Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marking Rivens

Gahrzerkire

I think the ability to mark Riven mods as belonging to someone else would be a valuable addition to the game. My friend Renocraft is now my bank. I have gifted him slots for him on his account wherein which i will store my rivens. I would like it if he could mark them as my property in case he forgets. 

(or increase the riven cap please)

5 minutes ago, Reaverhart said:

while i also pay DE more money on slots he would never buy

You do understand that they are preventing you from buying more slots, right? That they are denying themselves your money, so there must be a larger reason?

As it stands, it looks like you are actively trying to get around that limit. I would again suggest dealing with your own situation without drawing the devs' attention for a feature that only would exist to subvert their own limits.

36 minutes ago, Reaverhart said:

I think the ability to mark Riven mods as belonging to someone else would be a valuable addition to the game. My friend Renocraft is now my bank. I have gifted him slots for him on his account wherein which i will store my rivens. I would like it if he could mark them as my property in case he forgets. 

This isn't needed because it isn't intended to have another account as your "bank".
Using your friend to do that is fine, it won't get you banned, but it's not intended.
So there is no need for a new feature in the game that helps with something that isn't intended.

And as DE states in the Trade Chat: They don't enforce trades for promises.
So if your friend were to sell "your" rivens, you couldn't do anything about that. (Aside from hating him in RL)

Edited by WhiteMarker

Welp that is a shame as I was unaware that sharing riven mods with your friends and one friend being the primary supplier was a crime.

@peterc3
LOL Higher reason? like what? storage space? server processing power? if you assume that every player that has ever played warframe has 90 unique rivens mods then you end up with with roughly 10 terabytes of data... my computer has 20 terabytes of storage space. 20 terabytes of storage is dirt cheap I promise you their servers have more then enough capacity. what they really wouldn't want is riven mods getting hogged by players, and collectors effectively strangling the market and boosting the prices thereby decreasing the flow of trade, and the amount of money they make. They make more money having the mods moved around then they do letting you collect as many as you want. There are tons of games out their that have unique items PATH OF EXILE for prime example I promise you that game has more unique items in it then warframe has riven mods no complaints there, no inventory limits there at all actually.

Hell. There arent even that many players with 90 rivens mods in the game. it is statisically impossible for all 40,000,000 players to have 90 rivens. but whatever lets entertain this notion, even though for players to get rivens they need less then 90 already.

Here is the math for the storage space on the rivens assuming a fully clogged market, I used a word doc that has a bunch of crap typed into it to get a general baseline for the amount of memory storing a riven should take. IMO 3kb is way more storage space then you need. The math is as follows:

(40,000,000<players> * 90<rivens> * 3kb<storage per riven<2708 bytes>>) = 9,748,800,000,000 bytes / 1,000,000,000,000<size of a terabyte> = 9.748 terabytes. 

my computer can store all the rivens in the entire game and the memory for it cost about 800 dollars. ive spent more then 5x that on warframe in all likely hood.

a3kWgO4.png

Edited by Reaverhart

Don't worry, there's nothing in the licence agreement against what you and your friend are doing.

When it comes to trading, what's forbidden is interacting with an alt account in any way, and trading for real money. As long as your friend is a real person who plays the game (e.g. not you using grandma's account) you'll be both fine. If you fear there could be any misunderstanding, explain the situation to customer support and ask for their explicit approval.

-----

Now about your idea. It's very unlikely to be implemented imo, because it would facilitate actual infringements while 99% of players would have no use for it. I'd suggest using an online document and sharing it with your friend, instead.

Edited by Robolaser