Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Sucks

(PSN)ifihateyou

hace 5 horas, EinheriarJudith dijo:

those who try to delete the room will find themselves wanting. marking is as easy as just aiming a gun. it doesnt take rocket science or any kind of superior cognitive power.

adding that short bit at the end was cute.

Applying marks doesn't require any special cognitive power. Doing so in a way that marks a tile full of enemies in one swipe is.

hace 4 horas, (PS4)big_eviljak dijo:

Now your trolling. Youve been given multiple reasons why ash is a good frame/team frame... you Wont listen.

I never denied the reasons he's good. I'm stating the bad parts that you seem to deny.

hace 3 horas, Xydeth dijo:

are u actually serious ? with attack speed mods its pretty fast, even with primed fury only and on the other hand u can deal tons of finisher damage with those slash proccs. go ahead, complain about the setup, go ahead, but then check out how long equinox needs to really ramp up and then we go back to ash and see how easily he clears rooms. sure equinox isnt as energy hungry on average but still, ash deals a lot of damage much faster. difficult to aim ? if u want to kill anything around u simply do a quick 360° spin and 4 again, done. nothing difficult, nothing clunky, just a quick swipe with the mouse and 1 button press. if u do it right this works for a veeeery long time even solo, ur only real enemies are nullies.

I said already how fast it is. Not enough in general. If you use it constantly in tandem with your weapons you can use it to keep enemy numbers down. But as soon as you had to stop killing for some reason and enemies piled up you better have a good grenade launcher at hand or a solid +Reach Prime melee weapon.

Marking a group of enemies with one swipe? Easy. Marking the armies we face on modes where mass murder is required? that requires higher capabilities. Funny how you consider something that requires (for the general public, not the trained ones) wiggling the mouse back and forth like you're having a seizure isn't clunky.

hace 3 horas, Xydeth dijo:

arguably thats wasting mod slots on a stealth frame imo as mentioned above. keeping zenurik up 24/7 helps. the content where ash starts to be really good, more so than most other frames is not at an enemy lvl where u wanna get hit anymore, otherwise the game is over, especially if u want to wait for energize proccs too. vs lower level enemies where ash can actually take hits i kinda agree, it would solve the issue a bit but at that point u max need 1 stack of bladestorm per enemy and u could still stick to seeking shuriken +weapon too so...there are alternatives. even teleport/fatal teleport does the trick and enemies do in fact drop energy orbs, more so than back in the days when they also had their very old visuals. also, ash is currently at his strongest imo. the problem is that other frames, especially newer ones have gotten stronger and players have more options so he doesnt seem as strong anymore as he used to back in the days, but he sure as hell is, even more.

Actually, with Ash's prime's armor (if modded for it) and blocking you can rage tank for brief periods of time up to lvl150 against infested, grineer and orokin. The problem is that you can't really control how many stacks of bladestorm you apply. It would be better if the ability had no multimark at all and ability level increased the number of clones and damage to make up for it. Or at least make the additional marks cost no additional energy.

Fun facT about Ash's progression: When the Ash Revisited deployed, in the mid U18, he was at his weakest, even weaker than Closed beta Ash, because the revisit was 1 QoL buff and massive nerf to BS that made it detrimental to even use. Nowadays he is arguably the strongest he's ever been in terms of offensive but with very low QoL and 2 pointless augments, whereas previously all of his augments were useful.

All in all, Ash is viable, but can still be improved if the obvious design flaws were adressed. Namely making SShadow and Rising Storm useful, fixing the idiotic interaction between BS and TP, making FT not mandatory to make teleport worth using and a litle visual change to BS.

On 2018-10-10 at 1:22 AM, Nazrethim said:

That only applies if you have a godly weapon able to kill all enemies quickly, because as far as his abilities go it's very very slow. Of course, that is on lvl ranges of 40+. And the nerf was completely unnecesary, as using it on certain NPCs was it's primary use because players rarely need that much protection. And it's a PITA to maintain because A) it's too short and B) it's range is pitiful and C) you can't expect your team to glue themselves to you in this high mobility game for that augment to be really effective.

Your gripes about the range make sense (i'd also like to see smoke shadow range modifiable or affinuty range tied), but ash doesn't need some god tier weapon to keep up the kps. Up till level 200 or so, he IS the god tiered weapon. Just use him with a viral lenz and shoot enemies on the pod every once in a while, and you'll be set. Now, if you're trying to do a 100 wave defense or something, nothing Ash can do will keep them off the pod... and that's an inherent shortcoming of the frame from day one, previously buffed smoke shadow or not.

Edited by Handstamp

hace 1 hora, Handstamp dijo:

Your gripes about the range make sense (i'd also like to see smoke shadow range modifiable or affinuty range tied), but ash doesn't need some god tier weapon to keep up the kps. Up till level 200 or so, he IS the god tiered weapon. Just use him with a viral lenz and shoot enemies on the pod every once in a while, and you'll be set.

A Viral Lenz is the kind of powerful F*ck The World weapon I was talkin about. Ash simply lacks a quick mass murder tool, BS is fast, but not fast enough. Either the marking needs to be faster (by that I mean a larger reticle) or the execution needs to be quicker (4 clones instead of 2). Only one of those two though.

hace 1 hora, Handstamp dijo:

Now, if you're trying to do a 100 wave defense or something, nothing Ash can do will keep them off the pod... and that's an inherent shortcoming of the frame from day one, previously buffed smoke shadow or not.

If ye paid attention you would have noticed that I don't want SShadow to conceal pods, that was okay for me, my gripe is with the unfair nerfs he got for no dam reason. Which is kinda a thing DE enjoys doing to Ash apparently, as the only buffs that came to BS recently came because the ability was straight detrimental to use.