Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please For The Love Of God, Leave Vortex Alone!

Best_Tiger

Look, I understand the nerfing of Bastille, (even though it's Vauban's only really useful move) but I think changing vortex so it doesn't affect Tenno is a BAD IDEA.

Very often I Bounce into a Vortex I've thrown on the ceiling to clear gaps and stuff. Vortex right now totally adds a level of fun and diversity to the Vauban playstyle.

Or maybe I'm just a space cop who likes to fly around on his floaty orbs every once in a while. I dunno.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best_Tiger
Vauban Chief of Police
Vauban Police Department

WHAT?

You, sir, are out of commission. The department kindly ask you to pack your Darth Vader helmet and leave the vicinity of VPD within 24 hours. Failure to comply will result in all members of VPD casting Vortex in the drainage and suck all your belongings and you into it.

Edited by neKroMancer

I'm sorry but i agree with the OP, I laugh so much with my friend when we use Vauban and we're talking on Skype, it makes it all the more enjoyable, and Vortex actually saved me a couple of times, if you believe me or not it's up to you, but i have a real blast i just crack up.

(Not saying we laugh at other players, but we laugh at each other for getting stuck in it while enemies die)

Edited by Nogard18

I'm sorry but i agree with the OP, I laugh so much with my friend when we use Vauban and we're talking on Skype, it makes it all the more enjoyable, and Vortex actually saved me a couple of times, if you believe me or not it's up to you, but i have a real blast i just crack up.

(Not saying we laugh at other players, but we laugh at each other for getting stuck in it while enemies die)

Yeah, well its not so fun when a Vauban starts raging at you why you can't rez him. Well maybe because you decided to drop a darn vortex on yourself and making it a giant headache to get to you.

Or the ones who decide to vortex right in the middle of a toxic ancient swarm. And his team is in it.

No, I am very happy for Vortex change.

combo vortex + bounce + zorencopters (actually for me it's dual ethers, same thing) lets you go sooooooo far, though.....

and once I did a cyath where it was basically me and another vabby throwing bastilles, teslas, and vortexes (vortices?) around near the machines we were defending, it was amazing to watch. as long as everyone stays out of the way and/or you avoid vortex when toxics are around, it's actually quite useful in keeping all the loot close together.

Gets me every time. I was in a team not long ago with my trinity where the Vauban would use vortex right near where I was stationed, breaking my power cycle and removing team blessing because I can't do anything 'in air', death insued.

A lot of powers, good powers, can't be used 'in air', and it makes moving/reviving a pain. It's the perfect power for trolling, but we really don't need those..

It's fun for playing around with Physics and Gravity, making you into something like a comet...

Sadly it's too hard to get out of and when someone falls down under it...they're almost as good as dead.

They should make it so that with a jump melee, you can hit the ground and slide away (slowly). Hell even Slash Dash is blocked by this bad Vortex, and I'm just going tangent to its spherical effect!...

So really...the change might do more good than bad anyway.