Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nerfed Amount Of Ammo And Health Drops Will Screw Newbies Over

Hayden11121

I think they where aiming for making drops less, because trinity got changed so she is even more useful than she was. I think that the drop amount should change as you goto higher tier planets. Health/energy wise anyways.

As for ammo, I think peope wanted it less so they could get passed wave 30/35 on defense.

Edited by Dtexas

I think they where aiming for making drops less, because trinity got changed so she is even more useful than she was. I think that the drop amount should change as you goto higher tier planets. Health/energy wise anyways.

as for ammo, I think peope ant it less so they could get passed wave 30/35 on defense.

Because Trinity is one of the starter frames? Yea.... about that.

Uhm... Newbies of all people need health and ammo...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102160-seriously-absolutely-nothing-about-newbies-and-solo-mode/

You're not wrong - Scott went through the New experience the other day and is very serious about it needing attention. He couldn't make the stream, I should have mentioned this, I am sorry.

No, it will make them look in lockers and break things and give them incentive to go melee somebody. The sooner this community gives up the rusher B.S. the better. The whole game makes a lot more sense when you play it instead of pushing one power button or spamming one weapon.

No, it will make them look in lockers and break things and give them incentive to go melee somebody. The sooner this community gives up the rusher B.S. the better. The whole game makes a lot more sense when you play it instead of pushing one power button or spamming one weapon.

Grandmaster, eh?

So you've played Warframe a long time?

Go back, with Loot Tables 2.0, U9 Scaled enemies, and restart.

Enjoy fighting level 15 Corpus Fusion MOAs and Grineer Napalms/ Heavy Gunners with nothing more then ammo mods and vitality.

"OH BUT I LOOKED IN THE LOCKERS, SO I LIVE"

Sorry to say, you don't..

Grandmaster, eh?

Enjoy fighting level 15 Corpus Fusion MOAs and Grineer Napalms/ Heavy Gunners with nothing more then ammo mods and vitality.

Oh thought this was a new problem. So this is the old complaint since the start of U9 scaling. So after just giving you info that two days ago they they had confirmed its a problem and they are working on it yo ... you know what, never mind.

Keep the whips to their backs, have at it. But this really isn't about drops.

Oh thought this was a new problem. So this is the old complaint since the start of U9 scaling. So after just giving you info that two days ago they they had confirmed its a problem and they are working on it yo ... you know what, never mind.

Keep the whips to their backs, have at it. But this really isn't about drops.

But it is...

They say to work on the problem of hurting newbies too much, then proceed to do something that will affect newbies in a negative way..

Grandmaster, eh?

You're mixing your issues with issues known and in progress... that's not an argument that's an evasion. Obviously they're still tweaking loot tables, enemy damage types and scaling are about to be overhauled, and the ammo inventory system is about to get retooled. This hurts your cause, not helps it. If you take those things away all you're doing is whining arbitrarily because you can't possibly understand the change without the context.

You're mixing your issues with issues known and in progress... that's not an argument that's an evasion. Obviously they're still tweaking loot tables, enemy damage types and scaling are about to be overhauled, and the ammo inventory system is about to get retooled. This hurts your cause, not helps it. If you take those things away all you're doing is whining arbitrarily because you can't possibly understand the change without the context.

I can whine based on what was just released.

Drops.. are... less.. frequent.

That MIXED with the issue at hand is bad.

Level 6-8 corpus capture on Venus

Drops counted in first rooms.

resource 3

Pistol:10

Rifle: 6

Shotgun: 6

Sniper:6

Energy:7

Health: 3

First 3 rooms. 25 kills and quit because really. Floor is already littered with stuff.

The important stuff at that level.

200 pistol

120 rifle.

175 energy

75 health one from each locker I opened.

Three rooms. I'm not going to bother to continue this joke. What is the bases of your drops are fewer conclusion anyway? "feels"?

Once they fix any heavy spawn problems. The armory all over the ground is plenty for non-modded weapons. (which was what I was using)

Edited by Firetempest

Have you tried... lv 15-20? Because you're not going to find any decent gun mods till at least lv 20 mobs...

That would also be part of the mod rate problem, not ammo/energy etc drop problem. If you you can properly get mods on the first planets. There is no need to drowned everyone in a sea of ammo.

Edited by Firetempest

That would also be part of the mod rate problem, not ammo/energy etc drop problem. If you you can properly get mods on the first planets. There is no need to drowned everyone in a sea of ammo.

Except for the huge quantity of ammo you waist because your guns do no damage.

Trust me, I reset, I suffered through it. It's rough.

It's basically spend 30 minutes surviving for bare life to get cut short by getting flanked by a room you just wiped out of life, or get carried endlessly.

I did some testing on my Newbie Account Test just now.

I was using Rhino, on Venus.

The Ammo Drops didn't seem That bad, but then I was also using a Kunai (one-shot kills, lol). I was doing my best to imagine what it'd be like if I were using my Braton instead, and the main trouble, that I saw, was that Blue Boxes were far too rare. This has always been a problem, but it seems a bit worse now.

And "LOL GO OPEN SOME LOCKERS!" you say?

Yeah, about that...

There's these O-shaped Loot Rooms.... problem is, they almost always have exactly 0 open-able lockers in them. Maybe if lockers were openable more often, then sure! I wouldn't mind the lesser ammo drops as much. But there's far too many red lockers around. Also, smashable containers could be dropping ammo......but they don't. They give affinity orbs, and energy. Occasionally health.

And then there's Energy.

A Newbie needs a LOT of this stuff, and I noticed a good... I dunno? 25% less orbs? Something like that? Since a Newbie's guns do no damage, they're either going to be spamming Pull, Slash Dash, or Invisibility. It takes a lot of energy to fuel that. Heck, back a few patches ago I was actually running out of energy frequently while trying to get enough Nano Spores to make my Kunai on Saturn. I had a Lv30 Excalibur, a Lv20 Braton (with a couple ranks of Piercing Hit and Stormbringer), a Lv18 Lato with Heated Charge and Convulsion along with an Orthos with Fury... and these weapons were not enough when you'd run into 5 grineer all in a group. So I spammed Slash Dash... except I was running out of energy because of how many times I ran into 3+ grineer near each other.

That was BEFORE the drop nerf in 9.8. I'd hate to attempt Saturn with Excalibur now with weak weapons.