The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Last Time, Strun Wraith Isn't Op

Senorclean

The Wraith is good in terms of dps because it can outpace all the shotguns and some of the other rifles...

but people forgot that the Lanka and Dread still exist =.="

I don't think people believe the Wraith is op in terms of weapons in general.... just damn better than every other shotgun by a mile except for accuracy.

Keep pushing it guys and I will call for a nerf of the Sobek and Hek into pea shooters.  They are scatter guns, they should have less range and more drop off damage with distance.  Also since there are only 4 barrels with no sighs of a magazine well on the Hek it should have no ability to take advantage of the Ammo Stock mod.  Those reload speeds are unrealisic for the hek if you have to reload each damn barrel of the shotgun for 4 shots so the reload speed should be double.

1. 190 base damage is to compensate for not having a shotgun amp aura, so stop using energy siphon and use rifle amp instead of power spamming 24/7

2. its a shotgun, only works good in close range which means your taking a lot of damage

3. it's a event only weapon, shouldn't complete garbage and you can't get it anymore

4. it's bullet damage type, doesn't do anything to people with high armor

5. pistol mods COMPLETELY beats shotgun mods and so does rifle mods. Serration gives 165% base at the cost of 1 mod slot (14 mod points) and point blank+blaze only gives 150% base damage at the cost of 2 mod slots (18 mod points).

Not Op yeah, still wont topple Akrid and Despair. Instead it ... just makes EVERY other bloody shotgun or assault rifle inferior in comparison.

Thing is Wraith was waaaay too powerfull reward for the ammount of work it requred (20 minutes lol). 

Lethal torment was given for hours of mindless grind in Void Key event.

Edited by derclaw

1. 190 base damage is to compensate for not having a shotgun amp aura, so stop using energy siphon and use rifle amp instead of power spamming 24/7

2. its a shotgun, only works good in close range which means your taking a lot of damage

3. it's a event only weapon, shouldn't complete garbage and you can't get it anymore

5. pistol mods COMPLETELY beats shotgun mods and so does rifle mods. Serration gives 165% base at the cost of 1 mod slot (14 mod points) and point blank+blaze only gives 150% base damage at the cost of 2 mod slots (18 mod points).

1) Neither do any other shotguns, but the Hek is still one of the biggest, most badass bost killer weapons we have. All without Shotgun aura.

2) You're in close enough range most of the time where shotguns will still do very good damage.

3) Just because it's rare it means it's not good? I'm pretty sure it's the reverse most of the time.

4) Doesn't matter if you get 150% AP mods, which no rifles or pistols can even get close to with max rank mods. 

5) You're acting like Blaze doesn't also give you fire damage, which I'm pretty sure makes up for the lack of base damage. 

Not Op yeah, still wont topple Akrid and Despair. Instead it ... just makes EVERY other bloody shotgun or assault rifle inferior in comparison.

Thing is Wraith was waaaay too powerfull reward for the ammount of work it requred (20 minutes lol). 

Lethal torment was give for hours of mindless grind in Void Key event.

You can now get lethal VERY easily wiki is quite wrong on the drop rate.

Rifle are useless, I feel like I wasted a forma even crafting my supra. The list of just useless rifles is aggravating. I was just about to vender my Hek before this event and give up on shotguns because they are so totally useless. About the only primary I bother to use is my Hind and my V-snipetron.

To anyone saying I need better mods: I have 2 maxed out serration cards, a maxed hornet strike, and the only damage card I do not have is primed chamber.

Edited by LazyKnight

Actually, if we consider this a similar situation to the BV, from my memory wasn't it the case that the BV did not get nerfed, but the Braton got buffed to surpass it?

If its the same with shotguns, and people complain that they can't get the Strun Wraith, we might get a generally needed shotgun buff overall.

*Being optimistic*

Nope, the BV got nerfed, AND the braton got buffed (BV used to have 25 damage, but now both do 20 damage.... but braton has like 11.3 fire rate compared to 9.3? 8.3? something like that)

Bunch of cry babies in this forum nowadays.

Some people didn't even get the gun because of personal reasons in life and here you are complaining saying it's too strong and need nerf.

It's like you getting a Console PS4/Xbone for Christmas and other kids get a deck of card. Now you're sitting there crying because your present is too good and want something less expensive. Then when your parent return it and get you something less expensive you start crying that it's useless now because it's too cheap.

