Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith Is A Little Insulting

Neuhnee

Too easy to get?

Nice lies or let me guess. You used Rhino, Saryn or Nova on that various event? Pff piss with those warframes they pretty pathetic if we think how much skill they requires and how much they rewards you from correct way to use.. I took Ember and I was fine when I had good partner with me when there was infestation survival. (Yes I know Ember is good against Infestation. I used their weakness I know)

Too easy to get?

Nice lies or let me guess. You used Rhino, Saryn or Nova on that various event? Pff &!$$ with those warframes they pretty pathetic if we think how much skill they requires and how much they rewards you from correct way to use.. I took Ember and I was fine when I had good partner with me when there was infestation survival. (Yes I know Ember is good against Infestation. I used their weakness I know)

I solod my 20 mins on a trinity, the RNGods were with me for that 1. I don't think it was too easy to get though, nor do I think it's overpowered.

It's fun, and I enjoy fun, thats why I call it .......fun.

The whining is un @(*()$ believable, and that over the best shotgun ingame. What a fail thread. To complain like this over a free gun, now that is insulting!

Go and try to burn me down, you can't hit me! Because you did not earn my respect with the whining.

Has anyone even taken into consideration that perhaps... Wraith is just Prime for shotguns?

I know it's unlikely, but there's a chance. Everything is different for shotguns. They are a whole other class of weapon.

I feel like wraith is just the upgraded version of the shotgun list, but since the Orokin didn't care for shotguns save the Bronco, other factions took it into their own hands.

But this is just speculation.

Never thought of it like that, and I think your point holds some water. Shotguns take different ammo boxes, mods etc. I think it would be pretty damn cool if each weapon type category got their own special event guns.

So it's okay for that gun people spent 20 minutes on to make the other shotguns where they spent way more than 20 minutes (rank mastery 4 takes way more than that) obsolete?

Logic.

considering no one can get the wraith prime ever again, yeah.  you think people have to earn weapons lol.  what skills does this game even take other than time.

i don't even see why people are qq'ing over this.  it's just a pve game and it's not really competitive.  so a bunch of lowbies got good weapons.  who cares?  for some reason nerds out there think earning their weapons by grinding for many hours are jealous of people that did little.

Edited by Pure

considering no one can get the wraith prime ever again, yeah.  you think people have to earn weapons lol.  what skills does this game even take other than time.

i don't even see why people are qq'ing over this.  it's just a pve game and it's not really competitive.  so a bunch of lowbies got good weapons.  who cares?  for some reason nerds out there think earning their weapons by grinding for many hours are jealous of people that did little.

How does the fact that no one will ever get the Wraith again justify your contradiction that I pointed out? And no I'm not saying people need to "earn" their weapons, I'm pointing out the contradiction and hypocrisy and lack of logic. That guy said "all event guns need to do better damage or it's a waste of 20 minutes", which implies that people need to be rewarded for their time yet it  completely disregards the time needed to acquire the other shotguns. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Oh and stop calling people nerd when you're posting on a forum about a video game. Haha what a hypocrite.

Edited by EetNotErn

but the Snipetron Vandal wasn't game changingly better than any other obtainable sniper rifle.

I don't know, man. It's arguably better than Lanka (or at least equal) and massively superior to both normal snipetron and vulkar.

And last but not least, we can't recolour this weapon. This is a highly stylized game with Colour Pallets being some of the few things the Devs are charging for. Anything that prevents customization is a detraction from the game, and from revenue to support it. I can appreciate the Devs wanting to differentiate the unique weapons, but the unique colour blocking already accomplishes that. We could recolour the unique pattern while still preserving the unique look.

Yeah, definitely. There's technical issues with coloring the metallic texture I think, but we should at least be able to recolor the great big No sign.

So what? 

Where are you trying to get with the topic?

There are many topics about coloring the Wraith, and like Vandal it can't be modified. Accept things as they are meant to be, don't be a eternal teenager and try to modify the world.

Wraith was easy to get? Yes, but you forgot the previous event was a fiasco in terms of rewards. (Rewards were announced in the 50% of completion and was pure grinding to get.)

I bet DE tried to "compensate" that giving to players a really good new class of exclusives NOT by GRINDING, but surviving.

It is a reward for helping test their new game mode.  It is only good for short to medium range fire fights due to the cone of fire just like the Strun.  It should be more powerful because it is a exclusive item.  Just because it was easy for you to get does not mean it was easy for everyone else.  What about the players with poor internet connections that have to play solo?  You still going to look them in the face and tell them "oh it should have been a cake walk for you."  How about for the new players who just started last week with stock gear and bad internet connections you still going to tell them it should have been easy for them?  Leave the damn thing alone please and stop whining just because your favorite shotgun is not the top dog any more for doing damage. 

Ah yes.You know what is even more limited?

My Lato Vandal.So by that logic it should eclipse all other secondarys too.

Waiting for the buff now.

Limited access is a dumb point to defend a weapon that simply outperforms the rest of its weapon category.

Its weapon balancing at its worst(as in there is none).

Ah yes.You know what is even more limited?

My Lato Vandal.So by that logic it should eclipse all other secondarys too.

Waiting for the buff now.

Limited access is a dumb point to defend a weapon that simply outperforms the rest of its weapon category.

