Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After the changes to Daily Tribute...

Kwikwilyaqa

Can we have a limited amount of time (like a two or three days) to trade unranked weapons for another one of the rewards (of the same category)? Nothing fancy or complicated, just a temporary NPC to make the trades and it's gone for good after some time... He can even looks like Baro... and have the same name...

EDIT (to make it more clear): Only for unranked (rank 0) Azima, Zenistar, Zenith and Sygma & Octantis - and only if all are in the same "bundle" of choices. Is more like a "reselection" to players that "almost" got in the new system (that is not here yet).

Edited by Kwikwilyaqa

15 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That’s not going to happen. There is absolutely no reason for DE to even consider it.

• the point in the changes is to allow people to get stuff faster/the order they want. Not immediately.

You misunderstood his post. He's talking about people who've already gotten some of the weapons being able to trade them out for the ones they actually want.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

You misunderstood his post.

I figured that was possible, but the OP states "of the same category". I am taking this to mean, trade a secondary for a secondary, melee for melee etc. My response is based on that. I may have missed this bit, but will the new system allow you to get duplicates of the weapons? If not, this proposal would not work anyway.

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I figured that was possible, but the OP states "of the same category". I am taking this to mean, trade a secondary for a secondary, melee for melee etc. My response is based on that. I may have missed this bit, but will the new system allow you to get duplicates of the weapons? If not, this proposal would not work anyway.

The category is Daily Reward "weapons" (all the choices you get when in day 100/300/500/700). I didn't use "weapons" because there is more in the same bundle - if i'm not mistaken a syandana or armor you can chose. And only for unranked ones, not something you can exploit.

EDIT: That's exactly what i mean @Pent_!

Edited by Kwikwilyaqa

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

He means strictly for the daily reward junk. IE exchanging the Azima for the Zenistar.

They should consider this because at least myself, I'm considering no longer logging in once I get too close to the weapon reward.

Login rewards are supposed to make you want to log in, not the opposite. 

Some already took a break since the original announcement. 

37 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

They should consider this because at least myself, I'm considering no longer logging in once I get too close to the weapon reward.

That was my thoughts 20 days ago (in my day 99) but a lot was happening in the last month or so - Valkyr vaulted, Rhino and Nyx unvalted, Plague Star, etc., etc.. I had friends who stopped, but i prefer to think they will try to make a smooth transition, not something disruptive. Even though they don't have to since it affects only a fraction of the playerbase, they should consider because that fraction have some compromise with the game - the very same reason of the daily rewards.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I don't understand what the point of the suggestion is. Why would you want to do this? Why not just take what you get and level it? 

Because the login weapons are not all made equal and maybe he wants to pick the best one rather than just have another MR fodder gun. 

Uh wasn't that a part of the proposed change? Without the vendor? And isn't it a case of them not having set the new system up, but just talking about it? So doesn't that mean that any change might take a while... And I do mean quite a while? So isn't the talk of "I will not log in from now until the changes are in place so I can get the best goodies" a bit premature? 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh wasn't that a part of the proposed change? Without the vendor? And isn't it a case of them not having set the new system up, but just talking about it? So doesn't that mean that any change might take a while... And I do mean quite a while? So isn't the talk of "I will not log in from now until the changes are in place so I can get the best goodies" a bit premature? 

It's coming soon. At this point they said it's coming with mainline and considering there are three big updates left for the year, it can't be too far. 

OP stopped logging in when they first mentioned it which is quite the dedication... 

14 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

It's coming soon. At this point they said it's coming with mainline and considering there are three big updates left for the year, it can't be too far. 

OP stopped logging in when they first mentioned it which is quite the dedication... 

And Fortuna is coming in autumn 2018. We're already in autumn, still no set date. Autumn officially ends shortly before Christmas. That's almost 100 days. 

Soon, is relative. I'll keep on logging in and collecting the rewards as a way of showing my dedication. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Did the maths.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I don't understand what the point of the suggestion is. Why would you want to do this? Why not just take what you get and level it? 

That's not the point. Is just a suggestion to better integrate the changes for people caught in the middle of it. If 200 days means nothing to you (the time in between the rewards), i can't elaborate more.

5 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

That's not the point. Is just a suggestion to better integrate the changes for people caught in the middle of it. If 200 days means nothing to you (the time in between the rewards), i can't elaborate more.

Then how does "a few days" work with that? For this to affect any reasonable amount of players, then we have to talk in terms of hundreds of days. 

Because honestly, if we back date to when they made the thread, you are probably talking about close to 100 days before the rework drops. Deciding to not play for months because you might miss out on getting first crack at the choice doesn't make sense to me at all. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then how does "a few days" work with that? For this to affect any reasonable amount of players, then we have to talk in terms of hundreds of days. 

