Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] So.. should I go dark?

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

I've been avoiding watching my favourite Warframe streamers and Youtubers lately since I learned that there's a new quest on this recent update, which I already spoiled a bit since I tuned in to a streamer earlier on without knowing that and basically caught bits of the end of the quest ( I turned it off quickly eheheh..  ).

Quick question for the PC community, is this quest worth it to go dark and avoid warframe content out there for now so I don't spoil it? I've read that it's (just?) a prologue, so not entirely sure if I should even bother with waiting one month.

If it's something like the other Prologue ( the one where we had to touch Lotus helm ) I don't really care that much, but is it? .. 

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx
Added spoilers prefix

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

If it's something like the other Prologue ( the one where we had to touch Lotus helm ) I don't really care that much, but is it? .. 

Discussions around this need a spoiler tag. So you do not spoil it for others.

Spoiler

The quest is just a prologue. Similar to the other one. It is interesting though. 

I do not think you will lose much by spoiling it for yourself. There is additional lore things and such, but not much else.

It's funny because of all game content I follow only the Warframe community is religiously focused on the avoiding of spoiling content for others. This is shown with Youtubers and Twitch streamers being very vocal about what content they are doing. This parallels most the staff at DE when going over content to an extent. However I do not share this sentiment for people who are "behind" in story content.
I get you wanting to view it at your pace, however this responsibility is yours to maintain and other people will not do things at your pace. What's hilarious is you did exactly that with spoiling content by talking about a certain someone and made no indication of a spoiler tag. People want to talk and speculate on what is a recent development, so yes I would say if you are looking to see things at a different pace is to avoid major streamers and youtubers for a bit until you have caught up.
Still think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill, but to each their own.

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Discussions around this need a spoiler tag. So you do not spoil it for others.

I don't see how mentioning that there's another Prologue quest is spoiling anything, specially considering that it shows on the Codex and all.

There's no "spoilers" tag to add that I can see, so I just prefixed the subject. Hope that works for now.

8 minutes ago, Inspector said:

however this responsibility is yours to maintain and other people will not do things at your pace

For sure, not even disputing that, I just want to have an idea if it's worth the effort. Apparently it's not.

9 minutes ago, Inspector said:

Still think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill, but to each their own

Correct, each their own.

I absolutely loved to be surprised by several quests in the game, such as Second Dream, War Within, Sacrifice, Chains of Harrow ( not so much the quest but the surprise after ), and I very much want to experience that again, which is why I try to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

I realise a lot of people don't really care about this, but I do, which is why I was asking for advice.

Just now, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I don't see how mentioning that there's another Prologue quest is spoiling anything

Oh, I just quoted the relevant bit I was referring to. The stuff in my spoiler box related to the quote. The spoiler tag was more, you need one if you are discussing new quests.