Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I be reporting leeches in ESO?

Chaos.Blades

Question

Today I had a match with 2 EV trinity and 1 Limbo. After 2 zones all three players had less than 10 kills. The limbo was completely 0 in all states. All 3 had nothing but garbage unranked weapons. Should I be reporting these players? I was looking and I don't even think I know how to report a player. Just over the past couple of days, I have seen several limbo, EV trinity, as well as a few volt that just stand at the portal spawn point occasionally pressing 4. I have never had a serious issue with leeches before but ESO seems to be a problem. I see a lot of players leaving after the first zone as well.

6 hours ago, Argenex said:

"I'm not positive, but it seems like, discharge might help spread saryn's spores? All I know is with a saryn I can keep trucking past zone 8 with only energy being an issue. (but that might just be sayrn's awesomeness too)"

It seems to; I run a Saryn with a Volt Buddy in ESO for focus farming and leveling and they pair great together. Also ty for the PSA; always good to learn something new.

On 2018-10-25 at 1:11 PM, Chaos.Blades said:

Today I had a match with 2 EV trinity and 1 Limbo. After 2 zones all three players had less than 10 kills. The limbo was completely 0 in all states. All 3 had nothing but garbage unranked weapons. Should I be reporting these players? I was looking and I don't even think I know how to report a player. Just over the past couple of days, I have seen several limbo, EV trinity, as well as a few volt that just stand at the portal spawn point occasionally pressing 4. I have never had a serious issue with leeches before but ESO seems to be a problem. I see a lot of players leaving after the first zone as well.

Soo what? By your logic , in hydron everyone that has a low amount of kill should get reported,right? In ESO  there is only a warframe rank restriction and not for weapons. As for a trinity idk what you exp her to do  as a supp frame and as for limbo....its limbo. If you don't like the squad then you are free to leave and try again or try to get a recruting squad/ solo as i did 8-12 zones. Im 100% sure you were in the same situation if not in eso then some where else and didn't get reported.

Edited by Nephalem

11 hours ago, Argenex said:

I just wanted to point out that I'm one of those volts but I am not afk at all, nor am I leeching (most times you are from me😁), I am hiding behind a shield and watching the timer for when I can do my discharge again.

The advantage of having a max range volt do so;

• Yea sure there's damage, it's not as awesome as saryn, but for the first 4 zones its effective at damaging everything.
  • Each enemy hit within the wave (range that for the most part, covers every ESO map tile), becomes a tesla coil, and is stunned for 4 seconds
  • Any enemy outside that wave, that walks within 25metere (my range) of a tesla coiled enemy, will also be zapped and stunned for the remainder, as well as damaged
  • I'm not positive, but it seems like, discharge might help spread saryn's spores? All I know is with a saryn I can keep trucking past zone 8 with only energy being an issue. (but that might just be sayrn's awesomeness too)

Why I do it and what I am doing:

• Most efficient way to blow through daily focus cap
  • Just farming focus, and hoping for vandal parts
  • I will typically setup with some shields near the conduit spawn point, usually near the center of the map if possible.
  • Don't bother resing me, I will use a revive, just here for focus.
  • Because of the build, my volt is super squishy with things lvls 70+. Which is why I'm hiding, behind a shield, by the exit.
  • Sometimes I run around a little and use the gram prime, which is amazing with volt's 2 and quite entertaining, especially if there are many infested as discharge isn't that great versus them and their parasite / leecher eximus drain everyone's energy

Public Service Announcement on Affinity / Focus farming (I've tested this with friends)

• Affinity is 100% shared as long as you are within affinity range. (stay by the volt & sayrn!)
  • Shared affinity comes in as a base of 75% to all equipped weapons, and 25% to your warframe.
  • The most effective way to farm focus (aka affinity) is to have an eidolon lens on your warframe (preferably a damage dealer) and an eidolon lens on 1 weapon. ONLY bring that weapon.
    • This is for a few reasons:
      • If you're landing the kills with your warframe ability, then 100% of the affinity you get from those kills, is going to the warframe.
      • If you're landing the kills with your weapon, 50% goes to that weapon, and 50% goes to the warframe
      • If you're NOT landing the kills, 75% goes to your weapon, 25% goes to the warframe. 
  • If you want to level weapons, as you can see above, you will get more by not doing the killing with them and from Shared Affinity.
  • If you want to level a warframe, well the best amount of affinity you can get on a warframe is by killing with it's abilities, as you would net 100%. Otherwise the second best option is to have a maxed out really good weapon, as you will get 50% with that weapon's kills.

The reason I added this is the wiki is worded poorly and rather confusing, and constantly people want to argue that getting the most kills gets the most affinity; shared affinity is 100% so that isn't true at all. Warframe is a team game afterall. Hope this helps.

As one of those Evil Max Rng/Pwr/Dur Saryn Prime & Max Rng/Pwr/Dur Volt Prime users in ESO [depending on my mood], this is something people forget very often. For pure affinity it doesnt matter about killing blows just stay within range of "us", if you want focus... well you probably either want to help us or not be anywhere near us [different session lol] because some people obviously dislike out Glass Cannon builds, that we use literally for high end 10s Damage turn over.

This week is bad ESO map rotation generally with only 2-3 of the map imo being good saryn/volt focus farmers. But thats why there are 36 [?] Warframes to give us options for different playstyles.

On 2018-10-25 at 10:16 AM, Chaos.Blades said:

Has anyone actually sent proof on a support ticket? How did they respond? Was anything actually done that they indicated?

Yes. I have sent in tickets for AFK leeching in POE bounties and had a favorable response from DE. It's probably against the rules to post the actual email but if you want it you can PM me.