Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction Timer Proposal

-BM-Inservio

I'd like to see the extraction timers get some love. Not all of us have the same connection speed, reaction speed, and computers. Nevertheless, pretty much everyone that has ever been slow getting to the end of a mission, has probably seen the chat pinging them to hurry up, and had the group abandon them after two missions because of it. That's not a nice feeling, and despite everyone having been new at this game at some point, not everyone remembers that time and empathises.

I'd like to propose we add a vote to extraction, rather than a shortened timer. If two people reach the end, the 60sec counter starts, and an "extract now?" vote pops up. If everyone votes yes, the mission completes instantly. If not -even in the case of an AFK player- the counter continues. That way the people that cannot reach the end as fast as people with better connection/reflexes/computers, can stay in group and enjoy the game like everyone else, while the people that actually ARE actively slowing others down for whatever reason, can still be dropped from squads that do not appreciate that behaviour.

What do we think?

You can put ping limit about connection and hosting issues . Vote for exit is totally a bad idea . To my opinion timer even should be faster than as is it. Game has already to much leachers and trolls no need to feed them more with a voting system.

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, -BM-Inservio said:

I'd like to see the extraction timers get some love. Not all of us have the same connection speed, reaction speed, and computers. Nevertheless, pretty much everyone that has ever been slow getting to the end of a mission, has probably seen the chat pinging them to hurry up, and had the group abandon them after two missions because of it. That's not a nice feeling, and despite everyone having been new at this game at some point, not everyone remembers that time and empathises.

I'd like to propose we add a vote to extraction, rather than a shortened timer. If two people reach the end, the 60sec counter starts, and an "extract now?" vote pops up. If everyone votes yes, the mission completes instantly. If not -even in the case of an AFK player- the counter continues. That way the people that cannot reach the end as fast as people with better connection/reflexes/computers, can stay in group and enjoy the game like everyone else, while the people that actually ARE actively slowing others down for whatever reason, can still be dropped from squads that do not appreciate that behaviour.

What do we think?

We think that people are lost all sense of patience and are riddled with ADD if you can't wait 1 minute.

Just to edit this into a real reply. No, for the sole reason that the new meta will be "hey you two go to extraction so you can vote us out as soon as the mission is done", and you will have to either A) sit there bored, or B) play the mission with 2 people white the other to go to extraction and then go "hey we were helping by getting to the end quicker".

Edited by Shockwave-

I think DE should make it so that if 2 players get to extraction, we get a 30s force extraction, and if 3 players are on extraction the timer get instantly reduced to 15s unless it's already below 15s.

Special case for Fissures, if not all players have 10 reactant timer counts down from 1m, but as soon as all players have 10 reactant, timer instantly drops to 15s.

Edited by -BM-SniperKitten
Considering issues with Fissures