GROW UP! You don't like it DON'T USE IT. You think it's too OP THEN SELL IT! No one is asking you to use it. You don't like your present don't use it. Stop complaining. Bunch of spoil brats in this generation. Fk sake.

You can now get lethal VERY easily wiki is quite wrong on the drop rate.

Rifle are useless, I feel like I wasted a forma even crafting my supra. The list of just useless rifles is aggravating. I was just about to vender my Hek before this event and give up on shotguns because they are so totally useless. About the only primary I bother to use is my Hind and my V-snipetron.

To anyone saying I need better mods: I have 2 maxed out serration cards, a maxed hornet strike, and the only damage card I do not have is primed chamber.

Really, rifles are useless?   Do you even know how to aim?  A rifle is very effective even in high levels.  My Braton Prime is my go to rifle when I feel the need for range and automatic fire power.  I use it regualry on Ceres Kiste mobile defense.  You know what make it so effective?  AIMING!!!!!  I go for head shots and I am so use to aiming for the head sometimes I do not have to zoom in to make my shot.  Ok not only am I aiming I am bursting firing too.  I admit it I use ......common sense in using weapons....I am guilty take me away!!!!!!

GROW UP! You don't like it DON'T USE IT. You think it's too OP THEN SELL IT! No one is asking you to use it. You don't like your present don't use it. Stop complaining. Bunch of spoil brats in this generation. Fk sake.

God, that one is funny.

People complain that for basicly no effort you get a gun that is superior to most stuff we have on market.

Every bloody shotgun is weaker than Wraith, MUCH weaker. Absolutely no reason to use anything else.

Thats a straight powercreep, and such thing should be avoided in games like WF.

Bigger numbers kill variety.

That would be more tolerable if Wraith would have less dmg but with unlimited puncture or something. So people can actually trade AoE potential for single target dmg for example.

Edited by derclaw

God, that one is funny.

People complain that for basicly no effort you get a gun that is superior to most stuff we have on market.

Every bloody shotgun is weaker than Wraith, MUCH weaker. Absolutely no reason to use anything else.

Thats a straight powercreep, and such thing should be avoided in games like WF.

It's only useful now since the Armor rework isn't implement and we don't have any way of fighting mobs/bosses beyond level 100 other than defense mode currently and soon survival. I doubt people will stay for over hours at a time in Defense/Survival just to get a real challenge. Once DE add in stronger mobs most people are going to start asking for buffs.

Really, rifles are useless?   Do you even know how to aim?  A rifle is very effective even in high levels.  My Braton Prime is my go to rifle when I feel the need for range and automatic fire power.  I use it regualry on Ceres Kiste mobile defense.  You know what make it so effective?  AIMING!!!!!  I go for head shots and I am so use to aiming for the head sometimes I do not have to zoom in to make my shot.  Ok not only am I aiming I am bursting firing too.  I admit it I use ......common sense in using weapons....I am guilty take me away!!!!!!

I solo Tier 3 defense all 20 waves and solo endless defense Varro to wave 35+, Rifles are useless compared to secondary. The only thing I use is a Vandal snipetron because at least it can do full damage on head shots on grineer. Saying I can't aim when the math is damning in condemnation on how bad rifles are doesn't help you win an argument.

A balanced Strun Wraith would look like: 160 damage, 10% crit chance, 150% crit damage, 8 Clip, lower fire rate than Sobek but a bit higher than Stock Strun.

And we got another boring and unnecessary weapon, yeah.

I just hate power creeps. It's Braton Vandal situation all over again. A lot of people will complain about it not being a sidegrade but a straight upgrade and people who missed out the event will feel inferior.

Tiering my **s. This weapon doesn't even require a certain mastery rank.

i hate when people complain about power creep. Most of the time they have no idea what their talking about.

Strun wraith is fine, just like nova is fine, pls cry somewhere else.

Edited by Reaver_X

i hate when people complain about power creep. Most of the time they have no idea what their talking about.

Strun wraith is fine, just like nova is fine, pls cry somewhere else.

yep, if theres anything to complain about, its acrid and nova

it isnt actually it takes a good few hits to down a lvl 400 ancient, and mine is on its first forma ( soon to be on 2nd ) and it rly struggles abit..