Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Seriously Getting Tired Of Power Creep.

R3leaZ

Well the Strun Wraith has been released. And together with Snipetron Vandal, Prime Weapons and the complete uselessness of some weapons out there *cough* Long Swords *cough*. I feel like the balance in this game is going full re**rd. Really... What happened to sidegrades?

Braton Vandal has been made "equal" to Braton eventually due to people disliking how it was exclusive and not available anymore and that gave them a feeling that their Braton would have been forever inferior. Thus they brought Braton up to the level of Brandal and then nerfed the critical rate of Brandal.

So after nerfing one exclusive power creep you decide to make new exclusive weapons and make them power creeps all over again? Seriously? Talking about learning from your mistakes.

Edited by R3leaZ

Yea

The worst part is "Power Creeping" frames.

Some people like Nova to be overpowered because she is so hard to get, for example... and Ember / Volt are sitting here like.. "Dude."

If power creep continues to be an issue in a PvE game *Which yes, PvE can still have power creep, use logic instead of calling us nerfers* then it could be detrimental to the market of Warframe *Why buy anything other then the best weapon?* and ruin the amount that players want to buy future additions for their weapons *I no longer potato or forma anything that isn't vandal, wraith, or prime*

I do slightly feel this way, however... Strun Wraith is what Strun USED to just better by a honestly small margin. When Strun took the nerf that imo it didn't need it became S#&$, we had to deal with no viable crit shotgun for us crit build lovers for sooo long, Snipertron Vandal was a needed buff for Snipertron imo because Snipertron was honestly kinda horrid. Same went for the old Strun, it was honestly lets be frank... kinda terrible. Yeah it was cool to use and it was pretty fun to see the crits on a shotty and all but it was just not as viable as it used to be. Now we have Strun Wraith, which is honestly awesome. My Sobek will still always out it in crown control aspects and Hek is kinda derped as of now because Sobek had already replaced it. And to be honest, Primes were already kinda taking over and I guess it makes sense for the work needed to get them in a way, it's a grind oriented game and as they said in the beginning, the best guns will require work to get, and they kinda didn't lie about that.

They will stop with power creep, but is seems that people love it so they just keep doing that.

When they see that is not going good they will stop, but until then we are doomed on power creep.

And i feel kinda sorry of all those new players, they still have to level up those old weapons and frames.

Edited by histori

They will stop with power creep, but is seems that people love it so they just keep doing that.

When they see that is not going good they will stop, but until then we are doomed on power creep.

This is mostly because we users send such bipolar signals. On the one hand, a large portion are ok with it. On the other hand, an equally large portion are unhappy with it. DE is facing something that all developers face: the inability to impress everyone.

At this point, I am neutral and just don't care anymore. The mixed signals have long since fried my brain.

Some of the items might be better then the rest and could be fixed, however, i would like to see you try to balance this game to the standards you are asking for because that is just dumb if you want this perfect balance of every weapon. now if you say "thats not what im saying" well yes it is because lets think of it this way; everyone weapon is perfect and balanced, now lets say you disagree with that and now i promote one weapon or 2 or 5 or 10 or 50, just not all weapons to the next level, then you still have the imba that you are talking about, for example all long swords are pos and those are below all the other weapons just like if they promoted 25 melee and left the long swords thats actually the exact same thing.

And DE still doesn't listen. 

Oh btw here for you.

tumblr_mq3xg1QCTB1sxud2go1_400.gif

They don't need to listen, from the beginning of the game they stated that the BEST Guns and weps ingame would only be available through grinding and ingame content, from what I've seen they've stayed completely true to there word. Side Upgrades? They get old fast and cause people to quit rather then stay. Flat Upgrades or "Tiers" give people reason to continue if they like a certain set of guns because they want to get to the next Tier, why the hell do you think games like CoD etc keep people playing for so long? They give you constant content for the longer you play which is better then the previous set. It's the same case here and I see no problem with it as it's something almost every game has and some do better then others, so far Warframes in the "Better then others" category as they do indeed listen to the community still for certain things and primarily know what they're doing it seems.

The Strun Wraith is a one time exclusive thing players can never get again, which is a straight upgrade from the original Strun.

The original Strun was not touched, at all.

The Wraith was made available through the event for everyone that did the event, so available that it might as well be a buffed strun for everyone.

The wraith may or may not be a one time thing for future players.

why the hell do you think games like CoD etc keep people playing for so long? They give you constant content for the longer you play which is better then the previous set.

They don't. Where the hell are you getting this information? Do you actually play the game?

Edited by R3leaZ

Hey it was late, i couldn't think of a good name >.<

Oh he keeps deleting my posts...

is it an admin? what could u have said to get it deleted.. now tbh thats a dumb question cause im guessing he has a bias towards you and is using his power to piss you off. that is why immature kids (or adults) should not get too much power..

They don't. Where the hell are you getting this information? Do you actually play the game?

hahahah thank you R3 (seriously with the numbers guys, stop that) COD is for dumb people, and i will explain it for the slightly smarter people who have not realized because i cant talk COD players out of playing that pos game, and for the smart people who already know, well who cares.

