Jump to content

Have you ever associated a custom soundtrack to a game?


Agentcheese
 Share

Recommended Posts

With a title like the one I made your probably wondering what the heck I'm going on about. Ok so you know how sometimes your mind will combine a certain sound with a certain memory if its important enough?

Like how you will remember with crystal clarity the exact type of ice cream and its exact taste and flavor, whenever you remember that one time your parents took you to the zoo. Well that's happened with me. Only this time instead of treasured memories of when I was younger, its started to happen with games I play.

For instance whenever I play a corpus spy vault I always search for these 2 songs without fail.(It helps that google likes to auto complete the search for me lol.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42xHkfucwS8 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4pQKIHhsJk&t=62s  So I wanted to know. What songs have you started to associate with certain games or parts of games? (If any) I would really like to know. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to a game no, not that I can recall.

I know what you mean though, I can't read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy without thinking about "The Riddle" by Nik Kershaw, and vice versa. Not sure why, just the lyrics and the world created in the song seemed to quite fit the books in my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happens to me all the time. I still can't listen to Trivium's album 'Ascendancy' without thinking of my Tribes 2 -times. An interesting coincidence, since it was way before Tribes Ascend was a thing.

Also can't listen to their latest album without thinking of Warframe, because my first time listening to it was when I was farming Harrow systems.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Final Fantasy 6 (the one with Kefka in it) boss fight soundtrack to the various raid bosses in WoW.

Music from boss fights sounds like it would really fit in with.. well the boss fights in WoW.

Also I think I'm going to look up the music of final Fantasy 6. I got a felling its going to be pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Happens to me all the time. I still can't listen to Trivium's album 'Ascendancy' without thinking of my Tribes 2 -times. An interesting coincidence, since it was way before Tribes Ascend was a thing.

Also can't listen to their latest album without thinking of Warframe, because my first time listening to it was when I was farming Harrow systems.

Ahh I remember Tribes Ascend. Well I've never actually played it myself, but after seeing gameplay from that game I wish I had known about it when it was in its prime. 
Its a shame that its creators kinda ditched it in favor of Smite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-09 at 7:57 AM, Agentcheese said:

Ahh I remember Tribes Ascend. Well I've never actually played it myself, but after seeing gameplay from that game I wish I had known about it when it was in its prime. 
Its a shame that its creators kinda ditched it in favor of Smite.

The core gameplay was incredibly fun and it had a lot of potential but HiRez's stupid decisions and awful communication with the community killed it off.

'Awful communication' doesn't even begin to describe how bad it was. One time they announced that the official forums would be shut down and they would make /r/tribes subreddit their official discussion channel... all without contacting the subreddit moderators at all.

There was also this incident. For context, this was the first post by an HiRez employee in the said subreddit after almost a year of complete silence.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-09 at 10:42 PM, Pr1A said:

The core gameplay was incredibly fun and it had a lot of potential but HiRez's stupid decisions and awful communication with the community killed it off.

'Awful communication' doesn't even begin to describe how bad it was. One time when they announced that the official forums would be shut down and they would make /r/tribes subreddit their official discussion channel... all without contacting the subreddit moderators at all.

There was also this incident. For context, this was the first post by an HiRez employee in the said subreddit after almost a year of complete silence.

I just finished reading the link you sent  as well as your comment. I had no idea that the whole Tribes situation was that bad. It was honestly kinda disheartening to read through it all.

Its also inspired me to never ever treat my fans like the Tribes team did, if I ever end up creating my own games company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-08 at 9:12 AM, DeMonkey said:

Not to a game no, not that I can recall.

I know what you mean though, I can't read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy without thinking about "The Riddle" by Nik Kershaw, and vice versa. Not sure why, just the lyrics and the world created in the song seemed to quite fit the books in my head.

The Dune books and that Desert Rose song by Sting. 

 

 

Other than that, not really with a game unless it was on the in game soundtrack. In warframe the only songs that I have purposely linked to the game are Bob Marley songs with the slower relaxing pace. I've found that they help slow me down during mastery rank tests. And I need that for some of them to remember to pace myself so I don't work myself into a state and mess up because I missed a couple of shots here and there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...