Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Amp for TriCap with Void Strike

Kebast

Question

I’ve been running Volt Prime with a 423 amp for a bit now. I’ve done 12 or so TriCaps, with my best being a 3x3 in one night cycle. I generally charge VS during the Teralyst fight if I can, and have no issue one shotting the Gantulyst shield when that fight starts. My issue is with the Hydrolyst. Half the time I do oddly low damage, even with a high VS multiplier. It seems even though I’m shooting at a leg or something, my shot doesn’t really hit. I’ve started just resorting to my primary amp fire for the last fight since the secondary fire is so inconsistent. Am I doing something wrong, or should I be using a different amp for the final fight? Is there a good/better combination that can be used for all 3 fights?

6 answers to this question

I've yet to build the Granmu Prism, so maybe I'll give the 323 a try. After that, think I'll build a 213. That will get me every option I think. Was just hoping for some discussion on why I might be missing shots when it seems like I'm close enough and they hit the target. 

Surely, X23 is the best for Void Strike. It deals high damage and the AoE will also kill any vomvalyst near your/the eidolon. Now, if you want something exclusively to take down shields, X13 is a very solid option as well. You should be using only your Scaffold's shot to take down shields.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Surely, X23 is the best for Void Strike. It deals high damage and the AoE will also kill any vomvalyst near your/the eidolon. Now, if you want something exclusively to take down shields, X13 is a very solid option as well. You should be using only your Scaffold's shot to take down shields.

Yes