Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling on controller for PC

Excurssio

Same here. If you go into the controls, it shows they moved it to, get this, left arrow. It still doesn't work, but that's where it's listed to be.

Also DE why did you change the gear wheel select from X to A? It's so annoying having had that control set like that for so long only to have it suddenly change.

I've tried customizing it but it doesn't appear to change a thing.

Yeah I'm having the same problem, and I'm not sure I want to set my channeling to where it was before without touching anything else on the screen showing me a bunch of assigned controls which aren't actually taking place out of fear of having all those changes take effect the moment I'd ''Save my one output that I manually changed'' out of the bunch. I mean, I guess I could reconfigure every single functions manually to be sure, but I'd like to avoid having to do that because 1) not sure if it would work and 2) I don't think I should have to ;)

I don't think this is actually just a controller problem, as there is a condition that prevents channeling on MKB as well.  Basically, you cannot channel, or turn channeling on if you have the option set to toggle in options, if you are doing anything else.  You can only channel when not pushing anything other button (this includes any movement button).

Using toggle to get around this wouldn't be such a big deal, but you can turn channeling off while pushing other buttons.

See if you can channel while standing still with your controller.  If you can, then the behavior is affecting both MKB & controllers, which should help DE track down the cause.

I still see the option to activate channeling on what used to be my 3rd ability on controller setup... and I can channel while moving if I press left arrow on my controller with the option set to toggle!

Edited by BWS-1

And the next one with a channeling problem.
MS X-Box 360 Controller (wired)
Windows 10
I alrdy tried to re-set the bindings -> not working.
Plz [DE] fix this. Or gimme access and I'll fix it on my own - for free.

temporary solution: I'm not using melee weapons where I have to channel anymore.

Greetings: Revan

I'm using gamepad on PC and have channeling set to right trigger, where it still works. Can't block though, which I have set to left trigger.

It took a lot of fiddling to get my gamepad controls where I like them. There are a lot of rules set up where a melee button won't work depending on what shooting actions are mapped to the same button, might be something like this behind it.

Been experiencing this same issue.  Using a wired 360 controller, and I have reservations as well about adjusting the bindings in the event it made everything worse. I personally don't channel very often, now the option is unavailable until this is sorted..

Edited by Ergosensi

Hey I think I just found a way to fix the bug that renders melee channeling and blocking to not work, I just reset to default settings and go and put everything back to the way I want it and I can now block and channel but that’s just what worked for me, I’m not sure if it will work for you. 

Edited by ZetaZzim

5 hours ago, ZetaZzim said:

Hey I think I just found a way to fix the bug that renders melee channeling and blocking to not work, I just reset to default settings and go and put everything back to the way I want it and I can now block and channel but that’s just what worked for me, I’m not sure if it will work for you. 

I will try your suggestion tonight. I can now activate channeling when sprinting thanks to yesterday's hotfix. I am still unable to block, aim glide or wall latch with a controller while on Melee.

On 2018-10-19 at 1:36 AM, ZetaZzim said:

Thank you very much!! This worked for me. I'm now able to aim glide, wall latch and block while on melee mode!! Thanks!!

Edited by Jarriaga

En 19/10/2018 a las 0:36, ZetaZzim dijo:

this worked like a charm!!!! thanks man

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-19 at 1:36 AM, ZetaZzim said:

That did not work for my partner.  After some lucky troubleshooting revealing that the problem was specific to the install rather than the account/player, we found something that did: delete the settings folder entirely (User/AppData/Local/Warframe).

DE must have corrupted the settings in some strange unreliable way with the Chimera update.