Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ty For Inc Vortex Fix But...

Alohoe

please leave bastille alone.  What other frame has a cap, as far as enemies effected, on their CC in the game?  

Can you make tesla be affected by duration mods?

Also, bounce is pretty useless.  You could change it to aoe type bomb with the same explosion radius as the original bounce's hitbox.

Thanks.

Edited by Alohoe

please leave bastille alone.  What other frame has a cap, as far as enemies effected, on their CC in the game?  

Can you make tesla be affected by duration mods?

Also, bounce is pretty useless.  You could change it to aoe type bomb with the same explosion radius as the original bounce's hitbox.

Thanks.

Umm, every frame except Nyx?

Nice semantics, but every CC frame but one has hard limits on either range or targets or both on their CC abilities, except Nyx, and I'm sure pretty sure Nyx actually does have an active entity limits.

radial blind has no limit.

wow. who said anything about range man?

It sure as hell has a range limit.

"enemies effected"  no one said anything about range.   ill dumb it down for you.  I am giving feed back on the possibility that they will nerf the AMMOUNT OF ENEMIES EFFECTED BY BASTILLE, thus adding a cap to it.  I was saying in my original post, that out of all the mass crowd control abilities, no frame has a cap on how many enemies that would be effected.

Edited by Alohoe

Ok.

1. Tesla is useless against high-lv enemies.

2. Bounce is absolutely useless. I can get up wherever I want using parkour, without any bounce. Also bounce cannot damage enemies well enough.

3. Bastille. Yes, this is a perfect ability.

4. Vortex. You know, Vauban is my ONLY frame that doesn't have installed ulti. Why? Because it's the only ulti that useless compared to ther ultis. VERY low damage. The only good things it can grant is giving you high-jumps and collecting loot. But now you are going to take away high-jumps.

So, now you're gonna take away THE ONLY good Vauban's ability?

It sure as hell has a range limit.

That doesn't make sense. Bastille has a range limit as well. In fact, Bastille's range (9 meters at max level) is shorter than Radial Blind's range (14 meters at max level).

No frame has limits on number of targets affected by their CC. All enemies within range of the ability when it is cast are affected. Chaos and Rhino Stomp have no limit, they simply affect every target in range. The difference is that Bastille affects enemies which enter its area of effect during its duration, while Stomp and Chaos do not. 

World on Fire is an exception, being pretty much the only AoE ability which has a limit on the number of enemies affected by it.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

I'm not exactly sure why they would make such a ridiculous change. Bastille already has a very short duration and you have to keep spamming it, even with duration mod. Now that it is limited to a certain amount of targets, you will really have to spam it. DE needs to stop listening to people that quit after 5 waves of Xini for game changes. Refer to people to go to wave 100+ because this change is beyond stupid. All these low wave guys always crying about things being overpowered and DE listens to these guys that have no clue what they are talking about. SMH!

I'm not exactly sure why they would make such a ridiculous change. Bastille already has a very short duration and you have to keep spamming it, even with duration mod. Now that it is limited to a certain amount of targets, you will really have to spam it. DE needs to stop listening to people that quit after 5 waves of Xini for game changes. Refer to people to go to wave 100+ because this change is beyond stupid. All these low wave guys always crying about things being overpowered and DE listens to these guys that have no clue what they are talking about. SMH!

I would argue that going to wave 100+ on Xini is not how the game is intended to be played, and that (as a result) you can not reasonably expect Warframe to be balanced with it in mind.

Like the couple of posters before me have said, the game shouldn't be balanced on whether or not something can be used in 100+ waves on Xini. That makes no sense, because most people probably don't do that. Thus, things should be balanced around the norm, which is probably more around 20-30 waves. And Bastille will still be fine. 

The reason they are probably changing it is because at the moment, mainly against infested (Snow Globe is better against corpus/grineer), it is OP. I have a Vauban, and I quickly learned this, even at low levels. Being able to stop multitudes of enemies without much energy or much risk is pretty big, so it makes sense as a balancing thing. Nerf? Yes. But it will promote more varied gameplay and strategies in defense and survival, where Bastille is mainly used. If the cap is really low, I will agree with it being an issue, but if the cap is reasonable (at least in the teens or twenties), then It will be fine. 

First Iron Skin, then Link, Overheat and Bastille.....

inb4 snowglobe nerf.

Snowglobe disappearing after a certain amount of damage taken. Sounds like something DE would consider.

But I'd put my money on Nyx's chaos being nerfed once again, cause just like Bastille, it doesn't care about the number or level of enemies.

It's either going to get limited to a certain number of enemies or the duration is going to be reduced the higher the level of the affected enemy is. Mark my words.

wow. who said anything about range man?

"enemies effected"  no one said anything about range.   ill dumb it down for you.  I am giving feed back on the possibility that they will nerf the AMMOUNT OF ENEMIES EFFECTED BY BASTILLE, thus adding a cap to it.  I was saying in my original post, that out of all the mass crowd control abilities, no frame has a cap on how many enemies that would be effected.

Good lord...

Do you not use bastille at all? Do you even use other warframe CC abilities? Other warframe abilities are balanced because they have a cap of how many mobs can be affected at a single instance (In this case how many mobs are around the AoE at the time the ability was cast).

Bastille is a Pulsating AoE which means it will be in effect for the full 15 second at the point of cast~ MEANING it trumps all the CC in the game so far because its in constant effect vs a 1 time effect.

Edited by Vulturnus

Dont forget Saryn's venom. 

And Nova is still the same, funny right?

I was going for the "you can't touch this" theme which is being removed slowly.

I think you should hold off on slating Nova until U10 at least. With armour change and AI change, more ultimates could become more viable, or Mol Prime less deadly (enemies that cancel debuffs?). If it is still leagues ahead after U10, let the nerf threads flow.