Because honestly, if we back date to when they made the thread, you are probably talking about close to 100 days before the rework drops. Deciding to not play for months because you might miss out on getting first crack at the choice doesn't make sense to me at all. 

Now i'm confused. Because the thread is 3-4 days old (I started it) and is about a few exchange days after the changes for the weapon category and only for unranked copies of the rewards (that applies to EVERYONE that have any of the rewards unranked). There is no "quitting" in discussion (i normally play daily and have over 1000h in Warframe - i'm new just in the Foruns), i merely commented in one of the responses and i quote:

On 2018-09-30 at 1:01 AM, Kwikwilyaqa said:

(...) I had friends who stopped, but i prefer to think they will try to make a smooth transition, not something (...)

Now how about be constructive and actual contribute for the idea?

2 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Now i'm confused. Because the thread is 3-4 days old (I started it) and is about a few exchange days after the changes for the weapon category and only for unranked copies of the rewards (that applies to EVERYONE that have any of the rewards unranked). There is no "quitting" in discussion (i normally play daily and have over 1000h in Warframe - i'm new just in the Foruns), i merely commented in one of the responses and i quote:

Now how about be constructive and actual contribute for the idea?

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The thread they made is over a month old. The original confirmation that they were looking towards changing it was months before that. 

Until they actually announce a date for the release of the change we may all be looking at months of more waiting. Perhaps 100 days of waiting. 

If people are considering saving their rewards for a trade in, then "a few days" probably won't be enough for most people.

And you need to recognise that not everyone who doesn't automatically agree with you is totally against you. 

You're the one who commented explaining that you have friends who stopped playing in the hopes of getting better rewards "whenever" the new system is put in place. That's why 

The idea you're proposing doesn't make much sense to me. After they make the change we won't need the trader you propose. If they give a 3 day grace period, it will probably only help a tiny fraction of the player base so there's not much roi. How many people are going to have hung on to the rewards for that long? 

On 2018-10-01 at 7:15 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

(...)

Until they actually announce a date for the release of the change we may all be looking at months of more waiting. Perhaps 100 days of waiting. 

If people are considering saving their rewards for a trade in, then "a few days" probably won't be enough for most people.

And you need to recognise that not everyone who doesn't automatically agree with you is totally against you. 

You're the one who commented explaining that you have friends who stopped playing in the hopes of getting better rewards "whenever" the new system is put in place. That's why 

The idea you're proposing doesn't make much sense to me. After they make the change we won't need the trader you propose. If they give a 3 day grace period, it will probably only help a tiny fraction of the player base so there's not much roi. How many people are going to have hung on to the rewards for that long? 

Well, it seems is not months, and the date is set...

Anyway, that's the idea and why it will never happen: it does not affect a good portion of the communitie, people over 300 days don't care and greatly benefits new players (and even those who stopped playing)... so, who cares about some random guys in the middle?

And maybe is my bad english, but i'm not proposing a trader - just a way to be part of the changes (the unranked exchange was one idea, nobody propose nothing else to open a bit more the topic to a real discussion, so...).

im with this idea, it COMPLETELY INFURIATES me that I have now logged in over 100 days and have a crap Azima to show for it, the system was already a bad one to start with as I had around 1400 hours in before the login system even started which i didnt get accounted for. Now as I have just passed the azima loggin im PISSED to find out that this is even an option. So now people that have less time than me will have this AMAZING weapon and ill still have an azima...until 300 days...its completely backwards and seems to me like a personal insult and a slap in the face from DE. Honestly have been holding my finger over the uninstall button the last hour or so since I even found out these changes were a thing...also the rank 0 thing wont work really because most people just over the 100 days have already leveled the azima just for the MR. honestly id let them reset me to 99 days just so i can loggin and get the 100 day again though after the changes...

*yes please rage and hate on me in the comments after this one, honestly doesn't matter at this point...sry for stating my point of view in advance!

Edited by MonoxideKills

On 2018-09-30 at 4:58 AM, DeaHamlet said:

I feel you, I recently got the Azima and i now have to wait 200 days to get Zenistar, while I could have waited and got Zenistar at the 100th day.

4 hours ago, Prepotenza said:

I feel you, I recently got the Azima and i now have to wait 200 days to get Zenistar, while I could have waited and got Zenistar at the 100th day.

Why didn't you wait... Man, that sucks. 

200 days is 6+ months, that's quite the wait. 

36 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

Why didn't you wait... Man, that sucks. 

200 days is 6+ months, that's quite the wait. 

Because 1) without a given time frame for implementation, you wouldn't know how long it will be before it's implemented and 2) you'd have to wait even longer longer for the otherwise rewards anyway. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

(...) you'd have to wait even longer longer for the otherwise rewards anyway. 

There is no rewards, only one. Zenistar for some frames (like Octavia and Nova) is just to good - and sadly, unique. 600 days (even 6000 days) waiting for Azima is cool, nobody want that junk anyway...