing, so I just played one pub and we got to about 25 minutes. One run, all rewards, no point to continue.

Seems like you are being one right now.

Best event ever and you complain you can't farm good enough rewards.

What about the 10 or so Orokin Cells and free experience? Or the 20k salvage alongside 2k plastids or 10 morphics?

That aint enough? Don't play.

I'm not feeling entitled to anything, just saying, there could be more here.

Everyone else is just listing side effects. The same side effect was with fomorian sabotage, S#&$ ton of resources dropping.

I believe an event is about the final reward, not about what you can get if you grind pointlessly.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Gonna weigh in real quick..  I think that this game mode is actually not that great.  its just defense without a pod.  that's all.  you are tossed about by the whims of the rng god, which honestly got fixed and that's ok.  More to the point.  Why am i just surviving? why am i not running out of a ship?  Tenno sacrificing themselves? o yeah that's real lore intensive.  Not to mention apparently gradivus is being attacked by space ball 1 in mega maid mode.  I would not go so far as to say this is their best "event" yet.  this is a beta test for their new mode and that's it.  they just gave you incentive to do it is all. 

The problem with this event is that you can play an event map once and be done with it, and get all the rewards. There is no other incentive to keep playing unless you really, really enjoy this gamemode, or to get the statue. It does add a bit of strategy and not wasting your oxygen drops. But to me, this is basically a Defence mission without a timer. It's not different enough to make me keep playing, so I just played one pub and we got to about 25 minutes. One run, all rewards, no point to continue.

and i think this is the problem, there's no variance.  instead of implementing this, they should have reworked raid to a more fun mission type, unique by its own design.  not implement suicide mode >.>

but that's just my 2 cents.

edit: and just to refer to the op in general, it would be somewhat nice to see if there were some tiers of mods for each faction. maybe some new form of smite/expel that could be applied to your frame like increasing power vs said type

Edited by r3dzer0

edit: and just to refer to the op in general, it would be somewhat nice to see if there were some tiers of mods for each faction. maybe some new form of smite/expel that could be applied to your frame like increasing power vs said type

that would actually be a pretty logical reward, since we're killing tons of each in each phase.

absolutely. they're learning from the past, and improving on them. 

community objective events are good too, in theory. but the execution on almost all of them has been... bad. it's too grindy and too boring to really participate to a signifigant degree. 

as for rewards, i agree that it does seem logical, but at the same time...

"stuff, i want more stuff! more stuff NOW!!!!"

and then when Digital Extremes says okay and does that, people will complain about it. 

i.e. - "we want more guns" - more guns - "too many guns! fix other stuff first!"

the community is leading Digital Extremes in circles and telling them all of the streets are the wrong one. they can't win.

Edited by taiiat

as for rewards, i agree that it does seem logical, but at the same time...

"stuff, i want more stuff! more stuff NOW!!!!"

and then when Digital Extremes says okay and does that, people will complain about it. 

i.e. - "we want more guns" - more guns - "too many guns! fix other stuff first!"

the community is leading Digital Extremes in circles and telling them all of the streets are the wrong one. they can't win.

Asking for a few mods isn't really asking much. My point is that if they were willing to put a mod and a weapon as rewards for doing only 1 20min alert mission in the first phase, you'd expect there to be something more in the next phase.

DE isn't being led in circles because they can't help it. They're being led in circles because they can't choose which type of audience to please. It's quite obvious that there was a small bunch of very loud children whining after the corpus void event, and being very loud and obnoxious is always more efficient than being silent and patient.

Also, to fix a mechanic, you don't overhaul it, you tweak some details every time. Collective community effort was a neat little thing DE had going for this game. However badly implemented, it gave a feeling of serving a purpose in the game's lore. If people couldn't understand that part, then I'm sorry to announce that the community is more and more becoming a CoD/GoW kindergarten.

Edited by DeadlyNerd