Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DELETE]

Xarteros

9 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Automatically follows the flow of control, for when factions gain or lose control of a planet in the system (does not happen often, but is the cause of a lot of remnant chaos of our current loot tables), which minimises DE's work in updating the system

Why is this a good thing?

Prevents outdated limitations to potential farm sites, like Jupiter being the sole source of Neural Sensors, or the limited selection of Mutagen sample farm sites

You word this as if you think it is unintentional.

No real downsides

Did you even try to look past your own idea here?

Certainly a way to invalidate returning to previous tilesets while also increasing grind from what I can see.

With the establishment of enemy based drops, there comes no reason to go back to previous tilesets, everything can be found on a single faction planet.

In addition as it stands it makes it very hard to focus on harvesting specific materials. Running low on polymer bundles? Too bad now you just have to cross your fingers and hope that some enemy decides to drop it so you can build that shiny new weapon. Need Orokin cells to build all that forma? well how about instead you have 3 other rare resources competing for your attention?

13 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Gives new players a much wider selection of places to farm their much-needed resources. Also allows players to farm for more different combinations of resources at once

And this is where it falls off.

It is intentionally designed that way in order to promote progression, you know that already, otherwise you wont be asking for it undone.

here's some things i don't like about it (though i sort of do like the general premise)

i don't want to HAVE to get certain Resources from Pots/Lockers. i like them as an extra source of Resources, but not the only source. i'm not playing Destiny for a reason, because i don't like how you get Resources in that game.

i don't want it to be necessary to go to a specific location/Tileset to get a Resource. i like having variety in my Gameplay, and currently the game lets you get the Resources you're looking for while playing just about any Tileset/Faction.

howsabout this? do both. have Enemies Drop Resources based on location AND Faction. so that MOA that dies will Drop the location based Resource as well as Resources that Corpus in particular would have some connection to.
that lets you get a more in universe logical tie with Resources, but still allow the current flexibility of playing mostly what you want while still progressing.