Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Allow me and/or my clan to rent dedicated servers for game play sessions

(XBOX)Dabnician

Hello,

Everyone complains about the host session migration, but no one really offers real solutions that are both win-win for the developer and the customer.

This is the inevitable suggestion some one really must make:

Please allow us(the end users) to rent dedicated servers that host our gameplay sessions from you( the developer ).

AWS (amazon web services) has multiple instance and container based solutions that would allow for anywhere from a small docker container with a headless client up to a full blown ec2 instance with a full windows/linux server install. AWS Has multiple locations through out the world allowing players to connect to the closet server to them, no mater what part of the world they are in.

This is something that can be sold in the marketplace for platinum, same as boosters in same intervals as boosters, ie 1,3,7,30 days..

Heck you know what, let me buy an item out of the market place that i can donate to my clan or supply to them that i can then build a new room that has operator chairs in it and some fake somatic link in it which only seats 4 players and is 1 dedicate server. and then powers down when its time runs out. so if players abort the mission guess what happens... they pop out of the chair and when the mission ends the other operators pop out of the chairs too. Heck let me donate plat to my clan and let the clan leader buy the item for the clan or something something story whatever...

you wanna tie it in to railjack... say its a room with a loading dock i can board a ship on and that ship takes me to the mission zone as a dedicated server...

or let me add a dedicated server to the multi crew ship.

the key request here is: "Please allow me the player or my clan to give you more money to play your free to play game."

Also a couple of quick points: Consoles dont have access to discount coupons prices can be difference for pc players vs console players taking coupons into consideration.

Clan halls have no real use other then for trading, building a Room with 4 chairs in it would require clans to manage power and space requirements and physically limit the number of these instances that could be built anyway, limit them based on clan sizes too. what ever.

note to players: please remember they have to make money to pay for things like dedicated servers you dont have to pay for things with real money you can trade for plat and if you join a clan and they could host this feature for you then you wouldnt have to pay. this would also seem like a good incentive to have an active clan.. some one else will put money into the game

2 hours ago, (XB1)Dabnician said:

This is something that can be sold in the marketplace for platinum

Hahahahahahahaha no.

This is not even remotely something that would be Plat based, especially coming from PC accounts. It would be hard currency. DE can't pay Amazon in Plat.

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Hahahahahahahaha no.

This is not even remotely something that would be Plat based, especially coming from PC accounts. It would be hard currency. DE can't pay Amazon in Plat.

People have to purchase plat, though, for plat to even enter the system. Implementing this system = more people having a place  to spend plat = creates a need for more plat in the system = more people buying plat.

I can say for a fact that I'd specifically buy packs of plat for this feature.

1 minute ago, Talonflight said:

People have to purchase plat, though, for plat to even enter the system. Implementing this system = more people having a place  to spend plat = creates a need for more plat in the system = more people buying plat.

I can say for a fact that I'd specifically buy packs of plat for this feature.

This feature, though, has a fixed cost for DE. PC Plat has anywhere from full value to 75% off, not even including the occasional free Plat injected into the system.

This is money being funneled to a third party. The price would be in local currency.

To take this a bit further... I would pay a small monthly subscription fee if it meant that DE could have Dedicated servers running their game.  Give a 30 day resource booster and a little monthly plat if your a subscriber... maybe even reduced crafting times... and let those servers run. DE would have me signed up with out much issue if the price was reasonable.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SickWicked said:

I would pay a small monthly subscription fee

You might, lots of people won't. I don't think that would be worth the reputation hit. Also, define small. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)SickWicked said:

Give a 30 day resource booster and a little monthly plat if your a subscriber

This has the vague appearance of P2W. Add in dedicated servers and now you have created 2 distinct tiers of players. The price would either have to include those who don't pay a sub or prevent the two pools of players from mixing.

No two tiers of servers.... Just dedicated servers for all.  Supporters subscribe.... free to play benefit from the supporters. 

Give the supporters some benefits for subscribing. Much like if you where to purchase the prime Accessories pack every three months.  Your purchase supports DE and they give you some accessories, 90 boosters, and plat out of the deal.  

What I am saying is basically take the same model and scale it down to a month, hence the 30 day resource booster.  It doesn't even have to be a subscription... Just something in the market place that sells for real currency like the prime access packs and is purchasable only once a month and you get some cool stuff and a booster... much like a prime prime accessories packs. Just a mini version of them.

About $10 - $13... but obviously the lower the better lol.  would that be enough or overkill? I don't know, nor do I know how many people would purchase it regardless of the price.

It has my vote, I'm sure there others players out there that agree. Its a huge player base. Maybe?

Just merely a suggestion that I'm tossing into the hat... As i would love to see dedicated servers for Warframe PvE.

Edited by (XB1)SickWicked

• 2 weeks later...

Creator of this post read my mind - i've actually came to forum to look if someone already got that idea, id really really like to see some monthly subscription for a dedicated server, while current system usually works fine, its stil just  "usually" :)

Plese bump for for developers to see that post !

also - just to clarify, i dont want current system to go away - i just want dedicated server for me and my friends whom i play with, but one that will prevent "host migration disconects etc "

Edited by Brzoz