Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Livestream #13!

[DE]Rebecca

With no set notes on Ember, Trinity, or Vaub I'm going to hold off on my outrage, but from what I got out of the stream here are the changes.

Ember:

Fireball - just better

Overheat - less damage resistance, more damage.  damage and range(?) scale with focus, but not resistance

Fire Blast - just better. somthing about the range?

I will note that the dev who really likes Ember (I don't remember which one it is) is quite excited for the changes, so it's possible that I'm misunderstanding what's happening. For me Ember should be more like Nova; a glass cannon where as Saryn (or a new frame) should be reworked into a tanky moving DoT (that's just my opinion and is grounded on my interpretation of the classes inteneded use).  I  As far as I can tell Fire Blast is still a bad WoF and deserves Rhino's Roar treatment, and Overheat is less tanky and more pewpew.

Trinity:

Well of Life/EV - double effect when shot, radiates

Link - link to 5(?) enemies, damage resistance instead of invincibility

Blessing - on activation, not after animation

The devs seemed extremely unsure of how the Link changes would go over with the community.  I'll say on a personal note that as much as I love Trinity and the support role that she fills (and is otherwise non-existant in this game) I will NEVER play trinity again if link no longer gives CC immunity and doesn't allow me to facetank.  As is her only real benefit to herself  (as in not shared by the party) as well as combat ability is Link. Without Link and with the new permanent energy orbs, her role is sufficiently filled by shield and health restores.  Trinity's role is Momma ("keep the kiddies alive and playing"). Momma needs her Link.

Vaub:

Bastille - limited number of enemies

Vortex - doesn't affect players

I'm fine with this.  Bastille is Molecular Prime-level OP as is (Infested defense is a game of ammo and it has 0 dropoff on higher level enemies).  I'm sure there will be much debate on the logistics of this decision, but this is honestly the best thing for the game (that is a fact, not an opinion).  Vortex should have never affected players to begin with.  It's fine as a gimic, and perhaps for missions/events like (SPOILERS) "Derf Anyo's Eventual Rise to Power!" it could be turned on again, but again, this is a QoL fix and will be better for the game in the long run.

Nyx:

Psychic Bolts - just better

Absorb - higher base damage

Justified.  Psychic Bolts was one of the worst skills due to it just not working.  Absorb is highly reliant on you being attacked, which is fine, but an ult should do more than 100 base damage at rank 3.  Also, the chief reason people complain about this skill is because Shade cloaks you, making it a waste of 100 energy, so I hope that was addressed as well (probably not as it's more of a Shade issue than an Absorb issue).

Banshee(?):

No changes that I caught, but Rebecca said something about it being her main after the update.

No word on Nova's imminent nerf (probably going to be a drastic reduction in targets affected by ult).

Necro skills were talked about, but I didn't hear so well. I'll write what I think they are. Skill names were stated, but I don't remember which go to which, and they seemed very succeptable to change.

1 - sucks the life out of enemies. not sure if it gives it to the party or just to Necro

2 - explodes corpses into loot (my guess would be credits/ammo with a rare chance of mods/resources)

3 - drops a totem that fears enemies

4 - raises nearby corpses to fight for you 

Seems cool, can't really comment as we don't have definite discriptions, numbers, or names (the name Necro is even up for grabs).  What I can say from looking at this is:

I really hope fear doesn't a) make enemies just BOLT out of the room and B) doesn't just replace or be overshadowed by chaos.  

As far as exploding into loot goes (I love it, I really do), I hope it doesn't drop mods or resources (credits are fine) as it will make everyone just run around with Necro for extra efficiency.  

I'd suggest not using acrid with Necro.

THIS IS JUST A LIST OF WHAT I GOT OUT OF THE LIVESTREAM.  I WILL NOT ARGUE ANY POINTS AS EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IS EITHER SPECULATION OR FACT.  IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION THAT YOU FEEL I EXCLUDED OR MISUNDERSTOOD I WILL BE HAPPY TO INCLUDE IT.

Edited by MeteorKing

=/

not really digging the scarves

honestly think there are WAY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS that DE could be focused on, but whatevs

IMHO this is a perfect example of how the community is not always right

but aside from that, the necro frame looks aight, and the new corpus gas processing facility looks awesome

Hmm... love the new tile concepts. Necro looks OK.

Not really digging the scarves. It seems a bit... odd? Impractical? They could get caught in all kinds of things while we're jumping and sliding... except the holographic one maybe. I just don't see the point of this addition (not to mention the strain on older GPUs to render it). Puzzling addition imho.

Those scarves are horrendous, they are going to be purely cosmetic right? Because I don't want to miss out on stats just because I don't want to look like a Naruto fanboy.

I am starting to question if DE can maintain this awesome game they created, some of their decisions have been.....just bad. The time and effort spent on scarves could have been spent on much more important things.

Edited by Silraed

I like the design of Necro, his hood remembers Death... but his legs doesn't convince me at all. It seems like he is naked and only wearing a hood.

Maybe you could improve the model replicating or moving the three "rings" in his thighs to his calves, simulating robe, wide pants or something like that.

I love the idea of showing the Corpus Assembly plants, which look like SW Drone plants. 

We need more outposts and they need be a lil less convoluted in design, so we arent always ina a corridor setting.

Scarves for Ninjutsu in Space.....I dont get it even a little(But that's my opinion).  Cosmetically I would rather see some utlity-style braces and belts or anythign along those lines.