Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation Bug, 65,86% DR instead of 90%.

Jeancly

Hello, this is a copy of post I posted in the mega thread, putting it here to give it more visibility since it is pretty much complete with all the calculations, meaning it's a confirmed bug and not a doubt or so:

TLDR: Adaptation is bugged and when maxed at 90% only gives 65,86% DR, that or it somehow lowers armor. 

We used the staticor as a test since it is pure radiation to see if the damage we would receive a 90% reduction with the mod ( it should be a flat 90% reduction as it is the only damage type of the weapon ). What we found out was that with my inaros with only health mods ( and base armor of 200 which is 40% reduction ) I received a flat damage of 85 health ( initial health 5610, final health 5525). WITH adaptation charged to 90% DR we received 29 health damage. ( 5610 initial health, final health 5581). As we can see the expected result should have been 8.5 health damage(6%, because the initial damage gets reduced by 90% and the remaining 10% gets reduced by 40%, meaning only 6% of the initial damage would remain), but we got 29. This pretty much proves that adaptation is not working properly.

Because of this inconsistency, I've done some more calculations and according to my calculations, Damage reduction is not 90% but 65,86%. This unless when the mod is present it has some effects and it reduces armor. 

The calculation is as follow: let's calculate what the 29 damage without armor would be: 29 is 60% of the damage that passed, so (29/60)x100=48,3. This 48,3 is the damage I get AFTER THE DR but BEFORE the armor. We calculated before with the same method that the 85 I got is 60% of the damage from the staticor. (85/60)x100=141.6( this is the damage that a single shot of the staticor would deal with NO armor and NO DR).

Since 141,6 is 100% of the damage from the staticor and 48,3 is the reduced damage we can calculate how much it has been reduced through DR.

48,3:x= 141.6:100

this gives us 34.13%. This is the actual damage that passed through DR. Meaning that 100%- 34,12% = 65,86% DR. This is the real Damage resistance we get from a fully charged Adaptation. ( again, unless by some strange interaction we loose armor )

EDIT: indipendent testing by another person confirmed the deficit of DR in the health reduction, but it seems like the mod is working properly on shields.

EDIT2: i just noticed actually that the value i would get from 90% DR on 141,6 is 14,16. Which is precisely half of 28.32 which is very close to the 29 we got... so it may actually be a real possibility that the 90% DR works, but then the armor works in a wonky way and instead it doubles the damage we got after the 90% DR. This is also supported by the fact that " it seems " to be working on shields, which we know do not apply armor 

GLOBAL EDIT: THE WHOLE TOPIC IS FAULTY. We did calculations with radiation forgetting that it gives more damage to armor. So the whole topic is wrong. Feel free to delete this mods.

Edited by Jeancly

" TLDR: Adaptation is bugged and when maxed at 90% only gives 65,86% DR, that or it somehow lowers armor."
You know, depending on--

"... pure radiation..."
But did you account for--

"... The calculation is as follow: let's calculate what the 29 damage without armor would be"
Right, because--

" GLOBAL EDIT: THE WHOLE TOPIC IS FAULTY. We did calculations with radiation forgetting that it gives more damage to armor "
Yeah that.  🙂

Pure radiation is completely neutral against a Warframe's Ferrite Armor + Flesh health classes so it should not have any influence on the result.

Edit:

(Unless Wiki is wrong and Warframes use Alloy Armor instead of Ferrite Armor)

Edit 2:

This would overturn years of calculations and established common knowledge if it turns out that Warframes are actually Alloy Armored.  It would be great if someone could figure out whether Warframe armor is Ferrite or Alloy based for certain with numbers.

Edit 3:

Simaris Widget tells me Nidus, Trinity Prime, Volt Prime, Limbo Prime, Oberon Prime, and Excalibur Umbra are Ferrite Armored at least.  Could try checking with that to see if the warframe used in the test was Ferrite Armored too.  (But pretty sure it says all of them are Ferrite Armor health class)

Besides that I think armor type shouldn't matter since its not like the armor class is being changed by equipping Adaption.  You already have your control value under the same armor class, 90% reduction should be 90% reduction since both are already post-armor multiplier values.

Edit 4:

My own testing shows Adaption working as intended on Bombards/Napalms, but taking way more damage than it should against Toxic Ancient/Mutalist Osprey.  Would be extremely difficult to test anything else due to mixed elements (Nox Stug AoE is some combination of primarily Impact damage rather than Toxin and Corpus Lankas are some combination of primarily Puncture damage rather than pure Electric.) 

If health class multipliers are double dipping then its a bug, but the bombard/S. Osprey/Nul Scram tests shows no sign of this while the T.Ancient/M.Osprey test definitely has something weird going on since they are both pure toxic (shielded warframes take 0 shield damage) and do way more damage than they should but in totally different ratios from each other.

Bombard Lvl.50 vs. Inaros, Pure Blast (Effectiveness -25% vs. Ferrite)
6820 -> 6716 = 104 = No Adaption
6000 -> 5990 = 10 = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Napalm Lvl.50 vs. Inaros, Pure Heat
6820 -> 6704 = 116 = No Adaption
6820 -> 6808 = 12  = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Toxic Ancient Lvl.50 vs. Inaros, Pure Toxic (Effectiveness +50% vs. Flesh/+25% vs. Ferrite)
6820 -> 6224 = 596 (over 2 hits) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6582 = 238 (over 2 hits) = 90% Adaption [60% DR]

Toxic Ancient Lvl.50 vs. Inaros (Negation Swarm), Pure Toxic (Effectiveness +50% vs. Flesh/+25% vs. Ferrite)
6820 -> 6330 = 490 (over 2 hits) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6624 = 196 (over 2 hits) = 90% Adaption [60% DR]

Mutalist Osprey Lvl.155 vs. Inaros (Negation Swarm), Pure Toxic (Effectiveness +50% vs. Flesh/+25% vs. Ferrite)
6820 -> 6680 = 140 (AoE) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6783 = 37 (AoE) = 90% Adaption [73.5% DR]

Sapping Osprey Lvl.100 vs. Inaros, Pure Electric (Effectiveness -50% vs. Alloy)
6820 -> 6501 = 319 (AoE) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6788  = 32 (AoE) = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Nul Scrambus Lvl.100 vs. Inaros, Pure Electric (Effectiveness -50% vs. Alloy)
6820 -> 6501 = 319 (First Strike) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6788 = 32 (First Strike) = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Vomvalyst Lvl.100 vs. Inaros, Pure Tau (???)
6820 -> 6240 = 580 (2 hits) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6762 = 58 (2 hits) = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Tar Mutalist Moa Lvl.100 vs. Inaros, Pure Corrosive (Effectiveness +75% vs. Ferrite)
6820 ->  6719 = 101 (AoE) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6813 = 10 (AoE) = 90% Adaption [90% DR]

Edited by Ailyene
Testing...