Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"running Uses More Oxygen"

Wellwisher

I believed it for two runs. Then i went solo and did my own testing. Its not like it was totally illogical to believe it...We have stamina meters, so they could have easily linked them to the oxygen supply somehow. Eventually to disprove it to everyone i had them all stand still and hold block, They finally realized it wasn't true. But wouldn't it be just like DE to drop something odd like that in, just to keep us on our toes?

You are correct, running does not consume more oxygen. However I will flame you for running round killing stuff that leaves the drops scattered all around the room as you kill less while running and we kill less while running to the drops you created far from us.

There is an exception. Ember most certainly does kill things faster while running. The faster her WoF moves over waves of enemies, the faster new enemies come in contact with it and toast. Granted this only holds true till about lvl 110 or so, but for a while it certainly works. The trick for me was to Zoren into a group, WoF, then Zoren to another group. That way all the pickups were in two groups, not scattered. After WoF stops killing light infested super quick, Then i just stood on Pillars and sniped while WoF was going. WoF kills light infested, leaving my weapons free to concentrate on Ancients.

Chat. Don't have a screenie. All he said was 'Moving doesn't have anything to do with oxygen drain.'

There really wasn't much to research in the early rush. It seemed perfectly correct that 4 players moving drained faster due to the kinks in the drop rates that existed early on.

I guess it just goes to show how correct Science is when they claim people will invent patterns out of thin air to answer questions they can't otherwise explain.

Win.

Chat. Don't have a screenie. All he said was 'Moving doesn't have anything to do with oxygen drain.'

There really wasn't much to research in the early rush. It seemed perfectly correct that 4 players moving drained faster due to the kinks in the drop rates that existed early on.

I guess it just goes to show how correct Science is when they claim people will invent patterns out of thin air to answer questions they can't otherwise explain.

19cb52_ancient-aliens.jpg

technically running takes more oxygen because enemies spawn only while out of sight range. if everyone is running around, there are less places for enemies to spawn therefore less oxygen is being generated. that and your kill speed while running is lower than your standing around killing, and the sooner you kill a mob, the sooner it can respawn. combine the two and theres less oxygen being dropped AND spawns rate is slower therefore running around reduces oxygen faster!

technically running takes more oxygen because enemies spawn only while out of sight range. if everyone is running around, there are less places for enemies to spawn therefore less oxygen is being generated. that and your kill speed while running is lower than your standing around killing, and the sooner you kill a mob, the sooner it can respawn. combine the two and theres less oxygen being dropped AND spawns rate is slower therefore running around reduces oxygen faster!

I get your logic and I agree,however were talking about its rate alone not other factors like picking up oxygen/killing enemies so unless running around increases the speed of how the bar decreases it does not make the O2 finish quicker .

Edited by XSuzumeX