The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is wukong any good?

(PSN)Raging_Storm8853

Question

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

He isn't a rhino wielding a plague zaw but he's definitly fun in his own way.

God my eyes are bleeding. So UGLY 🤢🤢

Wukong is certainly effective at being a melee frame. His 4th is nice even in damage actually, if you set it up properly it can deal pretty hard to reach numbers even for meta melees, other than the truly top ones - you only need an artax for that 😄

1 hour ago, MrMrs said:

But there isn't content where tanking is necessary either

Even less reason to consider Wukong good because of it. :wink:

As I say in all my threads, Defy needs to do more than just tank, because that's simply not useful enough.

1 hour ago, MrMrs said:

Although, many melee frames (valkyr, wukong, and ash) all seem to lean towards the solo side of warframe.

You do have a point with Ash. You could argue perhaps that his augments actually make him okay for a co-op experience, with his armour remove and team invisibility that doesn't detract from the game unlike Wukong's. I'm not actually going to argue it given I don't actually know enough about Ash, but I'm sure a case could be made for it.

He's pretty boring and has visual appeal for Chinese market meaning that hes quite ugyiish, poor thing. 

Technically he's immortal tank with one melee weapon/stance that he can use, which is exactly as boring as it is sounds. 

I did saw him one-shot that big Jugger in front of Jordas with his 1 thou. And he had some quasi meta nuke build when he would exterminate whole room with the help of syndicate mod and some weapon but I forgot what was it about. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

It's only positive because it's grossly exaggerating.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play him, you can have a lot of fun with him, but you absolutely should be aware of his faults before you do else you're likely to be disappointed.

That's because you haven't played him enough :wink:

I thought I'd made it pretty clear, but I'll try for a different approach.

There is no content in this game in which immortality is necessary, there is barely any content in which it is "helpful" and a similar level of tankiness can be achieved by other better frames like Inaros, Nidus or Rhino. His 2 does nothing else for him, and thus is not a good ability.

Nobody has called his 4 useless in this thread, people have merely (as you have) stated that it's not a good melee weapon. Gram Prime, Galatine Prime, Orthos, Mios, Atterax etc will all out kill it due to their extended range, cost 0 energy to use and don't lose their combo when you get nullified.

As for your level 200 point, that's beyond the realms of content that the game is balanced around, and thus has no weight.

If you want a melee tank, then there are simply better options:

Rhino has mobility, tanking and status immunity, crowd control and a damage buff that easily renders the Iron Staff's high damage insignificant.

Nidus has tanking, status immunity and the ability to group enemies up making swinging a Greatsword through them a piece of cake.

Inaros is incredibly tanky without even using an ability, has status immunity via an augment, and can CC and self heal till the cows come home. Can also cause enemies to be open to finishers far more easily than Wukong.

That's not even mentioning the fact that each of these frames also do something for their team as well, Inaros and Nidus can provide CC and healing, Rhino can buff and CC. Wukong, again, does nothing. He is not a good frame at all, he is objectively bad, I hope this clears up why. 

Not rly sure where you coming from sorry. The question was if the Frame was "any good" and he is "ANY GOOD" since of the mentioned points. If you think you dont need immortality fine. Thats your Opinion but as all instances i mentioned where you dont evade, dont cc , you simply just kill the enemy where you want and how you want. You need "tanking" or you wanna tell me your ohhhhh so fun Nova or what ever can stand in way of 3 Napalms on lvl 60+ without moving? rly doubtful.

It doesnt need to appeal to you that his 2 is "just" a kinda immortality but that doesnt make it a bad frame or a frame that isnt fun.

Ppl say same about Valkyr...MEHHH she only uses ult, she only melee, she loses against nullifier. my Zaw XYZ with Riven does more damage.... MIMIMIMIMIMIMI.

A frame is good if you can have fun with it and certainly shooting enemies without caring for anything but "anit-Abillitiy"-Stuff or just Bash them to death with your desired Melee IS GREAT AND IT IS FUN. (maybe not for you, that you are only doing high efficieny farming session or Eidolon Torturing but for others it can be fun).

IF you consider your self a "MAIN" highlight his good and fun parts same as you dish out critism.

Ofc he is not perfect and yes he is a rather selfish Frame but just because of that he isnt a bad frame...

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Even less reason to consider Wukong good because of it. :wink:

As I say in all my threads, Defy needs to do more than just tank, because that's simply not useful enough.

You do have a point with Ash. You could argue perhaps that his augments actually make him okay for a co-op experience, with his armour remove and team invisibility that doesn't detract from the game unlike Wukong's. I'm not actually going to argue it given I don't actually know enough about Ash, but I'm sure a case could be made for it.

Fair point. Ash has some co-op niches like the index.

Wukong can do a fair amount of damage with his augments, namely Primal Rage -although seemingly less damage now after the exalted weapon split, like a few other frames- but I mainly prefer him for the immortal gun play as a different play style to Valkyr's melee only. Downside to this is you do need a life strike weapon to take full advantage of it and it detracts from the fun having to swap to melee, hit, swap back to primary/secondary weapons. 

