Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Events and Tactical Alerts?

Zahnny

I don't mean to sound harsh, but genuinely what happened to Tact alerts and Events? Once over they were the biggest sources of content in warframe and they didn't even require "a whole new update" levels of work. They were engaging, something new even if minimal and for the most part quite fun.

So I have to ask, if we're increasingly going into TF2 levels of content draughts as time goes on, why did DE kill off the biggest threat to content draughts? The only things we get now are just rehashes. And the 10 months between each event we get is becoming more dumbed down everytime we DO get a new event. Ghoul incusions, Plague star. They were advertised as events and even in rehashes they still are, yet aside from one being a forma farm they're pretty worthless to most players past the first time participating.

Tactical Alerts and Events are the perfect padding for content draughts and DE has managed to padd the padding. It doesn't help that ghouls spawn outside of the ghoul incursions that seemingly last a month between downtimes.

If we really have to deal with re-playing tactical alerts and events that have already been why are they all the most recent stuff? I'm sure both vets and new players alike would love it if we went through the oldest tactical alerts through to the newest in continous cycles. If there is a fear that it would "ruin" the nostalgia of old events then imagine how it must feel to see Eyes of Blight Lite, Drool Incursions and Pain Star. Not to mention the Acolyte mods which should've been released seperately from the Acolytes ages ago.

I'm sorry but my theory is DE is so scared of powercreep in Warframe that they're hesitant to give players rewards in more frequent rotations, and if we've seeing reduced lore because it might ruin plans DE has for the future then maybe it just shows how fragile and bad Warframe's lore has become.

I love Warframe but being told I should play other games rather than the game I want to love is just not something I can be happy with. I don't want DE to give up on Warframe.

I've been around for a lot of the old tactical alerts. None were particularly great, and wouldn't be something I'd choose to repeat vs. playing another game (I did enjoy the more recent Ambulas one). Wasn't much "content" either, a few days diversion at best.

Might be nice for new players to get the rewards I guess (and a little more meaningful than just buying from Baro like with the Supra), but my reaction to putting these on rotation would be relief that I did it previously and could skip it.

DE is hardly giving up on WF, I just hope Fortuna is more fun than PoE and it's boring bounties. Stuff I've seen looks promising, but I thought the same about PoE before I'd played it.

You could...do your research a bit before you make such a topic. DE us hard at work on new content to keep the majority happy. Besides, have you seen the scale of Fortuna's update? It's absolutely massive! Something like that takes a lot of time and effort DE is already aware of the so-called drought. Just wait till Wednesday.

Tactical Alerts were very unpopular on the forums and reddit. Every time one popped up, those places would be flooded with declarations that TAs were "worthless", "fake difficulty", "forced participation", "forced specific builds", or were otherwise "band-aid 'content'".

It seems that DE listened to the complaints and more or less discontinued the whole series, instead placing the increased difficulty and special conditions in an optional daily format.

Well I do remember too a few of them, as some Design Council Alerts, were rather trashed on the forums because many people saw them as bad surprises and lame attempts in making "challenging" content in Warframe. I liked them because Iliketosuffer they were original and funny buggish too. I enjoyed getting my ass whooped by a lvl 1000 Stalker (Mission failed).

One of my best memory in the game was the special event of Halloween 2015 or 2016(?) where we were dropped on Earth without any weapon, bare feet and fists, and needed to time explosions of pumpkins piles into the mouth of a giant Juggernaut. Twas fun.