Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Improvements for the Plains of Eidolon

Schmerdvana

Since Fortuna is nearing, my concern is that PoE will be left behind. These are just some of my suggestions of improvements that can be added to the Plains.

1. NPCs on the Plains
By the nothingness that the Plains provide; Fishermen, Miners, and Hunters for example can be added. It will give it some life. Not just some annoying grineers. There could also be a non-bounty/incursion type of play where we help some of them escape from them. Like in Skyrim where NPCs suddenly enounters enemies then start a fight.

2. Access through Navigation from the Plains
The statement stands for itself. However, it is only available when the player is currently not under a bounty or incursion. Going back to Cetus is a pain. Cetus is the place where my fps drops.

3. Enemy difficulty rises the more the players in a party.
They have mentioned that it is dangerous to run at night since the enemies are more difficult, but the only thing i do at night is hunt Eidolons. Maybe their levels increases the more the player.
To be honest, difficulty is one of the things Warframe lacks.

4. To have more players in a party.
It's an open world. At least that's how they advertised it. But 4 players are too small for an Open World.

5. Players can accept more than one Bounty at a time.
-Bounties will have a number of players needed indicated in it. (Eidolon hunts will retain the 4 player party)
-There can be more than one bounty accepted;
-There can be more than one Incursion while in the Plains since there are more players. 
-And like classic mmorpg, there are like a quest bar on the UI that indicates the bounties/incursions they have.

6. A save point in the Plains
I don't want to go back to Cetus all the time to save my loots from disappearing once [host migration] happens then never get reconnected. I heard that Fortuna will have this NPC where one can accept bounties while in Fortuna. This is good, but i'm worried about the migration.

7. Seasonal Change
Just aesthetic on my part. But what if Plains and Cetus is linked to the real world about its season. Like Pokemon, there seasons depending on the time of the year. I don't know if this is applicable because of the lore stuff. But maybe? lol

8. Safe Area
I know Cetus is the safe area. But i mean like the MH games. There is this camp where the player can restock his equipments. 
They could put here the save point i was talking about.

9. Different Assassination targets
I mean the whole star chart has different bosses with different ways to defeat them. The plains assassination target sucks, like The Sergeant. They could at least put a boss-like enemy here. Even a re-skin of the existing Grineer bosses is acceptable just make it at least challenging enough.

10. A rentable house in Cetus
LOL. Hahahahaha!! I just want one. Where i can decorate like the Landing Craft. This way, i can collect my foundry while in Cetus and have my dog/cat roam around and not always have them in stasis.

I know most/some of this is not possible. But maybe? I just want to voice out my suggestions.

I think there would be issues for some people. A lot already struggle a bit with plains and fps and such with more going on it might become too much for them.

Navigation from would require a save point or something like you said I think in order to save earnings from plains and progress etc.

I would like the house idea where you can get one for standing to decorate. Not sure if there is value added cost/profit wise for DE though.

I sort of view PoE as open world Beta for DE since it was new. I hope that Fortuna has been made better from the mistakes and short comings found in PoE.

3 hours ago, Schmerdvana said:

4. To have more players in a party.
It's an open world. At least that's how they advertised it. But 4 players are too small for an Open World.

Very important to note this was not said to be and is not intended to be an open world change to the game. This is still the same game. With all the performance problems existing and even with all the work done, 8 players for a regular mission is not in the cards at the moment.

DE has routinely said that things they have done for Fortuna and improvements they made between PoE and Fortuna have the possibility of being backported into the Plains. It is simply a matter of time and resources.

3 hours ago, Schmerdvana said:

5. Players can accept more than one Bounty at a time.
-Bounties will have a number of players needed indicated in it. (Eidolon hunts will retain the 4 player party)
-There can be more than one bounty accepted;
-There can be more than one Incursion while in the Plains since there are more players. 
-And like classic mmorpg, there are like a quest bar on the UI that indicates the bounties/incursions they have.

This isn't possible and I don't know how it would become possible given the size of the Plains and how Bounties change the state of the various parts of the Plains.

The only thing that annoys me about plains is the implementation of bounties.

Arch-winging about is all well and good for the first half dozen times - then its just a PITA. IF the missions were better implemented in a short story type way then I feel much of the running about could be done away with.

Imagine going to a camp to find some hidden caches. Thats one part we all know. Then we are spotted and bad guys try to take the area back, that's another mission but its done at the same point in the map, then there's reinforcements and a replacement loot drop, and a plains commander comes in to try to clear things up etc.. etc.. 

Importantly many of these missions would happen at a particular camp on the map so once you get to your area you stay put thus removing the 1km rush to the next point. 

In saying that I am all up for  mixing it up a bit. Some missions would still need a relocate. Things like recovering a prisoner or a lost drone would require some running about, but the odd time here and there would be a welcome change but rush 500-1000m > fight > repeat until finished gets kinda boring after just a few bounties

16 hours ago, Ecliptix said:

I think there would be issues for some people. A lot already struggle a bit with plains and fps and such with more going on it might become too much for them.

Honestly you can only blame fps issue on yourself, Warframe is not that demanding and if you can't buy a ~150$ graphics card in 2018 (almost 2019), don't expect to be playing all the new titles and new updates. Imagine if Cyberpunk 2077 would need to adapt to a ~2000's pc.

17 hours ago, Schmerdvana said:

1. NPCs on the Plains
By the nothingness that the Plains provide; Fishermen, Miners, and Hunters for example can be added. It will give it some life. Not just some annoying grineers. There could also be a non-bounty/incursion type of play where we help some of them escape from them. Like in Skyrim where NPCs suddenly enounters enemies then start a fight.

I think it's a nice idea. DE could also add some rare vendor/merchant/npc to both Poe and upcoming Fortuna. I think WoW used something similar, that if you find the guy he would sell some rare stuff to you.