Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game constantly crashing

Hunjry

Whenever I play Warframe it crashes at random intervals and goes to desktop. The warframe bug reporter has sent several reports already but this still isn't fixed. I've tried turning the settings down but it doesn't seem to help.

I have been having problems with warframe ever since the chimera patch (

), but now the game will go to a white screen and then crash. I have played warframe before with no problems at all, but since chimera I have fps drops all the time. Does anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

5 hours ago, Hunjry said:

I have been having problems with warframe ever since the chimera patch (

), but now the game will go to a white screen and then crash. I have played warframe before with no problems at all, but since chimera I have fps drops all the time. Does anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

What map?,I've had my rig crash on earth for months now.

If one update fixes it then the next will bring it back...The update lottery.

Only earth.I can play for hours on any other map.

Check your CPU usage, I've just noticed that Warframe has been spiking my CPU into the roof across all 8 cores.  It's a good place to start if you're crashing with apparently no rhyme or reason.

Edited by Marabar
Clarity

white screen sounds like Windows is handling it and saving the entire system from crashing?
though even if not, it sounds like a Clean Install of Video Drivers is in order. if your Video Drivers are not up to date, update them, if they are, try going back a few versions.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

white screen sounds like Windows is handling it and saving the entire system from crashing?
though even if not, it sounds like a Clean Install of Video Drivers is in order. if your Video Drivers are not up to date, update them, if they are, try going back a few versions.

Windows just completely crashes. The first time it even went to the DualBios on my Mobo. I'll check out the video drivers.

11 hours ago, Hunjry said:

Windows just completely crashes.

ah. interesting - i would suggest going to Event Viewer and looking for recent entries that sound like critical failures that could cause the system to crash. (remember you can easily find Windows Utilities by searching the Start Menu).
in Event Viewer you'll be looking in this category:
bG7n5NE.png
what is experiencing a critical failure can help point you in the right direction for what needs to be worked on.

as for Video Drivers, i forgot to spit out the help for Clean Installs so here it is now:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

ignore the instructions and warnings they have on the site, i'll give you instructions:

• make sure Windows Update won't reinstall Video Drivers on you while doing this (just turning it off until you're done is enough)
  • running it from Safe Mode guarantees success, however the other 99% of the time running it from normal Mode is fine.
  • Download the Video Driver you are going to install beforehand, put it on the Desktop for easy access (you really want to do this because of what will happen in between).
  • run it, select Clean and Restart.
  • upon restarting, don't touch anything. if you don't move any icons around or move Window positions, everything should go back to where it was once we're done.
  • install the new Video Driver, Restart when it is done.
  • you're done, everything should look normal and you have a Clean Install of __ Video Driver you elected to use.
Edited by taiiat