Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enceladus, The Ancients' Homeworld

Magnum417

Has anyone noticed that the ancients had to come from somewhere and the infested are affected by parasites. So what if the ancients had a homeworld, a place where they lived before the parasites took over and infested them all. 

Well my idea is how about we use the moon Enceladus as apparently, it's an actual place that may or may not support life. There would be ruins of the ancient structures, plant life, some water, but of course ruins and infested plantations. Since there isn't much you can do here, my idea is what if you made exterminate missions, capture missions where you have to capture certain ancients to take for research and to understand more about the source of the infested. There would be raids to get some artifacts there that aren't exactly orokin but it's artifacts to show that they had some form of technology. Since cryopods are apparently everywhere, defense missions will of course be there. Maybe there will also be some sabotage missions from the Grineer or Corpus that tried to visit there. 

Since Corpus and Grineer probably didn't originate from there, there should be an abundance of Ancients, yes, but that would be a pain for everyone as you would have to fight hordes of ancient disruptors, healers, and even toxics. So what if the infested.... infested feral life forms? You made other types of enemies for phobos only, why not do the same for Enceladus? Now I don't want to get crazy with ideas for feral life there because that would be pushing it too far, but I thought it would be interesting to see other kind of animal like life forms.

For each planet, there should be a boss, right? Well my idea for a boss, is an infested Tenno. Plenty of Tenno have died countless times, well why hasn't one been infested? What if for a boss, there was an infested Rhino. The boss would be bigger then the average Rhino, yield no shields, have a good amount of health and definitely a good amount of armor as it's a Rhino. It would also be able to use psuedo-abilities which where it will be like the Rhino's but it's not the same as the infested can't take full control of the powers. The Rhino will be able to charge at the Tenno, knocking the person he's targeting back dealing damage to them and knocking down anyone else in the way. He could slam the ground, causing everyone to fall over and deal damage to their shields. When his health reaches down halfway, he would unleash a roar and move even faster and deal even more damage. What would he attack with though? He would attack with his own fists or he would pick up something like an explosive barrel or rip a chunk out of the ground at throw it at the Tenno if they are out of reach.

Why have an infested Tenno though? I thought it would be amusing as it's never really happen though and it would be very neat to fight. I may edit this, give better details but I have a feeling most people might not like it. I thought it would be a pretty cool idea though, seeing where the ancients came from.

Pretty sure the ancients might be either

A. Orokin

B. Sentients that attacked Orokin, and therefore the Orokin used virus to infect Sentients and turn them into Infested... and maybe the sentients had a foothold fort in the solar system which may be the core hive that the Infested have collected themselves in...

The Ancients do come from somewhere. The Orokin made them as a bio-weapon to fight The Sentients. The Tenno came next as handlers, and since they where both created with the Technocyte (or from the Technocyte, depending on interpretation) the Tenno are immune to further infection.

Just to be clear I'm not saying that must be the case, but that's the lore so far.

Im pretty sure Ancients are just that, old as hell. Got big enough and absorbed enough matter that it just said screw it, doing my own thing. They even say in Dark Sector that "the longer they are infested, the harder their armor is." And Tenno were never the "handlers" at all. Tenno were just an accident from the technocyte plague, an anomaly started when Hayden Tenno was infected and resisted it taking over his mind. If you;re gonna try to do the lore crap, go play Dark Sector FIRST.

Edited by Sev1107

The Ancients do come from somewhere. The Orokin made them as a bio-weapon to fight The Sentients. The Tenno came next as handlers, and since they where both created with the Technocyte (or from the Technocyte, depending on interpretation) the Tenno are immune to further infection.

Just to be clear I'm not saying that must be the case, but that's the lore so far.

Actually Tenno came first during the war. Then the Orokin were like ok... this isn't working *stuff Tenno in stasis* Plan B! INFESTATION!!! Can't remember where I saw it may have been in game lore, or website lore, maybe even listening to the Lotus talk about it after killing golem, and phorid, or before...

Im pretty sure Ancients are just that, old as hell. Got big enough and absorbed enough matter that it just said screw it, doing my own thing. They even say in Dark Sector that "the longer they are infested, the harder their armor is." And Tenno were never the "handlers" at all. Tenno were just an accident from the technocyte plague, an anomaly started when Hayden Tenno was infected and resisted it taking over his mind. If you;re gonna try to do the lore crap, go play Dark Sector FIRST.

Always felt the infection was actually a breeding ground set up by the agency hence the Lotus symbols being everywhere, even on the suits which came from a submarine, which came from the United Stats which is also where the Agency came from. Meaning they knew it would create the perfect warrior. Infact for some reason Nadia was already Nemesis before hand. Which she then through controlled infection infected Hayden which made the First Tenno... which later led to him wearing the second Warframe(as to if there was warframes before is unknown). Also he didn't resist it taking over is mind. Hayden has a high endurance rate against pain which the transformation is so painful it drives people insane, but it didn't for hayden due to his pain resistance. Then before the infection full consumed his body while Mezner was trying to control him he injected himself with a chemical that kills the virus, and would have killed him if it wasn't for the other guy having healed him of that Anti-Virus which halted further evolution by the virus in Hayden's Body.

