Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Lander Ability

Partran

This would probably be extremely difficult for DE to implement based on how the game currently works.

If I recall, whenever you load into a mission, the game loads your weapons and you teammates’ weapons only. So basically everytime you used this air support charge, everyone would be subjected to a loading screen.

So unless DE decides to rework the way a lot of the game works from a programming standpoint, this idea is a bit of a long shot.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

This would probably be extremely difficult for DE to implement based on how the game currently works.

If I recall, whenever you load into a mission, the game loads your weapons and you teammates’ weapons only. So basically everytime you used this air support charge, everyone would be subjected to a loading screen.

So unless DE decides to rework the way a lot of the game works from a programming standpoint, this idea is a bit of a long shot.

Maybe? But who would have guessed open world and SSX tricky gameplay? DE is rarely afraid of reprogramming chunks of the game.

1 hour ago, Partran said:

Maybe? But who would have guessed open world and SSX tricky gameplay? DE is rarely afraid of reprogramming chunks of the game.

I think it's probably because those aren't core parts of Warframe's code, but rather additions. Realistically this isn't the first time players have asked for this, so I can see it happening in the future, but not anytime soon.

It's actually a really good idea, tying it to a Lander to prevent it being spammed. I'd also suggest that the loadout sent down be pre-selected somehow, for two reasons: Firstly, because it would mean that one would have to alter the backup loadout to fit the mission as opposed to being able to choose from every loadout one has, which is another balancing factor. Secondly, because choosing and then swapping takes one out of the action for too long, and begs the question of how one's absence from the mission should be handled, whereas swapping to a pre-set could be almost instantaneous.

16 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

So basically everytime you used this air support charge, everyone would be subjected to a loading screen.

I dont think everyone would, just the one who uses it as ive had players leave in join my squad mid mission with a different warframe and I didn't get kicked out as long as they weren't the host.