Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Prime abilities and atributes.

(PSN)GOTWIC

Question

So I just farmed and built Chroma Prime, and have been looking at some articles and videos to understand how the heck he works. Everyone seems to say that his 1 is trash, 2/3 are good, and 4 is okay. What I understand is that The color determines the "power". So cold is for armor, toxin and electricity is for damage and team buffs, and fire is for health. The questions I have:

1) So which ability(s) use these buffs?

2) While I understand that his 1 is bad, why does it disarm me? And what does It do?

3) People say that Effigy (his 4) is good for farming credits, yet the description says that it deploys a turret. Maybe it does Both?

4) I've seen people's chromas become an orange dragon, How can I do this? (I think this is one of his abilities but I don't know which one and what color) If this is the fire element/red color, then what do the other colors do? Make ice dragons or electric serpents maybe?

5) How do I make Chroma throw his head back and breathe fire? I have been told that it is from the Chroma Prime Nobe stance/animation, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I supposed to stand in one place for a certain amount of seconds? Or maybe it's a separate animation?

6) I am using the MK-1 Kunai with concealed explosives as a means of activating Vex Armour. Do I need to continuously damage myself while Vex is on, or is self-damaging once before ( or is it after?) activating vex fine?

Sorry for the absurd amount of questions, but I just don't get this dude. Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Chroma's 1, 2 and 4 are affected by his elemental color. His 1 and 4 just change their damage type depending on the elemental color but his 2 has unique buffs depending on color. Blue gives you more shield as well as a static shock to enemies who get close to you, green gives you increased reload/holster speed and a chance to apply toxic proc on nearby enemies, red/orange gives you increased health and a chance to ignite nearby enemies, and white gives you increased armor and applies a cold proc to nearby enemies. It is also worth noting that his 2 and 3 buffs also pass on to your teammates if they are close to you. The Everlasting Ward augment lets your teammates retain your Elemental Ward buff even when they move away from you and stays on until the duration ends.

His 1 is just bad, period. It pretty much acts like a crappy Ignis that barely does any damage.

Effigy kills give bonus credits since its apart of his dragon theme. Dragons in certain cultures like to horde gold/treasure.

As for people's Chromas becoming full blown dragons, I think that's just the cosmetic accessories they picked because as far as I know, none of his abilities physically transform in any way except for his 4 which makes him lose his dragon pelt.

Chroma throwing his head back is an animation for when he's unarmed. You can see this if you idle inside your ship.

You don't need to keep self damaging yourself while Vex Armor is activated. Just activate Vex Armor, blow yourself up a bit and get to work. You can now recast Vex Armor before its duration runs out so you can keep your stats.

Edited by Tricky5hift

if you play him for a Bit you can answer at least 3-4 questions of that.

and his 4 is always the turret that looks like a "Dragon" and gets a few Bonus Credits for each Kill it gets. its more of a Gimmick, then a real credit farm 

8 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Chroma's 1, 2 and 4 are affected by his elemental color. His 1 and 4 just change their damage type depending on the elemental color but his 2 has unique buffs depending on color. Blue gives you more shield as well as a static shock to enemies who get close to you, green gives you increased reload/holster speed and a chance to apply toxic proc on nearby enemies, red/orange gives you increased health and a chance to ignite nearby enemies, and white gives you increased armor and applies a cold proc to nearby enemies. It is also worth noting that his 2 and 3 buffs also pass on to your teammates if they are close to you. The Everlasting Ward augment lets your teammates retain your Elemental Ward buff even when they move away from you and stays on until the duration ends.

His 1 is just bad, period. It pretty much acts like a crappy Ignis that barely does any damage.

Effigy kills give bonus credits since its apart of his dragon theme. Dragons in certain cultures like to horde gold/treasure.

As for people's Chromas becoming full blown dragons, I think that's just the cosmetic accessories they picked because as far as I know, none of his abilities physically transform in any way except for his 4 which makes him lose his dragon pelt.

Chroma throwing his head back is an animation for when he's unarmed. You can see this if you idle inside your ship.

You don't need to keep self damaging yourself while Vex Armor is activated. Just activate Vex Armor, blow yourself up a bit and get to work. You can now recast Vex Armor before its duration runs out so you can keep your stats.

Thanks! This was very Helpful!

47 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

if you play him for a Bit you can answer at least 3-4 questions of that.

and his 4 is always the turret that looks like a "Dragon" and gets a few Bonus Credits for each Kill it gets. its more of a Gimmick, then a real credit farm 

Thanks for your reply! I definitely need to play him more!