The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Nova Nerfed Too?

-Antros-

I play with a lot of warframes and vauban, trinity and Ember were nerfed.... but and Nova?

Im used to play with her in xini and kill a lot but it seens that she dont have anymore the same damage output.

Anyone have the same issue or its just me???

Trinity, Ember and Vauban(maybe have bastille increased to around 20 targets) were NOT nerfed. They where CHANGED to make the game more balanced. Not only that, but in U10 there is going to be both an armor rework and and elemental damage rework. So these changes can easily be a good thing.

As for Nova, I havent used her in awhile. So I have noticed anything.

Edited by Dtexas

Trinity, Ember and Vauban(maybe have bastille increased to around 20 targets) were NOT nerfed. They where CHANGED to make the game more balanced. Not only that, but in U10 there is going to be both an armor rework and and elemental damage rework. So these changes can easily be a good thing.

As for Nova, I havent used her in awhile. So I have noticed anything.

I used the term nerfed because they didnt balance ALL their skill.... so they are unbalanced now to the other side of the balance...

It's nearly impossible to fully balance anything in a game that's always changing. So they were CHANGES not nerfs

^ this.

In Starcraft: Brood War, it took them YEARS (it was like 9 or so years) before that game was fully balanced. This game ofc wont take that long to balance. But changes need to happen, weather they are good or bad. The only way to perfect something is by continually changing it and making adjustments.

It's nearly impossible to fully balance anything in a game that's always changing. So they were CHANGES not nerfs

A nerf, by definition is the lowering of usefulness of any skill, build, item, etc, to either make it balanced, or make it less OP.

A nerf is a change.

Vauban was nerfed. It was needed, but it was a nerf. There was no balancing, there was no increase/decrease tradeoff. It was a straight nerf. The Vortex was a change, but neither good nor bad, just a simple change in the use of the skill. Bastille was straight up nerfed. They didnt increase the time its out. They didnt increase its range. They simple decreased the amount of enemies trapped, thus nerf.

Embers defensive skill was nerfed, but they at least did add more dmg to it. No longer tanky, but now more cannon.

And Embers fireball was a striaght up buff. They didnt lower its ability or anything, pure increases there.

Basically, they made Ember similar to Mag, alot more glass cannon styled combat. No more standing in 50 mobs, now kite them and kill them quicker.

Edited by MasterZalm

Every single nerf thread basically goes: 

They nerfed my guy! Now he is completely useless at everything! 

Nerfs have to happen! Don't be so butthurt!

Argh I can't do anything!

Math guy appears! Math guy explains that you are only like, 15% weaker or something. 

THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER

*everyone keeps playing anyway* 

Something made stronger = Buff

Something made weaker = Nerf

Something changed = Changed...

Really guys I can tweek your notices for jury duty to read:

"You have been chosen to join the Justice Squadron, 8 a.m. Monday at the Municipal Fortress of Vengeance."

But it's still jury duty. Just like lowering a stat, ability, power, armor, etc is still nerfing.

So i am in the process of rendering a trinity vidro highlighting the changes. I am cool with it.

I just would like the new energy vamp even more if u were refunded energy if the mob dies. U turn the mob into an energy beacon but if it dies u nip the energy regen early, so it would be cool if killing it cause the mob to explode the energy it hasn't ticked yet.

overall i like the change bc it makes trini feel less clunky. She has a nice fluid feel now.

Protip u cn vamp cameras and turrets lol