Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Contagion without accidental suicide

wiinston17

Question

Hey fellow Tennos,

So how does one use exodia contagion without killing themselves? Consider the following scenarios:

1. Double jump to parkour » sees ennemy » forget to land before meleeing » press E » RIP

2. Throws contagion » delusions of it being a perfect throw » hits narrow ceiling » RIP

3. Lands a perfect throw » lands just in time for the second explosion » Gets procced by viral/corrossive » RIP

The only frames I feel safe enough to use it with is either limbo or ice chroma but surely there must be a safer way to constanly living on the edge like this. Anyone care to share their wisdom?

8 answers to this question

I have no wisdom to share, but some knowledge of the future: on last week's Prime Time, they said that the upcoming Elite Alerts (final name TBD) will introduce a mod that will reduce self-damage.

I don't think they specified how much self-damage would be eliminated. Since self-kills can be done with primaries, secondaries, and glaives, it's probably safe to assume that this will be a Frame mod.

like any other Explosive Weapon, it's about minimizing risk of hitting yourself, confirming your target/shot before attacking, using Parkour to get yourself out of bad situations, Et Cetera.

for example, since it's a Projectile, if you're seeing that you will be landing in Range of it and blow yourself up, use Parkour to move away from that area before you land. whether that be a Backflip, double Jumping to change Velocity vector and gliding away, Walljumping to reset Parkour Charges and to change Velocity vector, there's a lot of options.

26 minutes ago, wiinston17 said:

Hey fellow Tennos,

So how does one use exodia contagion without killing themselves? Consider the following scenarios:

1. Double jump to parkour » sees ennemy » forget to land before meleeing » press E » RIP

2. Throws contagion » delusions of it being a perfect throw » hits narrow ceiling » RIP

3. Lands a perfect throw » lands just in time for the second explosion » Gets procced by viral/corrossive » RIP

I use Exodia Contagion on my Zaw Dagger. I would be in favor of self damage reduction but not in complete negation of it.

It takes some getting used to when using this Arcane, i took some time but still every now and then get my self killed with it. What kills me the most usually are the trees and bushes in the Plains that have collision to projectiles and often detonate the Contagion's projectile in my face when running through them.

28 minutes ago, wiinston17 said:

The only frames I feel safe enough to use it with is either limbo or ice chroma but surely there must be a safer way to constanly living on the edge like this. Anyone care to share their wisdom?

Actually not even they are safe from it, the Exodia Contagion's explosion deals damage to targets both inside and outside the rift no matter if you shot from the inside our outside and the projectile in very rare occasions manages to deal over 1KK damage which im pretty sure even Ice Chroma cant handle.

i actually for limbo think i throw the arcane then go into the rift and its seems to be fine. For chroma i have all three umbra mods almost maxed out so i can survive the blast but get it by the corrosive or viral proc. I wish we could bind the double jump + E to a different key 

makes me wish charge attacks could make it work....it works for the Infested scythe after all....so why not to the two excodia arcanes that have effects?

yeah, you can throw it off like crazy with that way...but it would be safer i think.

will have  to wait til melee 3.0 before i can think of anything else.

55 minutes ago, taiiat said:

like any other Explosive Weapon, it's about minimizing risk of hitting yourself, confirming your target/shot before attacking, using Parkour to get yourself out of bad situations, Et Cetera.

for example, since it's a Projectile, if you're seeing that you will be landing in Range of it and blow yourself up, use Parkour to move away from that area before you land. whether that be a Backflip, double Jumping to change Velocity vector and gliding away, Walljumping to reset Parkour Charges and to change Velocity vector, there's a lot of options.

I like @Kalvorax 's input. Since no zaw can be thrown e.g. glaive, can we just charge melee to have exodia activated? Since double jump or bullet jumping in regular missions (not PoE) is really not forgiving, its a nightmare forgetting to unequip the arcane after a forma.

I am a lazy bum 😉 deal with it lol. I think that i need to git gud or stop using it lol. I just have this weird attraction to self harming tendencies. I absolutely love the lenz and now to the exodia  contagion. Along those lines, i guess i wouldn't mind adding  a stroke to trigger it. E.g double jump/bullet jump + E + E 

The extra E mid air would act like a safeguard like Ordis saying: "Are you sure you really want to kill yourself Operator!"

Edited by wiinston17