His 1 is only decent for clearing enemies from blocking the hallways but even in this case killing them is often just as quick.
His 3 is, well, useless as mentioned earlier. Not sure why it triggers the lasers/cameras, maybe that could be a decent change. 

He does do well against Corpus also, although whenever a Nullifier shows up it takes a while to deal with using his 4. But with reach mods and only using the first three attacks of quick melee, they go down safely. 

5 hours ago, Cruelitas said:

A frame is good if you can have fun with it

Yes, I literally stated that in my first post here. Shocking I know.

I'm not going to argue with you though, because frankly after reading your post the idea of attempting a rational argument with you and getting "MIMIMIMIMI" in response fills me with dread, I have no patience for it today.

I'll just say, as I said in my post you obviously didn't read, that Wukong is a good frame for fun, but not a good frame if you want something useful.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MrMrs:

Fair point. Ash has some co-op niches like the index.

Objectively speaking, while he is a melee frame he's also a nuker and supporter. The group invisibility is one thing, shuriken that attack enemies within 60 meters, trough walls, doing 500 damage base and 2,2k dot while they indeed depell armor qualify him as such... it's about as effective as pre-nerf WoF has been while the armor depel is one among a very few things that support other nukers as well.

That kinda category usually counts as Co-op frames with less group utility then him so i at least wouldn't call him a pure solo frame. He's just a d/buffing damager with lots of survivability 🤷🏻‍♂️

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Autongnosis:

God my eyes are bleeding. So UGLY 🤢🤢

Wukong is certainly effective at being a melee frame. His 4th is nice even in damage actually, if you set it up properly it can deal pretty hard to reach numbers even for meta melees, other than the truly top ones - you only need an artax for that 😄

And well, i mean the current meta are crit/status hybrids that flow into maiming stuff so he definitly won't beat that, especially if you account for the status and buffs leading to them but he's at least on pure numbers with realtively easy builds that doesn't essencially exlude stuff like life strike.

It's decent enough for him to bring numbers across levels where his survivability counts and that's all that matters if you ask me.

Il y a 10 heures, ThorienKELL a dit :

And he had some quasi meta nuke build when he would exterminate whole room with the help of syndicate mod and some weapon but I forgot what was it about. 

Ye, the Iron Vault max range build with the Exodia that does the projectile thing and Cloudwalker right after to get the 8x stealth multiplier. 

il y a une heure, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

It's decent enough for him to bring numbers across levels where his survivability counts and that's all that matters if you ask me.

Ye, it just gets old very quickly. It's sad he's been in that state for so long. Also also, he has so many broken modding interactions with mods not effecting skills either because of bugs or because of questionable design decisions. 

Also I'm still mad he gets cloudwalker instead of some turning into a rock or cloning itself skills. The actual Wukong has a very interesting skillset in Chinese mithology. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Autongnosis:

Also I'm still mad he gets cloudwalker instead of some turning into a rock or cloning itself skills. The actual Wukong has a very interesting skillset in Chinese mithology. 

I mean his original design was on spot... I mention this quite frequently in wukong threads but let me say this here too: his cloudwalker was supposed to be a perma-Cc ability for enemies in range that provides movement speed greater then parcour and holds your combo counter. It was supposed to be eather a tactical stunlock or a way to carry along your combo counter even before combo mods made theyr way into the game.

His primal fury was supposed to have... well, lets say at least the range of a min/maxed version of a current zaw, not just a melee weapon but rather a tool of mass destruction before riven mods.

He was supposed to be a excellent exalted weapon user that provides a wide range of possibilitys but was nerfed to the state he is in now before his release for whatever reason there was....i'd assume balancing reasons before they thought "f*** it" and broke it anyways.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

I mean his original design was on spot... I mention this quite frequently in wukong threads but let me say this here too: his cloudwalker was supposed to be a perma-Cc ability for enemies in range that provides movement speed greater then parcour and holds your combo counter. It was supposed to be eather a tactical stunlock or a way to carry along your combo counter even before combo mods made theyr way into the game.

His primal fury was supposed to have... well, lets say at least the range of a min/maxed version of a current zaw, not just a melee weapon but rather a tool of mass destruction.

He was supposed to be a excellent exalted weapon user that provides a wide range of possibilitys but was nerfed to the state he is in now before his release for whatever reason there was.

I still think something is borked in the range calculations. I refuse to accept it's intentional that stackong range mods both on frame and on staff doesn't even give you 4m striking range 😐

Also, ye, the original design for cloudwalker is way better thinking about it. 

If i could dream, get cloudwalker back to where it started, make defy spawn a clone of yourself that draws aggro and fix the range of primal fury and he'll be actually fun 😐

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Autongnosis:

I still think something is borked in the range calculations. I refuse to accept it's intentional that stackong range mods both on frame and on staff doesn't even give you 4m striking range 😐

Also, ye, the original design for cloudwalker is way better thinking about it. 

If i could dream, get cloudwalker back to where it started, make defy spawn a clone of yourself that draws aggro and fix the range of primal fury and he'll be actually fun 😐

The fun thing is that there was even a vote in the design council that favored a movement speed augument for cloud walker by a big percentage... with that augument we could've at least had that aspect of him but they decidet against it despise the results so you can safely assume that anything they did with him was intentional...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108