The Ancients I am pretty sure are either Orokin, or Sentients, or possibly random species that got caught in the cross fire of the war.

The Ancients are just Old Grampa infested that is all. Ancients are those who have Absorbed enough matter over a long period of time.

They could also have been left overs from the last war.

Pretty sure its just left overs from the last war...

Actually Tenno came first during the war. Then the Orokin were like ok... this isn't working *stuff Tenno in stasis* Plan B! INFESTATION!!! Can't remember where I saw it may have been in game lore, or website lore, maybe even listening to the Lotus talk about it after killing golem, and phorid, or before...

Always felt the infection was actually a breeding ground set up by the agency hence the Lotus symbols being everywhere, even on the suits which came from a submarine, which came from the United Stats which is also where the Agency came from. Meaning they knew it would create the perfect warrior. Infact for some reason Nadia was already Nemesis before hand. Which she then through controlled infection infected Hayden which made the First Tenno... which later led to him wearing the second Warframe(as to if there was warframes before is unknown). Also he didn't resist it taking over is mind. Hayden has a high endurance rate against pain which the transformation is so painful it drives people insane, but it didn't for hayden due to his pain resistance. Then before the infection full consumed his body while Mezner was trying to control him he injected himself with a chemical that kills the virus, and would have killed him if it wasn't for the other guy having healed him of that Anti-Virus which halted further evolution by the virus in Hayden's Body.

The Ancients I am pretty sure are either Orokin, or Sentients, or possibly random species that got caught in the cross fire of the war.

Yeah, i was just being lazy and didnt care to put a wall of text. :P

Not really. I'd give it about a 35% out of 100. Functional gameplay that gets repetitive quickly, one gimmick weapon that just isn't interesting enough to carry the game, a bland generic storyline with no surprises or ineresting characters. It's only saving grace was the art style. Everything else was phoned in at best.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Not really. I'd give it about a 35% out of 100. Functional gameplay that gets repetitive quickly, one gimmick weapon that just isn't interesting enough to carry the game, a bland generic storyline with no surprises or ineresting characters. It's only saving grace was the art style. Everything else was phoned in at best.

Repetitive? The game is pretty damn hard... and requires an extreme amount of skill. Were you playing it in easy or what?

Ancients were built by the Orokin to fight off the Sentients.

And the Ancients we see are the ones built by the orokin, not adult Leapers or Chargers, they should have no relation.

Now a planet with old infested entities that are so old they made their own society through evolution. That could work.

Ancients were built by the Orokin to fight off the Sentients.

And the Ancients we see are the ones built by the orokin, not adult Leapers or Chargers, they should have no relation.

Now a planet with old infested entities that are so old they made their own society through evolution. That could work.

Either

A. the infested left over on earth survived and evolved in secret

B. The US the ones who sent the infection by submarine to Russia kept it alive in a secret lab possibly experimenting on it more up till the Orokin era where the Orokin took over, or the US launched the infection into space to find out if it could survive out there.

C. The Lotus is an ancient Alien AI similar to the Pilot species that controlled the Xenomorphs from Aliens and had created, and bred the infection, and sent to earth long ago where the US got their hands on it. By easily containing the situation before it got out of hand. Experimented on it, and then sent it to Russia to find out what happens when it mass infects. Under controlled circumstances with some knowledge that it does create super soliders, and that they learned this when Nadia Sudek was infected at a young age during a breakout of the infection that the US contained swiftly. From that incident they learned how it works and sent it to Russia to see if they could create another super solider. To their dismay it didn't work so they had Hayden sent there as their ideal candidate for some reason to become a super soldier and it was a success.

C. The Lotus is an ancient Alien AI similar to the Pilot species that controlled the Xenomorphs from Aliens and had created, and bred the infection, and sent to earth long ago where the US got their hands on it. By easily containing the situation before it got out of hand. Experimented on it, and then sent it to Russia to find out what happens when it mass infects. Under controlled circumstances with some knowledge that it does create super soliders, and that they learned this when Nadia Sudek was infected at a young age during a breakout of the infection that the US contained swiftly. From that incident they learned how it works and sent it to Russia to see if they could create another super solider. To their dismay it didn't work so they had Hayden sent there as their ideal candidate for some reason to become a super soldier and it was a success.

This game has no relation to Dark Sector. Steve just wanted to tug at fanboy heart strings.

If anything this game should have it's own prequel. 

This game has no relation to Dark Sector. Steve just wanted to tug at fanboy heart strings.

If anything this game should have it's own prequel. 

I still think Dark Sector makes a good prequel no matter what... but then again C. Can still be done without using Dark Sector as well...