The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here Are Your Scarf Concept Designs

berrysoda

So your response is from a lighthearted event that was temporary and was also silly and out of place... but in good fun because it was an event.

Cool story bro.

It is a good story. because its a game and its fun. Its not like scarves are worse than that silly event, or even close to it. Its flash. Some people are just a wee bit too uptight.

It is a good story. because its a game and its fun. Its not like scarves are worse than that silly event, or even close to it. Its flash. Some people are just a wee bit too uptight.

It's not that I'm uptight about it, or even opposed to it... doesn't mean I don't think they are $&*&*#(%&.

They're much worse, because it won't be temporary. I'll have to look at idiots who don't know how awful they are using them every time I play an online game. But, like I said, at least it lets me laugh at idiots.

I still think this is an April's fools joke.

If this is serious, this is going to ruin immersion... a lot. Then you can bring bunny ears, clown faces, jokes about feces, /dance and the finger gun from Dead Space. And we all love for 5 minutes, have fun and then move on to other games.

Have you guys lost it?

So much hyperbole.

In a game with suits that are visually non-practical you guys complain about a (n optional) stylish piece of sci-fi cloth ? I didn't see you uninstalling the game after seeing Frost's or Volt's skirt... or Trinity's crab-butt. "OMG Frost has a fan on his head ! Vauban is wearing a beret ! Saryn has Bulbasaur on her head ! Immersion destroyed !"

So much hyperbole.

In a game with suits that are visually non-practical you guys complain about a (n optional) stylish piece of sci-fi cloth ? I didn't see you uninstalling the game after seeing Frost's or Volt's skirt... or Trinity's crab-butt. "OMG Frost has a fan on his head ! Vauban is wearing a beret ! Saryn has Bulbasaur on her head ! Immersion destroyed !"

Decorations that don't interfere with combat. Decorations that would completely interfere with combat and be an active problem for anyone using it in a fight. Ya, I totally can see why you think those are completely the same thing.

But wait you say, it won't do anything bad, it will just look cool! That's not cool bro, that's just idiocy being given a free pass.

Decorations that don't interfere with combat. Decorations that would completely interfere with combat and be an active problem for anyone using it in a fight. Ya, I totally can see why you think those are completely the same thing.

But wait you say, it won't do anything bad, it will just look cool! That's not cool bro, that's just idiocy being given a free pass.

Don't want them ? Don't use them.

If you mean "interfere in combat" as in "realism": in this kind of game realism should be the least of our concerns. Who cares if it would work IRL ? It's a futuristic game with exosuits in space. 

If you mean they would get in our faces: they are not even out yet, how do you even know what the downsides will be ? Or if it will even have any ? And if there are, they will be fixed.

Being opinionated on something you have not even experienced yet is worse than giving it a shot.

I don't have to experience it to think it looks bad. I've seen it in the anime and games that influenced the design. Now I've seen the concept art. I'm sure when the actual scarves come out they'll look just as horrible as the things preceding them. 8 foot long scarves that don't get you killed while flapping cinematically behind you are just ridiculous. But at least they'll make it easy to spot ridiculous people. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't add them, it's way too late for that anyway. It's just that every time I hear about or look at them, I think "what kind of an idiot is going to spend money on that". I can't wait to mock the hell out of any of my clan members that use these things.

Don't want them ? Don't use them.

If you mean "interfere in combat" as in "realism": in this kind of game realism should be the least of our concerns. Who cares if it would work IRL ? It's a futuristic game with exosuits in space. 

If you mean they would get in our faces: they are not even out yet, how do you even know what the downsides will be ? Or if it will even have any ? And if there are, they will be fixed.

Being opinionated on something you have not even experienced yet is worse than giving it a shot.

Guess he meaned that as they will be animated by Physx, can make lag problems worse. At least that my main concern (I dislike them, but that's my problem).