The perfect way to put this game ----- Idiocracy now here is what im talking about, they produce this same piece of S#&amp;&#036; game over and over and over, changing the smallest S#&amp;&#036; possible and PUSHING IT OUT TO DUMB PEOPLE!! they then buy that game and spend another $60.

they push these @(*()&#036; games out faster than babies, and that's not a hyperbole, these games come out about every 6 months and they just dont stop.. i have played black ops because a friend had it, then i say BO2 and the level nuke town, now i thought it was an update of a bus animation or something, then i realized that it was a different @(*()&#036; game.

again i am not telling the people who play COD to stop, because if they knew it was bad they would have an edumacation and know that they gotta stop paying $60 bucks after $60!!!

RANT OVER!!!

They don't need to listen, from the beginning of the game they stated that the BEST Guns and weps ingame would only be available through grinding and ingame content, from what I've seen they've stayed completely true to there word. Side Upgrades? They get old fast and cause people to quit rather then stay. Flat Upgrades or "Tiers" give people reason to continue if they like a certain set of guns because they want to get to the next Tier, why the hell do you think games like CoD etc keep people playing for so long? They give you constant content for the longer you play which is better then the previous set. It's the same case here and I see no problem with it as it's something almost every game has and some do better then others, so far Warframes in the "Better then others" category as they do indeed listen to the community still for certain things and primarily know what they're doing it seems.

I agree with this. Having power tiers as well as sidegrades is a great idea, and seems to be what DE is trying to do.

Thing is, they need to start focusing on using Mastery levels to create these power tiers. Put the sidegrades together in certain mastery levels. I don't see why anyone would be angry with this system. You get variety no matter what rank you're at while also rewarded for gaining mastery ranks.

hahahah thank you R3 (seriously with the numbers guys, stop that) COD is for dumb people, and i will explain it for the slightly smarter people who have not realized because i cant talk COD players out of playing that pos game, and for the smart people who already know, well who cares.

The perfect way to put this game ----- Idiocracy now here is what im talking about, they produce this same piece of S#&$ game over and over and over, changing the smallest S#&$ possible and PUSHING IT OUT TO DUMB PEOPLE!! they then buy that game and spend another $60.

they push these @(*()$ games out faster than babies, and that's not a hyperbole, these games come out about every 6 months and they just dont stop.. i have played black ops because a friend had it, then i say BO2 and the level nuke town, now i thought it was an update of a bus animation or something, then i realized that it was a different @(*()$ game.

again i am not telling the people who play COD to stop, because if they knew it was bad they would have an edumacation and know that they gotta stop paying $60 bucks after $60!!!

RANT OVER!!!

Agreed on most parts but it's a bit rude lol. The game itself is still very solid but yes every CoD they release now just feels like a DLC to me.

About the numbers in the name. Just call me Release if you don't like it lol. I had this name for almost 10 years in gaming and with making art.

Edited by R3leaZ

Tiers aren't the answer. They're a design shortcut. In an ideal circumstance everything would be useful in some respect. Certain things might complete a task more efficiently than others, but they would do so at some cost.

Agreed.

Nothing but side-grades makes me go "What's the point?" when yet another weapon gets released that is basically the same thing as we already have.

Many players (including myself) want PROGRESSION.

I have the Acrid.

I want something better than the Acrid, or at least comparable to it, because face it... using the same gun for weeks, months, gets OLD.

But yet, if DE took the OP's suggestion, we'd never get another comparable gun to the Acrid, and we'd be forced to, yes, continue using Acrid or Despair.

I don't want to be using the same weapons and frames forever. I want new stuff that actually matters. I mean look at the Vasto (and Dual Vastos). Oooo, nice flashy little toys.... that do far less damage than my Acrid. Basically a "level to 30 and let em collect dust" item, like most other guns before them were.

And here comes the Strun Wraith.

The Strun Wraith actually does enough damage and performs well enough to actually compete with other "top guns", and well, I LOVE IT.

I love having something new that is actually GOOD and not a "meh, level to 30 and toss" weapon.

Nothing but side-grades makes me go "What's the point?" when yet another weapon gets released that is basically the same thing as we already have.

Many players (including myself) want PROGRESSION.

I have the Acrid.

I want something better than the Acrid, or at least comparable to it, because face it... using the same gun for weeks, months, gets OLD.

But yet, if DE took the OP's suggestion, we'd never get another comparable gun to the Acrid, and we'd be forced to, yes, continue using Acrid or Despair.

I don't want to be using the same weapons and frames forever. I want new stuff that actually matters. I mean look at the Vasto (and Dual Vastos). Oooo, nice flashy little toys.... that do far less damage than my Acrid. Basically a "level to 30 and let em collect dust" item, like most other guns before them were.

And here comes the Strun Wraith.

The Strun Wraith actually does enough damage and performs well enough to actually compete with other "top guns", and well, I LOVE IT.

I love having something new that is actually GOOD and not a "meh, level to 30 and toss" weapon.

Totally agree. Better weapons first, stronger enemies second. That's how every DLC system works. And while it's a total "failure and making money from the air", it works not only for money. Just look at the gameplay hour's counter, it's rolling to 3/4 digits because of this.