Its weapon balancing at its worst(as in there is none).

Limited weapons should ONLY be reskins of current weapons. So those who came after don't feel cheated over.

I know that, because it's how I feel about the old snipetron (before the event) and the braton vandal.

I'm all for unique gear for participation, such as the Snipetron Vandal, but the Snipetron Vandal wasn't game changingly better than any other obtainable sniper rifle.

ehh... the extra damage on it is relatively considerable, compared to the Snipetron. it didn't need that extra damage for people to want it. 

just as, personally, i do really like how much more Tactile SWraith is over the other shotguns. it could have half the damage it has now, and i'd still like it's tactility. 

as for the colors, i have no problems with how SWraith looks right now. but, being able to change the Energy color and SWraith having some glowing bits on it would be very pretty and it would make the weapon feel more personal, for those that are concerned about its looks.

and once again, exclusive or limited edition content has no justification for being 100% better than anything else. 

i can understand small improvements to make things sound better, but if a weapon was dealing... say... 20 damage, a special version of it(aside from ROF and magsize and reload tweaks for Tactility) would still be 'better' if it was 21 damage. it wouldn't 'need' to have 50 or 60 damage to be considered good. and if someone sees the damage increase and stat tweaks, and decides they don't think it's worth their time, that's their decision. it's not Digital Extremes' fault, it's their JOB to make a fair game. telling them they shouldn't be doing their job..... >.>

anyone that may disagree will find themselves very disappointed in this world, because it's not how the world works.

Edited by taiiat

The Snidal is a straight upgrade over Lanka.

if they were... an assault rifle, maybe. since they're sniper rifles, the ENTIRE point is to hit as hard as possible with one shot.

for example, .50BMG exists soley for this purpose. hitting as hard as possible with one shot. sure, you could shoot more than once with weaker rounds, but sniping doesn't usually get that convenience. it's shoot and move. 

both are viable, but neither is superior, it all depends on what you're doing, really. 

but honestly, i can kill trash mobs with Lanka without any trouble. so i might as well take Lanka, it can kill the large groups and the big targets at the same time. Sandal can also do this, usually. but not always.

It also sucks that the Strun looks terrible. They could have at least instead of using a "NO" sign and some weird azz squiggles, made it into a vandal weapon. Wraith would make sense if the gun looked holy and deadly along with being so.

Wraith, like Vandal and Prime is presumingly, and likely Lore tied. since everything in Warframe would be, right? yeah.

I posted this on another thread of people *@##$ing about event rewards but it still applies.

You do have to remember though that this isn't the end of exclusives. We still have prime weapons and future events for the new players to get fancy guns. I'm not bitter because I don't have the Lato and Braton Vandal. Just like new players right now shouldn't be bitter due to their lack of a Snipetron Vandal because there are gonna be more events with more limited edition rewards. 

I posted this on another thread of people *@##$ing about event rewards but it still applies.

You do have to remember though that this isn't the end of exclusives. We still have prime weapons and future events for the new players to get fancy guns. I'm not bitter because I don't have the Lato and Braton Vandal. Just like new players right now shouldn't be bitter due to their lack of a Snipetron Vandal because there are gonna be more events with more limited edition rewards. 

I agree with this greatly. People need to consider that this game is still a beta, theres going to be exclusive stuff. I honestly don't see the problem with the exclusive goodies being factually better than their obtainable counterparts. This is a PvE game, not PvP. 

I think that even if the Vandals and Straith were just skins that were exclusive people would still complain. 

I agree with this greatly. People need to consider that this game is still a beta, theres going to be exclusive stuff. I honestly don't see the problem with the exclusive goodies being factually better than their obtainable counterparts. This is a PvE game, not PvP. 

I think that even if the Vandals and Straith were just skins that were exclusive people would still complain. 

Exactly! Exclusives are exclusive but it doesn't mean that there won't be more, they'll just be different.

So it's okay for that gun people spent 20 minutes on to make the other shotguns where they spent way more than 20 minutes (rank mastery 4 takes way more than that) obsolete?

Logic.

You can get to rank 4 any time you want. You cant do the event ever again. I don't see the point in making a exclusive version if you want it to be weaker or even to its counterpart. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by alphex

"Exclusives should be stronger" mindset needs to die. It excludes people who have not had the same opportunity to attend the event, and is such a whiny little entitled stance that people take when they want to feel special or superior.

Right now, the counterparts of the exclusive weapons are underused anyway, so there's little harm in giving people a straight upgrade sniper or shotgun. But when exclusives have been proven to be Overpowered in the truest sense of the word, the balance of the game is seriously threatened. People will feel cheated that they missed out on the most OP weapon of the class for situations outside of their control, and the 12 year olds will fight their hardest to ensure that the exclusives are not obtainable again.

Cosmetic rewards for events are good because they're simply an indicator that you were there. Events should be done because they are fun, not because there's some overpowered weapons or mods waiting on the other side.

I've just stopped using forma on any weapon that isn't a prime or vandal, as it's obvious that I'm simply wasting $5 worth of crap each time a new update is released under the pathetic justification that "it's harder to get omg skillz0rs". Gorgon, Dread, Lex, Hek, Braton, Snipetron, Paris, Grakata, Frost, and 90% of the melee weapons are completely obsolete.

Edited by Tryysaeder