Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giant Spider Boss Recon

ljmadruga

I made my way over to the Temple of Profit to find a way to make the spider boss vulnerable, or maybe even take it down.

After finding the three bosses I’ve made some theories and this thread is made specifically for information regarding these fights.

First thing’s first, I believe these fights are similar to the tridolons in that you and your team have to fight them in a specific order, starting with the one at the Temple of Profit. One of the next two at the Spaceport and Enrichment center will activate once the first one is defeated.

The locations of these fights directly coincides with the best locations to farm Toroids. I do not believe these to be coincidence and that they may be a resource required for these fights.

One more theory I have yet to test involves a specific room that can be found at all three of these locations. It’s a very tiny room with a panel and a spinning ball in the center. I’ve found it at the Temple of Profit and the Enrichment center.  I haven’t found it at the Spaceport mainly because I haven’t looked.

I was unable to hack the panel in the Enrichment center, but I was able to hack the one at the Temple of Profit. The Spider at the Temple of Profit is always active from the beginning of a session in Fortuna. I believe that hacking this panel does something to the Spider, but I need a team to test this theory.

If anybody wants to assist me, I am on PC in the eastern time zone. I usually ha e a busy schedule at work especially for the holiday season but I’ll definitely try to coordinate something.

Edited by ljmadruga
Wrong location name

Just now, ljmadruga said:

Does anything happen to the boss when you hack the panel?

I don't think anything happen. Since I didn't go out of my way to try and shoot them.

But I have another thory. Since we now can 'Capture' the base. I think we needed to capture the base around the Orb area. Since we can't really capture the 3 mention area (or we can? IDK). Like how thing in GO (or Koma if don't know what GO is and have play the sacrifice quest). To start capture the main building where the spider will active and try to interfere with us.

As another note. I think the room only serve as power generator to the laser field thing like in spy mission. Since we can't really disable them and they are everywhere. That's said. I only have Spy mission in Enrichment Lab so far. And that one can't be hack. So.... IDK...

On 2018-11-10 at 5:12 PM, ljmadruga said:

I made my way over to the Temple of Profit to find a way to make the spider boss vulnerable, or maybe even take it down.

After finding the three bosses I’ve made some theories and this thread is made specifically for information regarding these fights.

First thing’s first, I believe these fights are similar to the tridolons in that you and your team have to fight them in a specific order, starting with the one at the Temple of Profit. One of the next two at the Spaceport and Enrichment center will activate once the first one is defeated.

The locations of these fights directly coincides with the best locations to farm Toroids. I do not believe these to be coincidence and that they may be a resource required for these fights.

One more theory I have yet to test involves a specific room that can be found at all three of these locations. It’s a very tiny room with a panel and a spinning ball in the center. I’ve found it at the Temple of Profit and the Enrichment center.  I haven’t found it at the Spaceport mainly because I haven’t looked.

I was unable to hack the panel in the Enrichment center, but I was able to hack the one at the Temple of Profit. The Spider at the Temple of Profit is always active from the beginning of a session in Fortuna. I believe that hacking this panel does something to the Spider, but I need a team to test this theory.

If anybody wants to assist me, I am on PC in the eastern time zone. I usually ha e a busy schedule at work especially for the holiday season but I’ll definitely try to coordinate something.

That why DE shouldnt use "indirect" text ... people cant think . The giant spider cant be damage for the simple reason that the fight its not avaible now (most likely DE dont reach it in time for the release) . There is no secret and magical form to do it  ... just wait .

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

It’s a very tiny room with a panel and a spinning ball in the center. I’ve found it at the Temple of Profit and the Enrichment center.  I haven’t found it at the Spaceport mainly because I haven’t looked.

I was unable to hack the panel in the Enrichment center, but I was able to hack the one at the Temple of Profit. 

I found one of those rooms at spaceport, and it is hackable. I was thinking you need to hack them in a sequence, but after hacking the first 2 the 3rd still isn't hackable, so either its a red herring, the third being hackable hasn't been added yet, or there is a 4th I didn't find. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I know... I have done radiation dmg to 1 of spiders called, profit taker orb but then again it doen't have to be radiation. You can deal shield dmg to its legs but thats about it. And it changes constantly too. My opticor did quiet some dmg. It was set up for radiation dmg. I have tried to deal dmg with magnetic, but it was alot less. I've tried to deal dmg to the exploiter orb but didn't work. Mechanics aren't easy as well. Snowstorms etc...

Oh and when the heat is high enough, the profit taker orb will attack you with a mortar.

Any theories then about dealing dmg? Radiation or do you think its gonna be something else?

Edited by Grayfox1990

On 2018-11-11 at 1:15 AM, Miser_able said:

I found one of those rooms at spaceport, and it is hackable. I was thinking you need to hack them in a sequence, but after hacking the first 2 the 3rd still isn't hackable, so either its a red herring, the third being hackable hasn't been added yet, or there is a 4th I didn't find. 

I have one of the Spy mission at Spaceport and certainly, that room is generator room that power the laser/sensors that defense the console. After I disable the generator, all the laser defense are gone. Left with only a handful of camera, drone and some enemies.