Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3D Printing Warframes

BlissIICTRL

Hey guys,

Long time player, first time poster.

Looking for any info from DE or otherwise on being able to pull game models and import directly into blender for conversion, then netfabb/minimagics/meshlab for printability testing. I am in the process of saving for a new 3D printer (I am a mechanical engineering student in my penultimate year so I see it having a fair use as a work tool as well), and would love to be able to 3D print some warframe models i.e. my Excalibur at a set scale, and then the weapons at a set scale as well so that I can paint him up and put him in pride of place on top of my PC tower.

Any help appreciated.

BlissIICTRL

You can take a screen shot of in-game Warframes, then render the screen shot into 3Ds MAX

You can take this simple screen shot ( my character is the one on the left ).

2iaaps6.jpg

You also need a reference shot to use it as the base for your render.

24bvgjr.jpg

And turn it into this: High Quality Render of my same character in a totally different from the original where he's standing. As long as you have a full body picture, you can render it into a 3D program, from there you can then save it and print it out.

2a83zh2.png

Edited by __Kanade__

@Kanade - is yours actually a legit copy of 3DS Max though? I've been trying to get my hands on a copy legitimate or otherwise for a while but all the otherwise ones are loaded with viruses so it makes it hard to get a decent one without forking out $200ish. I do however have Blender and have actually been getting reasonably alright with it with a lot of practice cleaning up eve online ships for print (much longer time playing that haha, 8 years now)

See now @IA - this is how I'd do them, in just a base flat colour, then sprayed in primer :D

@Kanade - is yours actually a legit copy of 3DS Max though? I've been trying to get my hands on a copy legitimate or otherwise for a while but all the otherwise ones are loaded with viruses so it makes it hard to get a decent one without forking out $200ish. I do however have Blender and have actually been getting reasonably alright with it with a lot of practice cleaning up eve online ships for print (much longer time playing that haha, 8 years now)

See now @IA - this is how I'd do them, in just a base flat colour, then sprayed in primer :D

I had a 30 day trial of 3DS Max downloaded from autodesk, the render of my Dynasty Warriors Online character was done by someone with more experience who does random 3DS renders of characters as long as a reference shot of what they wanted their character to look like in the render and a full body pic of their character.

You could download a torrent 3DS Max instead of paying the some $900 for the software. You also need a computer with alot of RAM to process the renders.

Edited by __Kanade__

• 2 weeks later...